|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!! Empty
PostSubject: What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!!   What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!! EmptyWed 04 Apr 2018, 17:44

On the first night of their journey to the Final Legend after making camp and determine there was no funny business afoot Eiger took his new fetish out under the stars to bask in the moonlight. He held it in his bare hands fighting back the chills as best he could as he began to commune with the Lune inside.

“Greetings. I’m the Fianna known as Fae Carver. I came in possession of you by means of a reward from the Crow King. If you don’t mind me asking, what is your proper name? I wish to learn so that we may be in harmony serving Gaia.”
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!!   What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!! EmptyMon 09 Apr 2018, 12:02

At first there was no response, just the scent of grass smoke drifting over the plains from a distant prairie fire. The Ragabash relaxed for just a moment, and that was enough.

Fleeting images flashed into Fae Carver's mind. A garden, wild and sprawling, filled with pale light and dancing figures. Whirling and gyrating in silent, frenzied patterns, their naked limbs radiant and glowing blurs of motion. Thrumming music and the heady unbidden scent of old wine spike the senses.

A desolate stony plain covered with pits and shadowed valleys, and overhead hangs a black sky, burning cold. Dust rises in the airless void as beasts race silently across the steppe; these creatures are not wolves or reptiles or sharks but something contained within their alien movements suggests kinship to each and all.  

A pale woman, her eyes like ancient ice and her smile nothing more than a fey twitch, sits in an open terraced palace of alabaster, nephrite and feldspar. A rabbit made of cunningly crafted jade rests in her hands. The rabbit lifts its head to sniff the empty perfumed air, and she pets it absently, gazing out her window at a distant, storm-wracked globe.    

Fey Carver feels a twinge of cool pain, like a long-healed bite wound in winter time, as the thing speaks:

"yOu TeLl mE my NamE, neW mOon. wHAt am I?"
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!!   What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!! EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018, 05:00

Fae Carver took in as much of the visions as he could trying to pull at least one significant detail out of each. He was silent for a few moments trying to put the pieces together as best he could. Dancing, lightless black sky, a different changing breed, looking at the globe from afar, cold. As he opened his mouth to respond back to the spirit if he had opened his eyes he would have seen his breath.

“You are a Lune spirit. As for your name... there was dancing, a celebration perhaps, a moonless sky, it was cold. Perhaps Frigid Dancing Eclipse, or Winter Solstice Eclipse.”

He paused again.

“You weren’t among wolves.”
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!!   What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!! EmptySat 14 Apr 2018, 22:22

"FrIGId DaNcIng eClipSE? DaNcEr? aM I a daNCeR?"

"A hUrtLInG mAeNade?"

"yOU woULd neVeR CouNT mE aMOnG tHE iVorY cLAwEd huNtErs..."

"NoR PlAy thE rOle of A JaDe coMPaniOn?"

The night night is still and quiet, but to Fae Carver the voice of the spirit fills his mind, its words rising and falls like jagged rocks scratching glass.
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!!   What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!! EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018, 10:11

Fae sighed.

“My apologies if I offended you Lune. I was guessing based off the images that I saw.”

He stares at the spirit.

“If you are willing I would count you among my allies though I am ivory clawed... if not perhaps I could free you or return you from where you came.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!!   What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

What’s cooler than being cool? Ice Spear!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: