|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!    Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!  EmptySun 11 Mar 2018, 00:09

As Fae and the Prodigals tarried among their way back to the Eagle’s Pass with Dragon skin in hand and knowledge of a new caern under their control his mind drifted to the piece of paper that The Laughing Stranger has handed him. He slowed his stride enough to pull out the deed without being scrutinized by the others and stared at the name printed on there belonging to The Prodigal’s former packmate. The Laughing Stranger’s words played in his mind once more “If you are good at forgery, maybe you could alter it a smidge.” He smiled at the idea but quickly sighed.

He had never needed a pack before, so what had changed? Why did he want to be apart of something greater alongside them? Was it no longer enough to serve Gaia and Cernunnos alone? Was he really going to sacrifice his life across the seas to help Coyote and this motley crew save the world? He shook his head to clear his mind and decided the best thing he could do would be bring this deed to the attention of the Prodigals.

He cleared his throat as he quickened his pace to approach the pack once more, holding the deed outstretched in his hand toward them.

“Look, the Laughing Stranger handed me this deed when we were back at the caern, and told me I could change it if I wanted too... but the fact of the matter is it belonged to Kefka. He was apart of your pack and his ancestors have history here... not mine. Therefore, I only think it’s fair if you guys decide what to do with it. You can rip it up and divide the land in quarters amongst yourselves, maybe set it aside for his kids... or if you would be willing I’ll set up home right beside you and fight for Gaia until I take my last breath.”

He paused and looked down.

“I know you recently lost a packmate and I have never been in a pack before, so if now is not the right time... well I’ll just have to wait until that time arrives. You all have shown me what true companionship is in serving Gaia and well I’d give my life for any one of you. I don’t know how you did it... but for the first time in my life, I want to be apart of something bigger than just myself. Together you as a pack have achieved more than I could ever dream of doing alone. I would just like the chance to stand beside each of you and be apart of that something greater.”

Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!    Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!  EmptySun 11 Mar 2018, 00:32

Eaton glanced at the deed only a second before he said with a grin, "Hey, if ya wanna be in the pack, you can just say so without bein' so dramatic. Though I guess I should expect that from a son a' Stag."

His tone turned more serious as he continued, "I remember the Stranger saying' just a bit ago that he gave out these deeds to those who have a connection to this land. Ya might have one, even if it ain't so obvious yet. He still gave ya the deed, didn't he?"

He put a hand on Eiger's shoulder and said, "I for one would be glad to call ya one of the Prodigals. The Prodigals minus Mocks the Night plus Fae Carver don't quite roll off the tongue."
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!    Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!  EmptySun 11 Mar 2018, 17:21

Rends nods along with Eaton.

"I reckon you'll fit in jest fine. Granted this little trip's been pretty easy so far as our usual work goes, but I reckon if Zas ain't scared you off yet you'll do jest fine."

His eyes drift down to the rumpled and stained contract. Pain flashes through him for just a moment.

"I used to think of the man who held that last like a brother. Hell, I probably knew him better'n my actual brothers."

He looks Carver in the eye, solemn.

"You should know that I'll never allow one of my pack to fall to the Wyrm again. I'll kill you before I let that happen, and I expect the same from you and everyone else, but me and Zoe swore an oath. The Wyrm gets nothing from the Prodigals again. Ever. Better to die than live with the shame of lettin' y'all down. I don't expect you to swear any oaths like that, but you should know before you's in too deep what you's gettin' into and what it entails."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!    Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!  EmptySun 11 Mar 2018, 21:22

Zoe stood silently with her arms crossed, her face unreadable as her brothers offered their hearty affirmations.  

When they turned their eyes to her, Zoe fished out her carefully folded deed and studied it solemnly.  

"Before I received this deed, I didn't even know my full name.  I had been called Raven because I had dark hair and was good at stealing things.  Then O'Toole told me that my necklace said 'Zoe,' but I knew nothing more than that."

"Receiving this deed sent me on the wildest adventures with the craziest allies into the strangest of places against the most bizarre foes. It also lead to futher discovery of my past, my parents, and who I am destined to become."

Zoe turned to the Stranger, who was leaning on a nearby tree smoking a coffin nail.

"The only person I have a tighter connection with than this pack is him.  He's been with me longer than any of these fools." She says that last word with a wink.

She folded up her deed, carefully placing it back into her coat pocket.

"If the Stranger and Coyote and my brothers deem you worthy of becoming a Prodigal, who am I to disagree?"

Her face grew deathly serious.

"But like Rends said, if you so much as think about falling to the Wyrm, he and I will tear you up so fast you won't know what hit you."

Then she grinned.  

"Welcome to the pack!"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!    Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!  EmptySun 11 Mar 2018, 21:37

Zas gave a nod to Rends and Eaton as they spoke, but felt his interests draw towards Zoe as she had been the most reluctant to work with the new comer.

After she spoke, the philodox grinned at Fae Carver,
"Well...you won't get any arguments from me. I've learned my lesson about trying to disagree with her once she sets her mind on something."

He laughs, "So it looks like you are stuck with us."

"I think the rest is up to the Stranger to make it official."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!    Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!  EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018, 19:47

Eiger smiles and nodded.

“Thank you all for accepting me. It truly means the world.”

He paused and focused on Rends and Zoe.

“You do not have to worry about me falling to the Wyrm. As a Fianna we take it personally when someone we know falls. The White Howlers were closest to my tribe when they fell... we should have noticed what was going on.”

He smiled.

“So let me assure you that I will hold all of you to the same standards that you will hold me.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!    Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Deed, Deed, DEED!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: