|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

True Believers?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015, 20:25

Shortly after the meeting at the New Zion tabernacle, Zoe pulled Eaton away from the pack and the townsfolk. Her voice was urgent but soft, not wanting to be overheard.

"Do you seriously believe these people are legit or are you just playing along to keep them talking?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015, 21:22

Eaton let out a playful 'tsk" before he replied, "You considerin' that I wanna stay with these folks and forget everythin' I know of spirits and such? I guess the charades workin' better than I thought."

Taking a more serious tone, he then says, "Though somethin' about Whitmeyer seemed to ruffle yer feathers. You even turned down a free meal! Ya sense somethin' I didn't?"
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015, 23:49

Zoe glared at Eaton for a moment, frustrated she had been duped by the Galliard, before responding to his question.

"This whole place makes me uncomfortable.  These people are wholeheartedly following a guy who is following some so-called angels who gave them a creepy, some-assembly-required tabernacle and other bizarre mystical relics. None of this lines up with the way God did it in the past. Even Moses had to gather supplies to craft the actual tabernacle. God didn't just leave a pile of stuff for them.  Same thing with any biblical relics - the ark, the grail, the tablets on which the original law was written - those were all normal earthly things until God interacted with them."

She shook her head. "These Meroni are definitely spirits of some kind, and Wyrm or not, they want something from these people. Even the most generous spirits still require chiminage for their gifts. I'm worried about what the spirits want from these people."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015, 23:59

"Hey, I think there's somethin' strange goin' on here, too. But I didn't wanna show that." He gives a knowing stare at Zoe before he continued, "This is probably more frustraitin' for you, knowin' far more than I that the spirits ain't often that generous. Thing is, Whitmeyer is too set'n his ways to be called out by the likes of us. From what'e said, I don't think it's too polite to scoff at his lifes work."

"Then again," He said, raising his eyebrows, "Maybe the spirit's payment is bein' paid by them. Look at all the attention they're gettin'."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 05:44

Zoe crossed her arms. "I wasn't scoffing at his life's work. I was merely asking questions and trying to understand what all the fuss was about and I felt like everyone in town was being intentionally vague with us."

She sighed as she looked back toward the town full of happy converts. "I think they, including Whitmeyer, really do believe that all of this is from God and that's what scares me for them. One day, hopefully soon if we do our job right, they're going to see that the forces they worship are not who they claim to be. I don't want to prove that out of spite, but out of genuine concern for these people, Eaton. My anger and frustration is not so much with them as it is with the spirits who are deceiving them."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 12:49

Eaton gave an uneasy frown, "Doin' our job right is provin' their God has clay feet? Even if we did claim that we actually saved 'em, they still wouldn't accept that; faith doesn't work that way. We might get a chance to prove it, but bein' interestin' in bein' friendly will let us get closer. Again, I don't think these folks know the truth; it's just best to play along. Tryin' to raise a redflag is only gonna come across as hostile. 'specially cause it sounded like they gotta lot of flack what what they've believed back east."

He then smiled, "Plus, I don't wanna get run out before at least seein' those implements. They sound facinatin'."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 13:12

Zoe gave Eaton a confused look. "You mean to tell me that if we find out they're worshiping spirits completely unrelated to the God they believe they serve we should keep it to ourselves? Wouldn't you want to know if you were believing in a lie?"

She held up her hands in defense. "Look. I'm sorry if I came across as rude. I'll do my best to play nice until we find out what's really going on here, but that's not going to keep me from asking questions. If they truly believe this stuff, then they should have no issues defending it."

She narrowed her eyes at Eaton again. "Those implements sound dangerous, Eaton. I don't want you guys going near them without me around. The telegraph machine in Zavala communicated with spirits and was extremely dangerous. I don't like the idea of devices that allow humans to commune with spirits. The Bible shows God talking to His people through His prophets and directly, not through some mystical tablets. Moses inscribed the tablets in the Bible and they were permanent, not ever-changing."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 15:04

Eaton returned Zoe's confusion.

"Why do you care what these folks believe? Is it harmin' them? We have yet to see that. We do know somethin' happens to those who leave. We have a greater understandin' of what's going on than they do, but how exactly are ya gonna tell them the truth? If worshippin' their God keeps them in line, gives them happiness, then I say let 'em."

He let out a small laugh and shook his head, "Why are you holdin' the bible in such high esteem? From what I can tell, all it's talk of angels and demons and such were their way of understand the spirit world and other wonderous stuff. We know from our own tales that the gauntlet was next to nothin' in those days. That might be why there were more recorded instances of speakin' in tongues and miracles. If spirit's could walk to and fro, than some mighta come off as benevolent, otherwordly creatures they couldn't fully understand."

His entire demeanor uneasy, he continued, "Ya may not like it that you know they're in the wrong- but what are ya gonna do, teach of the Trait? Lead 'em to the Earth Goddess? Right now, doubting their faith is only going to cause a ruckus. And even if they are bein' deceived . . . this might just not be our battle."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptySat 18 Apr 2015, 08:22

Zoe glared at the Galliard. "It is hurting them! They've been run out of town twice so far due to the attention these spirits are giving them. They believe they're following their God, but they just aren't. You ask why I hold the Bible in such high esteem. It's hard to shake your upbringing, Eaton. Whoever raised me when my parents couldn't sent me to school where I learned the Bible."

She cocked her head to the side. "Seems strange though. I remember growing up in Galveston, but I wasn't raised by Garou as far as I can remember. I do remember the Get in Galveston sending Rends after me, so apparently I wasn't with them then. And why would Garou send me somewhere to learn a religion other than that of Gaia?"

She shook her head. "Either way, I still think the Bible and our Garou lore concerning Gaia could be compatible and am not willing to throw it out. If they believe they're servinf that God and they're not, I need to know. As Theurge it's my responsibility to understand what's going on here spiritually. I won't teach them of the Triat because that isn't for them, but I will expose their angels as false gods if that's what we find them to be. I have to show them the truth whether they accept it or not."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptySat 18 Apr 2015, 16:44

Eaton returned her glare, "I don't remember findin' out any connection that the 'angels' made those folks disappear. Sounds like they left on the own accord- and without protection, ill befell 'em. I'm hopin' that's not the case and Sikle and everyone is all right, but I ain't about to accuse anyone till we find more on this."

He paused for a second, still holding his expression, "How are you so sure that they ain't followin' the bible's God? If those were spirit's appearin' to them and teachin' em stuff, how if that any different than what went on in the past? He totally spoke to his prophets directly- I named my kid after one of 'em! And they're plenty of stores of angel's appearin' to the faithful and still managin' to scare the crap out of them. I can't see nothin' yet that proves they're evil."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptySat 18 Apr 2015, 17:15

"I don't mean the spirits made people disappear. I mean that because of these spirits the group as a whole was run out of two different towns and they faced destruction of their property and persecution because they believe in and follow these spirits. But hey, that's how it happened in the Bible, too. They were persecuted and run out of town for following Jesus."

"I'm not saying I have enough proof to call it evil...yet, but I am suspicious and it feels uncomfortable to be around all this. Once we can investigate in the Umbra we'll hopefully know more."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? EmptySat 18 Apr 2015, 17:56

Eaton's eyes turn from frustrated to empathetic, "If they did get persecuted, it ain't these spirits fault. Gettin' crap over what you belief, what ya do, or even your skin color ain't your fault; it's the assholes given' ya grief. That might be why you're more suspicious than I am; I dunno if you've ever been treated worse just cause you ain't completely white."

He looked to their right as he said, "I dunno about you, but I think the goin' on's out west are more concerin' that what these folks are doing. If these people are bein' led to committin' no good . . . than these spirits tactics are confusin'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

True Believers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Believers?   True Believers? Empty

Back to top Go down

True Believers?
Page 1 of 1