|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

True Love . . .?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyMon 06 Oct 2014, 17:44

Finally, their trial had come to end. Eaton walked with a certain spring in his step as he neared the door to his home. So exited he had to struggle from talking to himself; Jana was going to be so surprised when he told her he had risen to Adren! He would tell her at the end, though. The story of even securing the telegraph was exiting enough. Before he knew it, here he was. He threw open the door and announced,

“Jana! I’m back! We . . . Jana?” He quickly gave a glance in the other room, but mother and son were nowhere in the home. Odd, they shouldn't have anywhere else to be at this time. However, he did see a letter purposefully placed in the center of his desk, away from the other crooked stacks of paper the normally occupied the station. He quickly went over and snatched up the note, gripping it in both hands as he recognized Jana’s handwriting. His jaw fell open in horror as he read what was on the page:

“Eaton,
By the time you read this, Elijah and I will be in Houston. I’m sure you agree that your son and I deserve to be among those who can actually care for us. I don’t blame you, I blame myself for allowing you to seduce me. At least our son won’t have to know of his Comanche heritage and can try to be an honorable Garou free from the influence of a Bone Gnawer.”

Eaton grimaced as he covered his eyes with one hand and crumpling the letter in the other. Unable to control himself he shifted in Crinos as a mournful howl rose from his throat, heard throughout Nacogdoches.

Eaton’s eyes fluttered open, staring at the ceiling of the Fitch’s house. He sighed to himself and rubbed his forehead,
That wasn’t a vision! They’re never about you! Eaton told himself. That was just a dream! You should know the difference!  

The rest of his pack mates were still resting, and although he still felt physically exhausted his mind would not rest after that. While he still felt a tinge of grief, he tried looking at the dream more critically.

The Silver Fangs abandoned Jana. She would never go back to them! And Red Oath and all them would just let her walk away? Yeah right, Eaton.

All those things were true and yet . . . The Galliard didn’t feel any better. Even if the Silver Fangs had abandoned her that said nothing of himself. If she had a child now . . . would they forgive her and accept her with open arms? And Red Oath was the Philodox, it would be here place to say of Jana was able to leave and . . .

This is ridiculous. All because of what that one brat said? You’ve told each your feelings how many times? That would never happen!

Though this was hardly the only concern those girls claimed. Hadn’t they said something about Zoe’s mother hating her? Of course wondering to himself wasn’t going to get him anywhere. However, currently the Theurge was passed out along with everyone else, probably moreso from staying up to speak with Patience. Eaton laid in silence trying to distract himself with the other problems going on, but even that didn’t cheer him up. Eventually the noises coming the Garou’s stomachs told them all it was time to find something they could eat, so they thanked the Fitch’s for their hospitality and excused themselves. Once they were a safe enough distance away from Zavala each Prodigal shifted into Lupus and before long Zas was leading them on the scent of prey. Finally free of creepy girls Eaton trotted up to Zoe and said,

“Zoe, not that I’m, er, worried or anythin’, but I know you spent more time around those girls than I did. I know they claimed some strange stuff about your mother. Ya don’t think they’re telling the truth, do ya? They can’t be right about everythin, right?” His voice shook with unease as he stumbled over his own words.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyMon 06 Oct 2014, 18:21

Turning her brown lupine face toward her Bone Gnawer brother, she smiled in understanding. The words of the girls had haunted her as well, though she felt she was gaining a better understanding of their game. She shook her head.

"Of course not, Eaton. Those girls have certainly never encountered Jana, seeing as how they have only been here their whole short lives and Jana has been in Nacogdoches that whole time. At best they have ghosts or spirits spying on her, but to what end? Just to upset you? That seems counterproductive to their plan."

She tilted her head to one side quizzically.

"Before they said that, did you ever fear that Jana felt that way about you? I know I sometimes come to the conclusion that my mother must have hated me in order to abandon me the way she did. Perhaps the girls just took our fears and spoke them as fact. Jana has certainly never expressed such thoughts to me concerning you."

Zoe realized that was a bit of an exaggeration, but girl talk was just that and she had no reason to betray Jana's moment of emotional weakness when her brother was already facing his own emotional turmoil.
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyMon 06 Oct 2014, 19:04

Eaton's ears lay flat against his skull as he began, "I suppose it could just be them tryin' to scare us, but everythin' else they said seemed true enough. Gettin' someone to doubt, mistrust each other is a powerful weapon. And spillin' a dark secret is a mighty fine way to get around doin' that."

He paused and let out a huff, "I . . . I guess I have. I mean, I don't like to think about it but how long did it take for Rends to like Zas? Prejudices don't just go away overnight. I kinda figured she didn't mind what I am."

He reached up and rubbed his eye with his paw, setting it back down and adding, "Damn gnats."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyMon 06 Oct 2014, 19:23

Zoe sniffed out what could only be interpreted as a laugh.

"I think Patience was trying to cause some trouble between me and Rends earlier, too. She said that when he pulled my hair out, she didn't make him do it, she just encouraged or allowed him to do what came naturally, as if Rends pulling out my hair would come naturally to him."

Zoe's eyes grew dark as she glared at nothing in particular.

"All this dissension, doubt, fear, and anger that the girls cause could be fueling the Wyrm spirits in the area, which feed on all of those things. They themselves said they hadn't decided who they were serving or following. And Patience even told me that she had put some people in the graveyard using nothing more than her mind."

Zoe shook her body as a chill ran down her spine.

"I am pretty certain that Huling is bad news, but these girls aren't any better, are they? They both want the other out of the way. They both have eery supernatural connections. They've both killed people who may not have deserved it."

She sighed and snarled. "Despite who's in the wrong, our responsibility is to destroy the Wyrm wherever it may be, so it's our goal to figure that out."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyMon 06 Oct 2014, 19:54

Eaton scratched at his belly with his hind paw, still trying to hobble along as he replied, "Well, if ya think Patience is just tryin' to stir up trouble that does seem to be the best best we've got so far. I think the girls are the bigger problem. Nothin' about 'em seems right. If they're tryin' to cast doubt, demonizin' Huling would be a good way to do that."

He have a shrug as he said, "Though still don't wanna stick to many eggs in that basket till we know more about Lachrimae. We might be facin' a case where neither of 'em are right."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyMon 06 Oct 2014, 20:10

Zoe scratched behind her ear sympathetically.

"As troublesome and disturbing as these girls are, they still intrigue me. I really want to find out where they came from, you know? Why are they aging so quickly? Will it continue? What is the source of their abilities? Do they really speak with the dead or is that a trick, too?"

She pawed at her nose to swat away a gnat.

"So, what if they're both of the Wyrm? Do we let them at one another and then clean up the mess afterwards? I wanna believe the girls can be put on a good path even if their origins are less than pure, but I would not be surprised if we ended up having to get rid of them."

Zoe scratched behind her other ear then glowered at Eaton.

"If you're worried about how Jana feels about you, maybe you should consider bathing more frequently. Just a thought."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyMon 06 Oct 2014, 22:28

Eaton turned the side of his head as he stared at Zoe, "Well, I don't want to damn either one of 'em right now, but ya think the girls can be saved? I'd place my bet on Huling bein' redeemed. I agree with ya; that guy ain't given off the best of vibes but I don't see anythin' but a monster in Patience. Everythin' Fitch said seems almost meaningless after seenin' just how much sway she has over him."

He then let out another huff, "And I do bathe. It just doesn't help when ya can only afford one set of clothes to change into."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyTue 07 Oct 2014, 11:00

Zoe shook her head adamantly.

"Patience and the others are just children, albeit strange, gifted, creepy children, but like all children their age, they are still learning right from wrong. Do you consider Elijah evil because he does everything in his little bitty power to get his way? No, he only knows that he has needs and that they need to be met in any way possible. Fortunately for you, your child just screams and cries to get what he wants instead of manipulating your thoughts or threatening your life. Perhaps no one in this town is brave enough to attempt to teach the girls right from wrong and how to use their powers benevolently and not selfishly."

She snorts derisively. "As far as Huling is concerned, he is a grown man who should know better than to draw on evil spirits and mind-numbing poison to get his way in this town. He claims he wants to get the town off the tonic, but if the girls are to be believed, he is responsible for adding virgin tears and making the potion even more dangerous than before."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyTue 07 Oct 2014, 11:33

"Well, I ain't sayin' Huling's a great example," Eaton said, his ears standing back on end, "The thing is Zoe, I don't see children when I look at those girls. Everythin' about 'em seems wrong, and it ain't just their upbringin'. I've known spoiled brats grownin' up and these things ain't actin' like kids."

He does add, "Course, that doesn't mean ya can't try. I just think Huling's more likely to repent is all."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyTue 07 Oct 2014, 13:03

Zoe sighed as she trotted along, keeping an eye on Zas.

"I know, Eaton, but I'm not quite ready to write the girls off just yet. Personally, I think Huling may be too far gone to repent and make things right, but perhaps he really is trying since he said he was trying to wean the town off of the tonic. We really really need to get into the Umbra in order to get an idea of the spiritual nature of this mess. Let's just hope we have time to do so before the riders get here."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyWed 08 Oct 2014, 20:36

Eaton shook himself, several light brown hairs fluttering away in the wind, "What makes ya think Huling is too lost? Sure, Mr Fitch sure made him sound incriminatin' but after seein' just how much Patience has her hold over him, it ain't to sure her dad really knows what he's talkin' about."

His eyes suddenly filled with dread, "And he doesn't even know it . . ."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyWed 08 Oct 2014, 21:19

Zoe laughed a gruff lupune laugh.

"Oh I am certain now that Mr. Fitch cannot be believed at all. He is infatuated with Patience and would never believe anything incriminating his daughter or acquitting Huling. They are all dead set on destroying Huling, which almost makes me feel that Huling needs our protection more than the girls do. I mean, Huling just wants them out of town; they want him out of existence."

She shook her head furiously. "I hate not knowing who I can trust or who's in the right. We always find ourselves in these damned near impossible situations and then everyone expects us to make these perfect decisions and wants to demonize us when we don't."

She scratched at her ear as a tuft of hair came off in her claws. "Not to mention these lovely curses. Who knows what kind of fallout we'll face after taking out whatever Wyrmbeasts are devouring this town?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyWed 08 Oct 2014, 21:39

"Well, that's what I noticed; those girls seemed more vicious and cruel than Huling." He did roll his eyes, "Course the Judge didn't say anthin' about Jana."

About Zoe's fustrations, Eaton lowered his head to look her in the eye and added, "Yeah, it feels like none of this is ever easy. Seems we always end up waist deep in any mess we get ourselves into. Though we've always succeeded. I have no doubt we will this time."

Giving his coat a once over, he said, "Eh, that's just part of the job. How many Garou get to claim they've been cursed by the Wyrm, anyhow?"

His rather relaxed behavior suddenly turned tense, "Say, ya don't know if these sorts a curses are, uh,inherited, do ya?"
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyWed 08 Oct 2014, 22:06

Zoe smirked at Eaton.

"I don't know if you can think objectively concerning the girls, considering your reaction to their comment about Jana. I was surprised you didn't tear into one right then and there, considering your past difficulty to resist frenzying."

Zoe sighed and scratched at another loose clump of hair.
"I know we always work it out, but it's this part of the process I was despise. Concerning curses being passed down to Elijah, if you were cursed when Jana conceived I would say perhaps yes, but I doubt a curse would jump to your offspring after the fact. I could be completely wrong though; however, I don't plan on us having these curses forever."

She looked compassionately at her brother Garou. "Don't give the girl's words concerning Jana another thought. I don't know if anything they've said is even true. Heck, if they were able to manipulate what Rends saw and believed, we could have been part of some mass hallucination ever since stepping foot in this town."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyWed 08 Oct 2014, 22:36

Eaton averted her gaze after she finished speaking as he replied, "I suppose I don't trust 'em after what they said. That ain't exactly a great way to get me on their side. Though I will say that I did manage to control myself this time. And I thought Elijah would be safe, but I was curious if I ever wanted another, if they'd be in any danger."

Mulling over her last comment for a moment, he said, "It ain't just what they said. When I laid down I . . . frankly, it a was ridiculous dream where Jana left me. Course, I don't think it would happen but . . . was that my own mind worrin' itself or is that more nonsense from Patience? I'd prefer to think they don't have that much power . . ." He trailed off as his tone shook with each passing word.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyWed 08 Oct 2014, 22:42

Zoe shrugged as she met Eaton's eyes.

"You can enter and manipulate dreams, why couldn't they?  But the anxiety of even the thought of her feeling that way toward you could have just as easily caused that dream, you know."

Zoe scratched at a spot just out of reach then rubbed her side against the ground to satisfy the itch. Standing back up, she gave him a quizzical glare.

"What did you say to the girls right before they said that?  Did you provoke them?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014, 12:19

"They were talkin' about what they wanted to do with Huling. Talkin' 'bout how bad he is and how we should get rid of him. I said, admittedly jeeringly, everyone is gonna get what's coming to them. And their reply was that I can shoot straight with them, because they don't hold my native blood against me unlike Jana . . ."

He breathed in slowly, doing his best to avoid raising his voice, "That's a slight paraphrase but that's what they said. If they wanted to get a rise out of me, well, they got one."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014, 13:51

"Hmm...whether you meant it as such or not, it sounds like they felt threatened. I was talking to Patience earlier today, questioning her origins and why she didn't seem to care about her parents and suggesting that they were not her parents after all. Before she could respond Mr. Fitch came bounding to her defense, accusing me of being in league with Huling if I was going to be suggesting things like that. The little brat then took another stab at my past by saying to her father that I was just jealous that I didn't have a father like hers."

She stopped, shook her head, and just looked at Eaton. "We need more answers. Mocks and Rends have been very secretive about the contents of that book whenever I asked them about it. I trust that they're doing so for a reason, but my curiosity drives me close to tackling Rends and running off with the book, though I know I probably wouldn't succeed unless I came at him in Crinos while he was in Homid. Guess that's what makes him a good Ahroun though, huh? And Mocks wouldn't be Mocks without his secrets. I just hope they let us know what we need to know before it's too late."

Zoe narrowed her eyes in confusion before speaking again. "What I don't understand is why the girls seem so set on antagonizing us when they clearly want us to do their dirty work for them. I lost count of how many times Patience alone said "kill Huling" when she and I were speaking earlier. Huling wanted the girls to learn somethingfrom that book, so what? Is he trying to train them? Tame them? Brainwash them? Fix them?"

Zoe eyed the hulking lupus Ahroun, considering her previous idea, then thought better of it. "I just don't see why they wouldn't let the Theurge in on the book of creepy secrets. It's kind of my area of Gaia-given expertise, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014, 14:10

Eaton lifted his head, his curiosity raised, "That book Rends found in the teachers desk? I kinda forgot about 'cause those girls did their thing right after he found it. If we really confronted 'em on it, I'm sure they'd relent, but they gotta be doin' it for a reason. Rends takes it upon himself to protect the lot of us so he might not want us worryin' if he can take care of it. Cause it really sounds like we have a lot to worry 'bout as is. As for Kefka . . . Heck if I know. "

He didn't say anything for a moment, the gears in his head clearly turning as he said, "It might sound weird that Patience is tryin' to upset us and then turn around expectin' our help, but they clearly know stuff about us I for one wish they didn't. Considerin' they're tryin' to make us mad insteada scaring us, I certainly wouldn't wanna be in the way of a pissed off Garou."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014, 14:20

Zoe laughed. "Yeah, the girls either don't really know what they're up against, are really strong themselves, or are just really arrogant. They certainly have unique abilities, but just like us, they have their limits, which is why they need us to help them take down Huling and the Lachrymae and whatever else is poisoning this town."

She sighed. "Though the more I think about it, the more I believe that these girls are just as responsible for poisoning the town as Huling if not more so."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014, 15:06

As Zoe stated her opinion, Eaton bit at an itch on his back, contorted in a rather uncomfortable way. Licking his muzzle a few times he replied, "I just not sure how do deal with either of 'em. As brainwashed as they are I don't think they're parents are gonna let take 'em lyin' down. And I think most of us aren't too keen on havin' to kill them, too. If we wanted to just burn the town to the ground, we could've done that as soon as we walked in."

Pulling himself back on all fours, he added, "But that's another thing, no matter who gets whats comin' to them, how do we explain that the town's mayor is gone or that all their children are suddenly missing? Or both? I have a feeling we're all headin' right into another mess after we figure out this one."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014, 15:18

"If the past is any indicator, it's going to be one bloody, embarrassing mess and a story we might not be too proud to tell in the future. Nevertheless, if the girls and Huling are all bad news and the parents rise up to defend the girls and the town rises up to defend Huling..."

Zoe shook her head and sighed. "One big, bloody mess and the tale of five rage monsters who took out six little girls and a middle-aged man. I can just feel us dropping in rank already. And burning the town down doesn't guarantee that anything is actually taken care of. They could all escape, start over and end up worse than before."

Zoe laughed. "It's like Akna all over again. I wonder what delightful curses the Lachrymae will have for us."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014, 15:29

Eaton laughed, "Now, even with Akna's curse we earned renown. For better or worse. And I haven't come across a story about us yet I've been too embarrassed to tell."

He paused, "Though there was that one time . . ."

He was cut off as the Philodox let out a howl, letting his pack know that he had found his prey. Eaton's stomach gurgled as he finished, "But all this is gonna have to wait. Time to eat."

Both Garou rocketed off after Zas, who's hunger for food had finally bested their hunger for information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

True Love . . .?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Love . . .?    True Love . . .?  Empty

Back to top Go down

True Love . . .?
Page 1 of 1