|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Alpha Determination Summarization

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Alpha Determination Summarization Empty
PostSubject: The Alpha Determination Summarization   The Alpha Determination Summarization EmptyThu 06 Apr 2017, 16:06

After the pack set out on the trail to Galveston, the philodox had decided that a conversation needed to be had. The time came to be as the pack settled in.

With a look to all present, just lingering a touch longer on Kefka, he began.
"We're here. No wyrm in the immediate vicinity. Bone gnawers are as pacified as we are capable of helping to remedy."

He clears his throat, "I have stated my willingness to lead as Alpha, but I know not everyone is entirely for having another alpha. That said, I'd like to try and explain how me being alpha would be different."

He pauses, "I do not think having a single overall alpha is needed or entirely helpful. This is the white mans way. The 'injun' way is what I suggest now. The tribes all have many chiefs. Every chief has proven themselves. But when a council is called-all the chiefs join together. All have equal say. The leader is chosen based on the needs of the tribe at that time. As the needs change-so does the person leading."

He looks around, "I think our pack could be made strong by also doing this. We have no single alpha, each of us is alpha. We each act according to our strengths taking lead based on the situation."

He looks around-"For example-I would consider myself a peacekeeper-white chief. It makes sense for me to lead when we are forging a treaty or truce or befriending new people. But I am not as talented at combat as our ahroun- or Red Chief. When we fight then-I would defer to his strength. Each of us has strengths. Those best fit for a given situation would lead. Very similar to what we started out doing, but I would add something.

In my culture-we have a medicine man. In times of tension, when the chiefs are tied on a decision and cannot be swayed, the medicine man is the tie breaker. Given our packs tendency to be in tense split pack decisions, I think Zoe would be a great medicine chief. "

He sighs, "These are my suggestions. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Determination Summarization   The Alpha Determination Summarization EmptyThu 06 Apr 2017, 20:23

Eaton listed to the Philodox's proposal, scratching at chin as he said, "So yer plan for bein' Alpha is to . . . not be Alpha? Cause that doesn't sound like you bein' in charge at all- outside of suggestin' who the medicine tie breakin' one is."

He shrugged, "That sounds like a plan to me. And maybe it is time to have at it again."

He looked around to everyone, "As much as we flog ourselves over Zavala, think of times like wrestlin' with Akna or takin' down Cordova. We didn't need an Alpha then, and heck, we mighta not 'ave needed one all along."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Determination Summarization   The Alpha Determination Summarization EmptyThu 06 Apr 2017, 20:29

Zoe plopped to the ground, mentally and emotionally weary from the recent events. The deaths of the kinfolk still weighed heavily on her mind, despite their recent punishment. Also, the fierceness with which she and her pack mates debated the appropriate choice of punishment for themselves surprised her. She hated to see her pack at odds with one another.

When Zas began to speak, the Theuge sighed heavily and rolled her eyes.

I am so not ready to have this conversation. I still don't understand why Kefka stepped down.

As Zas spoke, however, Zoe found herself nodding and mostly agreeing with his proposal, but when he made his final suggestion, her eyes widened in surprise.

"Me? Why me? I agree that our pack could benefit from a different form of governance for the time being at least. I just don't understand why you would want me to be the one to break the ties."

Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Determination Summarization   The Alpha Determination Summarization EmptyFri 07 Apr 2017, 10:15

Rends puffed quietly on his pipe for a time, listening. He'd been quiet for most of the day, taking on scouting duty.

He blew smoke out through his nose, turning to Zoe.

"He means to take things back to the way they was. In the beginning. When we listened to each other and deferred to each other instead of jest barreling ahead with whatever comes to mind first."

Rends turns to Zas, nodding.

"I reckon that's the right way. We's had too much instability lately, and some of that blame has to fall on me, but I think none of us is fit right now to call all the shots. So we share the load. Help each other carry it and put our strength where it's most needed when it's needed. Like we used to."

He smiles sadly before turning away and reshuffling the pipe.

Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Determination Summarization   The Alpha Determination Summarization EmptySun 09 Apr 2017, 01:52

Mocks let the others talk before speaking.

"I think it's the right thing to do. It's why I brought it up before fightin' the ravager. I realize now I brought it up at a bad time, but this is the what I hoped we would come to agree on."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Determination Summarization   The Alpha Determination Summarization EmptySun 09 Apr 2017, 02:25

The philodox looking around nods once and says, "If we all agree, then this is how we can proceed."

Zas turns to face the theurge, "In answer to your question-there are several reasons, but they all resolve around balance. You are very nearly the complete opposite of myself; as philodox I can appreciate the idea of you being a counter balance. But more than that, I believe you are the one who tends to have both the most open mind as well as the best control on the fires of rage that burn in our hearts. These are both things needed to make reasoned choices."

The apache continued, "There's also something to be said for the fact that you do not seem to crave power or seek to lead. This by itself is an important trait for a medicine man."

He looks to the rest of the pack, before again looking at Zoe. "Each of us has duties to fulfill-our concerns are primarily on the earthly side of things, but your focus is primarily on protecting and guiding us in our dealings with spirits. You therefore bring an outside source of wisdom. "

He nods once, "Our choice to not have a single leader makes us much harder to predict by our enemies; but our organized chaos must be directed at our enemies, not ourselves. I think you see this clearly."

He adds, "I think this is something we need to survive. Zavala left us with scars. I don't want us to suffer the same fate twice.
But If you are worried about this making you the overall alpha or something-It will not. In the few times we need to make a majority decision though, you will be essential."

The Silent Strider pauses, "So what do you say Iron Rider? Care to be the first Medicine Woman?"
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Determination Summarization   The Alpha Determination Summarization EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017, 12:19

"The complete opposite of yourself? So, charming, beautiful, loved by all?"

The Theurge nodded approvingly.

"Go on..."

Zoe's playful tone faded as Zas mentioned Zavala. To this day she still shamed herself for allowing their fetishes to be taken by those witches.

"Our pack has often be able to come to a consensus on its own, perhaps that was because we had an alpha who would make the final say. On the rare occasions where I am forced to choose sides, I pray to Gaia that I will choose wisely and act in a way that honors her most of all."

She nodded once to Zas then met the eyes of each pack mate.

"Thank you, Zas, for bestowing this honor upon me. I will perform my duties as Medicine Woman as I continue to serve each one of you as Theurge and sister."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Determination Summarization   The Alpha Determination Summarization Empty

Back to top Go down

The Alpha Determination Summarization
Page 1 of 1