|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Care For a Drink

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptyWed 04 Apr 2018, 17:52

On the second night of The Prodigals journey as camp was made yet again Eiger called over the Galliard as he pulled out a bottle of booze and sat on the ground. He opened the bottle and took a swig before offering it to his new packmate.

“A musician must always be paid. Sometimes we have to decide our payment for ourselves. Such is the case for this bottle.”

He laughed.

“What can I help you out with Leper Friend?”

He paused and patted his bag which held the silver mask.

“This is more than just a delivery mission for you. I can tell, so being that we are packmates now I should like to do my part in easing your burden.”

Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptyWed 04 Apr 2018, 19:41

Eaton sat in front of the Ragabash, an inquisitive look spreading across his face before he said with a small smile, "If even you are noticin' I haven't been feelin' all like myself, there really ain't a reason to keep it to myself, is there?"  

He took the bottle from Eiger and took a large swig. He swished the liquor in his mouth pensively for a moment, taking a large gulp before he replied, "Illyana said that living' alongside these folks was a fate that I avoided. Just from what she said, what we're headin' into isn't the least bit pleasant.   I can't help but be worried about what we're gonna find up there."

He let out a low huff, "All this time, I thought the Uktena were just misunderstood, just a different way of fightin' the wyrm the greater nation didn't understand. After all that happened with the Phoenix, what we saw in the singin' caves with the fallen Garou, the fact that they just throw their half-breeds like their junk . . ."

He looked up at Eiger, "What the I thought the Uktena were might just be what I wanted them to be. And we're gonna find out in just a few days. I'm . . . just prepping myself for that possibility."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptyWed 04 Apr 2018, 21:30

Eiger nodded in silence as the Gnawer spoke.

“My tribe... the history that we pass on, that we keep in our hearts, did not prepare me for what I have happened upon here, in Texas.”

He sighed.

“I didn’t expect to find my tribe living amicably with the Silver Fangs. I didn’t expect to find capable Iron Riders. These stories... the expectations that they give don’t hold a candle to what we come across in real life. Every story, every truth you have heard has a bias behind it, but you can’t let that bias cloud your own thinking and feelings.”

He put a hand on Eaton’s shoulder.

“Don’t judge who the Uktena are until they themselves show you. When you meet them they may be the worst sons of bitches you ever did meet. If that happens you will find the strength to deal with it, but for now use that strength to hold out.”

He sighs.

“These half breeds are probably going to reject us like the Uktena have rejected them. We are accepted in Garou society where they have been cast aside. It’s not going to be easy to hold your ground. It will be easy for Illyana to say “I told you so”, but every story has 2 sides. The Uktena may have a good reason to reject half breeds. Maybe half breeds aren’t strong enough to endure being an Uktena. Perhaps the Uktena think casting them aside is a mercy.”

Eiger trailed off and sat in silence before turning to his packmate and giving him a reassuring smile.

“Until we hear from the Uktena themselves, try to keep your chin up.”
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptyThu 05 Apr 2018, 17:34

Eaton nodded as the Eiger replied to his concern. He then said,
"I've been tryin' to tell myself that but . . . the stories come from somewhere, ya know? While I can keep hopein' that they're just misunderstood and is ain't their way to just stroll up and announce themselves to the nation, that fear I got still is tough to quelch."

He shrugged, "I guess wither way, I'm feelin' intimidated. Even if they aren't wyrm corrupted and perfectly willin' to get to know us, then I'll find out the answer as to why I wasn't with 'em this whole time. I don't think I can be prepared for that reveal no matter what it is."  

He winced when Fae suggested when he brings up the half breeds, "What good reason would they have to just throw 'em away? They're just as able bodied as anyone! The Uktena can't be just prejudiced against them . . . can they?"

He rubbed his head, "But that's just what I said earlier, while how hateful and cruel natives say the white man is, I don't want them to just be the other side of the same coin."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptyFri 06 Apr 2018, 01:03

Eiger grabbed the bottle and took another swig for himself.

“I know it isn’t easy. That’s why I want to help you any way I can.”

He shrugged.

“As for why the Uktena cast aside the half breeds... I can only guess. Only the Uktena will be able to tell you, or maybe this Final Legend character has some understanding since he is watching over them. Wanting a tribe to remain pure though... that is fairly common for our kind, at least over seas when it comes to the Shadow Lords and Silver Fangs especially.”

He looked at his packmate quizzically.

“I think you know why you weren’t with them this whole time. Gaia saw a need for you as a Bone Gnawer. Not to say she isn’t guiding you to the Uktena now, but they must have had a need for your talents.”

He sighed.

“I get it. I’m a half breed too. My mother was a Get, father was Fianna kin. My mother always talked about what a fine Get I would be... until I became a Fianna. Now I may reach a point where I feel like I made the wrong choice and may seek a way to be a Get. I can’t say with one hundred percent certainty that won’t happen. But I do know that who I am is not defined by what tribe I am. My successes, my failures, my memories, my personality. All of that will come with me. All that will change is how I serve Gaia.”

He paused.

“You don’t have to answer this if you don’t want to... but are you just not happy being a Bone Gnawer any more? What do you think will change if you are accepted as an Uktena? What do you want to change?”
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptySat 07 Apr 2018, 10:55

Eaton gave a small laugh,  "Of course not it's just . . . well, maybe? Yes? I don't know . . ."

He sighed and said, "That ain't true, I do know. The answer is there was always a bit of resentment joinin' 'em. Sure they helped me out after my first change and taught how to be a Garou but . . . I've lately, okay, more for the past few years felt like I took an easy way out settlin' with them."

He rolled his eyes, "I'm sure the Get woulda just laughed if I tried to join them, and the Silver Fangs are still a bit curt with me even after everything I've done for 'em. But the point is I just got the Gnawer's perspective, thought it sounded okay, and just went with it. As for what I'd wanna change . . ."

His eyes seem to glimmer with a hint of excitement, "That I'd at least be respected by someone that ain't a member of this pack. Sure, the Uktena might not get points with the nation as a whole, but among them I might not just get blown off like I'm a nobody."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptySun 08 Apr 2018, 21:15

Eiger’s eyes widen a little at Eaton’s response.

“Oh, I see. That changes things. If I am interpreting correctly you never wanted to be a Bone Gnawer, but you didn’t know any other tribe who may accept you. So you feel like you settled and aren’t doing the best in your service to Gaia that you could be as an Uktena. Is that correct?”

He then frowned a little as he stared at the ground.

“The other side of that coin is to say you feel you are too good for the Bone Gnawers. Even though you are the best of the best, one of Rat’s Teeth, the respect that you feel your deeds have earned you is being smudged by the fact you are a Bone Gnawer.”

He took another swig and stared at Eaton intently.

“Respect, acceptance, recognition... these aren’t bad things to want, and I would imagine you aren’t the first Bone Gnawer to want those things. Yet, the Bone Gnawer tribe still exists. Something exists within the Bone Gnawer tribe that holds more weight than those things. I think you should talk to some of your Bone Gnawer friends, perhaps an elder. Figure out what that thing is that is most important to the Bone Gnawers. When you find the answer hold it up to your life and see what value it holds for you. That would be the best way to determine if you were meant to be a Bone Gnawer, or if Gaia brought you there as a stepping stone and if it is time to move forge ahead on a new path.”

He smiled.

“Just remember you don’t have to do it alone. I haven’t met a Bone Gnawer besides yourself... but from what I have seen your tribe stands to deserve more respect then the stories tell. Perhaps even if you stay a Bone Gnawer you can not only find a way to gain respect, but change how others view Bone Gnawer’s as a whole.”
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptyMon 09 Apr 2018, 20:08

Eaton gave a disapproving glance and opened his mouth to reply, but the words caught in the back of his throat. He thought hard on what the Ragabash said, before he replied, "Look, It ain't that I think I'm too good for a bein' one of Rat's brood. It's that before even attempin' somethin' I'm treated like garbage." He folded his arms , "I got plenty of that growin' up for not bein' completely white, and I'm comin' to realize I unknown'ly signed up for it all over again after my first change."

He actually looked eastward for a moment, before turning back to Eiger, "Ya said that maybe I should try and figure out what bein' Gnawer is all about. But I know what it is: it's about helpin' and carin' for those that others tread upon, protectin' folks who are neglected or ignored. Stickin' up for 'em when no one else does, even if it ain't the easiest to do. People who the other Garou think are useless or ain't worth their effort."

His demeanor turns more resolved as he said, " I still believe in doin' all that, but I don't think I gotta be a Bone Gnawer who gets blown off the second I open my mouth."

He winced, "And maybe that's why I'm so unsettled about what were gonna find- I'm gonna find that same prejudice I want to get away from, just flipped around."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018, 05:43

Eiger nodded.

“You make a good point, you don’t have to be a Bone Gnawer to fight for those who can’t.”

He paused.

“There is not a tribe among us free of prejudice. For example, although my tribe is known for hospitality but we have a horrible track record when it comes to our treatment of Metis. My point is prejudice is not something you can run from, sooner or later it will make itself apparent.”

He sighed.

“There is also a possibility that even if you change tribes you won’t be treated with the respect you want simply due to the fact you changed tribes. Some Garou will see it as disloyal, others may praise you for it and praise you for moving on up.”

He patted Eaton on the back.

“So in the mean time, let’s see what is happening with this Final Legend fellow and these castaways. Figure out what we can from them and move forward from there. The rest of the nation may be too blind to see it, but you are a damn good Garou.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Care For a Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Care For a Drink   Care For a Drink Empty

Back to top Go down

Care For a Drink
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: