|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taking Charge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Taking Charge Empty
PostSubject: Taking Charge   Taking Charge EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 22:06

Mocks stood silent on the shore watching the rite be performed on his Alpha, his brother... His heart was heavy. The punishment was harsh, but Rends asked for it when he brought up Roaring Jack. He shook his head. Who knows. Maybe Robert had this punishment in mind beforehand. What could be done though. It was Robert's protectorate, and we did intervene in the worst possible way. As Rends howled to the moon, Mocks looked at ground shedding a silent tear. What are they to do now? How are they supposed to go West? How are we going to meet with O'Toole and restore Zoe's memory? Will they even be allowed to leave the Sept? What was just for Rends' pride? The faster the questions came, the angrier Mocks became. Mocks sat down to stew his thoughts and waited for Rends to return to the shore.

Once Rends returned to the shore and the other Get left, Mocks approached Rends slowly. His body posture stiff. His lips pursed. His green eyes cold, but shining brightly. The rage clearly evident behind them. When he reaches Rends he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. When he speaks the words come out slowly. There is anger behind them, but also pain. He clearly takes no pleasure in what he came to say.

"You just couldn't keep your God damned trap shut, could ya? Gaia forbid that for once you hold your tongue. Was that jab about Roaring Jack worth it? Do you think he would be proud of you for that? Would he be proud of you showing the war form to innocent bystanders without Wyrm taint?"

Mocks clenched his fists and brought them to his mouth. He took a deep breath and released it slowly as he lowered his hands and unclenched them.

"I just don't understand. What were you thinking shifting into Crinos like that? You saw how many of them there were. You know we can't wield the delirium as a weapon. I tried that in Zavala and almost died for it. Witches found a way to make mortals resist the delirium, it is possible the priest had his own method of achieving the same goal. Do you realize what would have happened if we actually killed all of them? This entire Sept would be in danger. 30 people can't go missing in one night without someone wanting answers. Hunters, Mages, those like we found in Washington on Brazos would have come. They would have known our kind was to blame for it."

He paused to close his eyes, and rubbed his temple with his left hand. When he opens his eyes the rage behind them has been replaced by pain, and regret.

"I realize I brought the mob upon us by grabbing the priest. I'm sorry. I panicked when he started speaking in a language I didn't recognize. It didn't have to be a fight though. You could have run after me. There are times when it is okay to run away. Knowing when to fight is just as important if not more important than knowing how to fight."

He paused and shook his head. When he speaks again his words are shaky.

"I'm sorry things happened like this Rends, I really am. For the time being until you get the wolf back...I'll be Alpha of The Prodigals. As Beta it is my duty to do so, and I hope I have your blessing to lead the pack in your stead."

Mocks swallows a lump in his throat as he pulls out his flask, and holds it out to Rends.

"I aim to do you proud... to be the best Alpha I can be. I ain't gonna drink a drop while I lead."
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

Taking Charge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Charge   Taking Charge EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 22:57

Rends wobbled drunkenly as he lurched out of the surf. Blood and salt water mixed and dripped off him, but he paid it no mind.

He felt... empty. For years now he'd always felt the steady hot pressure of Luna's Rage burning behind his eyes, giving him strength and comfort. Now there was nothing. A howling empty void. He felt slow, the world seemed dim around him. When Mocks confronted him there was a flash of anger then... nothing.

How'd it come to this? Am I really no better than Robert? Than Pa?

"I... I thought a Get was gettin' ambushed inside a Get protectorate. You can't run from that."

The words were hollow and Rends knew it. They rolled out of him on reflex, and the hollowness inside robbed the words of inflection. Rends knew the words were meaningless and it showed on his face. Then a little life returns to him and he locks eyes with the Shadow Lord.

"I don't have to make excuses to you. Bad enough I have my Tribe second guessing my every move, now my Beta's jumpin' on board? It don't matter what Roarin' Jack would think! He's DEAD! But you can bet if he'd made the decision to make a fight of it I'd have been right there beside him and not tuckin' tale instead!"

He didn't realize he'd started shouting.

"I done what I done and I won't apologize to Robert or anyone else! I acted as best I could given what I knew and what I saw! But fine! You think it's so easy callin' the shots, here's yer chance! I hope you choke on it!"

His hand shoots out and slaps the flask away roughly. It clangs against a rock some distance away. Rends holds Mocks' eyes for a long moment, breathing heavily. Then, just as suddenly as it had flashed to life, his temper peters out and he sags, breaking the gaze. He deflates, and the emptiness fills the place where he should have felt... something.

Maybe they're all better off without me...

"Jest... leave me alone. I ain't hardly even Garou right now. I'm sure you's got better things to do than waste time on me. Take care of the others. I jest... I got some thinkin' to do."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Taking Charge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Charge   Taking Charge EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 23:28

Mocks sighed.

"Dammit Rends. I know it ain't easy callin' the shots. I take no pleasure takin' the reins from ya. You know I like my shadows, and would prefer to stay in them. But I am going to do what I have to do to keep this pack together, and to keep this pack strong until you get the Wolf back. Knowing my luck I probably am going to choke, but I have to try and get something done. You'd kick our asses if we just laid around for a month, tails between our legs."

He put a hand on Rends' shoulder.

"You may have lost the wolf, but you are still my brother. Any time spent with you is not a waste. You are still my Alpha. I would still die for you...but until you get wolf back I need to fulfill my duty as Beta and lead."

He took his hand down and Looked Rends in the eyes.

"Listen. I ain't saying Robert is right. I don't like him any more than you do. I still think he is a dirty bastard and he'll get what he deserves in due time. But I recognize that we messed up...and I need you to buck up and do the same. This is his protectorate and no matter how much we don't like it, we have to respect that. What he says goes...until the time comes that we are prepared to take him on and serve justice for Jack. I know that you are a Get...and an Ahroun to boot. I know you don't like politics, and would rather match strength than words... but what is it going to cost you? What is it going to cost us? We can't go West. We can't see O'Toole. We can't go back to the White Ash. I have to find a way to get in Robert's good graces and get off his radar again."

He sighed. When he speaks again his words are hushed.

"Look. Just because you lost the Wolf, that doesn't mean you lost the fight. You still have Omega. Take this time. Learn all you can about Robert, this sept, watch his every move. Get the knowledge that you need, to take him down when the time comes."
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

Taking Charge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Charge   Taking Charge EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016, 23:50

Rends nods, heaving a heavy sigh.

"I get it, alright? I know I fucked up. And now I'm as good as useless, I know. I won't ask you to fix my mess for me, but keep Zoe and Eaton alive, alright?"

He pinches the bridge of his nose, scrunching up his face with a growl.

"I jest... I got some things to work out. This whole mess has me out of sorts. Bad enough Robert puttin' me on trial, but I'm havin' a harder and harder time convincin' myself I'd make a better Eldest."

He squeezes Mocks' shoulder before turning away.

"Gaia knows you'll be hard pressed to fuck up worse than me."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Taking Charge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Charge   Taking Charge EmptyFri 30 Sep 2016, 01:24

Mocks snorts as Rends turns to walk away.

"Gaia also knows that if anyone could fuck up worse...it would be me."

He forces a smile to swiftly fades.

"Keep an eye out for Barthos would ya? I want to maintain as much contact as we can...and keep an eye on Zas if at all possible...I honestly think he's worse off than you."

Rends made no response but continued along. Mocks stood watching him until he was out of sight. He shook his head and sighed. He looked up at the face of Luna and took time to bask in her light. After a couple minutes he withdrew The Kiss of Nepthys and examined her. He stabbed her in the ground and let go. He got on his knees, bowed before his sword, and began to whisper.

"Grandfather Thunder, Nepthys Lover to Storms, Thalia Witchblade, ShadowFang, Kharim Bloodsoaked, Grim Serenity, Fading Light, Sky of Dusk...mother. I need you all now more than ever. Please lend me your strength, your wisdom, your cunning. Share with me your failures and your successes that I may learn from both and make you proud. As Alpha I must not falter. I must show Gaia, Luna, my enemies, my allies, my pack, who I am. I am Kefka Goranov, Mocks the Night, Heir of Wood and Man, Empty Sky of Noble Blood, Scorned Son of Doom and Thunder, the Dark Moon of Ancient Prophecy...Beta no more."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taking Charge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Charge   Taking Charge Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking Charge
Page 1 of 1