|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What have we learned?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

What have we learned? Empty
PostSubject: What have we learned?   What have we learned? EmptyThu 11 Oct 2018, 17:54

As the pack along with Tallah made their way back to the waterfall Eiger slowed his pace and motioned for Eaton to accompany him. Once Eaton matched his stride he began to speak.

“What you learned from that spirit in the ancestral homeland... do you feel it brought you closer to Uktena?”
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: What have we learned?   What have we learned? EmptyThu 11 Oct 2018, 22:33

Eaton raised a brow at Eiger, “Ya mean that deal with Sekhmet Ur? It wasn’t really bolt of enlightenment or anythin’ like that- just taught me a slight trick how’ta make a quick change to the umbra in some of way on the fly. But as to makin’ me feel closer to Uktena . . .”

He frowned, “I ain’t some cub who can’t recognize danger. Both Zas and Rends thought I was tryin’ to coddle the damn thing. What I was doin’ was trying to learn somethin’ from it before we blew it to smithereens.”

He let out a irritated huff, “How many times have Garou passed on the chance to learn about an enemy? if the wyrm has endless faces, then I say that we gotta learn to adapt, too. I think the pure get that, but the Nation doesn’t.”

He crossed his arms, “so, I’m startin’ to experience that part of being Uktena.”
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: What have we learned?   What have we learned? EmptyFri 12 Oct 2018, 10:22

He sighed.

“Yeah... it seems to be a pretty divisive matter.”

He paused.

“This may be foolish of me to say so... and if it is I do apologize because I have not had any interaction with Uktena before. Are you certain you are learning from the Wyrm spirits in the same manner the Uktena do? From what I saw you treated Sekhmet-Ur as a normal Gaian spirit and provided it with gnosis which in turn empowered it. I find it hard to believe that a tribe of Garou can empower Wyrm spirits and not fall as the White Howlers did.”

He looked Eaton in the eyes before continuing.

“However, I do not believe the Uktena to be fallen so I think there must be another way they learn. Perhaps they torture the spirits, trick the spirits, put it to sleep and walk in its dream perhaps... I just can’t help but think there is a missing piece we don’t know.”

He looked to the ground.

“There is a good chance I may be wrong, that missing piece may just be me hoping for something that doesn’t exist. But if your pack can’t fully accept what you are doing... I fear the pure will fare far worse in the eyes of the Nation.”

Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: What have we learned?   What have we learned? EmptyFri 12 Oct 2018, 16:48

Eaton allowed a best before he said ,“Honestly, no, I ain’t sure exactly what they do.”

“What I do know is that Uktena are able to bind wyrm spirits. Not like fetishes though- they just put somewhere the spirits can’t harm nothin’. But I’m guessin’ once they do that, they’re able to learn the spirits tricks- weaknesses, strengths, maybe even gifts.”

He gave Eiger a determined frown, “So I’m not claimin’ to be an expert on handlin’ these fallen creeps, but I want to try. Is what I’m doin’ really more dangerous than trying to lock jaws with it, anyhow? Any interaction with the wyrm is gonna be a risk.”
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: What have we learned?   What have we learned? EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018, 19:25

Eiger nodded.

“You are correct. Any interaction with the Wyrm is going to be a risk. However, there are actions that can be taken to make the situations riskier, such as empowering them. I think that binding the spirits is a better place to start. It is important to not only focus on what the Uktena do, but also how they do it and why they do it.”

Eiger put a hand on Eaton’s shoulder and smiled.

“You aren’t alone. I want to help you. I am sure Zas, Zoe, and Rends feel the same. Perhaps there is an Uktena spirit that Zoe can summon who could teach you a thing or two. Or maybe when we get back to our time I can travel with you to any Uktena allies you may have who may be willing to help.”
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: What have we learned?   What have we learned? EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018, 20:38

Eaton raised an eyebrow, "I appreciate yer understandin', but I don't know if the other three are so eager."

"Even Zas is thinkin' more like the Nation, that somethin' of the wyrm gotta just be snuffed out. Treatin' ya there's somthin' wrong with ya if ha hesitate for even a second. And I dunno if callin' a spirit of the hornen serpant is that easy as I'd need to show it why I'd be worthy of its secrets. I was hopin' to get some uh, worthyness from learnin' secrets from our enemies. "

At the mention of returning to their own time, Eaton gave an inquisitive look, "And about goin' back- have you been wonderin' how that's gonna work? Even if we manage to make it so we didn't kill our great grandad, wouldn't there still be two of us in the future? And if they're aint, then those we did know wouldn't know us. We'd be strangers in our own time just as we are, now."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: What have we learned?   What have we learned? EmptySat 20 Oct 2018, 13:55

Eiger shrugged.

“I hadn’t put too much thought in it besides just trying to make sure to only mess with what is necessary for the mission.”

He smirked.

“If works as you say though I suppose it will put us all on equal ground. You 4 are the only people I truly know on this side of the world so I’m used to being a stranger. Although I would enjoy the company for your sakes I hope you may be incorrect.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have we learned?   What have we learned? Empty

Back to top Go down

What have we learned?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: