|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hidden Mystery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015, 22:21

Zas led the pack on their journey east. The terrain was unfamiliar to the Silent Strider, and his conversation with the Iron Riders sept alpha weighed on his mind as did his interactions with the spirits, but the philodox was still for the moment at least content. All of his packmates were at peace with one another and also with him. The moment may be brief but it was pleasant.

Zas found his thoughts began to linger on the chiminage requirement set for him by the Owl spirit and pondered how he could fulfill it when his ears perked up at the sounds of the pack galliard letting out a string of curses directed at some pest that had been drawn to him and the solution seemed to present itself.

Zas dropped back to walk next to Eaton as he began speaking, "I hope you found the week in Nacogdoches productive. I'm sure Jana and Elijah were happy to have you home."

The two Garou take a few more steps before the Silent Strider speaks again, "When we initially arrived and I had mentioned taking the Chieftains body to the Uktena for a ritual, you had expressed some interest in attending. I hope you didn't take it personally that I made the journey alone. I am however curious as to why you wished to go? None of the rest of the pack seemed eager to attend and I am sure you missed your family on our travels. Things are still good between you and your loved ones right?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015, 22:53

Eaton smacked the fly out of the air before he straightened himself out and gave his full attention to Zas. "Oh, it was a busy week. I studied that other demon book with Zoe, got that sword dedicated, and learned some tricks from the spirits. And to think that's our downtime."

Continuing on, he added, "I didn't take it personally. I mean, you were closer to the chief than any of us. And from the sound of it, my presence mighta ruined the moment if they ain't friendly towards outsiders. It was your journey and I woulda just bogged it down."

He shrugged, "I was just curious is all. Barrin' our time with the skin-ripped Comanche, I haven't really gotten that much of a chance interactin' with the natives. And as an Indian agent, and well, half indian, I thought it would be for the best if I knew more 'bout their way of life outside of what my folks told me. But I ain't mad or nothin'. I'm sure I'll get plenty of chances in the future."

At the last question, Eaton said, "Is that about what Patience said? I guess I never told ya, yeah, it was a bunch of shit. I mean, ever since gettin' back from there, Jana and I . . ."

Realizing he was rambling, he stopped and waited for what Zas had to say.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015, 23:54

Zas nods at his friends response, and sighs as the Bone Gnawer brought up the Skin-Rippers but remains quiet. As the galliard stops speaking the Silent Strider looks to him and says, "The small witches did seem interested in torturing you most of all though I don't why. Their minds were warped by the wyrm-it stands to reason their tongues would be the same."

Zas rubs his chin as he says, "It's actually your upbringing that I'm trying to piece together. You have told me that both of your parents were kinfolk. You also told me that you were born part Comanche. I have not seen in my travels any Bone Gnawer Garou or kinfolk living among the Pure with the exception of Zadoc Trebeu...maybe he is alone in this but perhaps not. Do you know which of the tribes your family belonged?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 00:19

Eaton raised an eyebrow as Zas posed his question.

"Eh, I only really knew my parents were kin in hindsight- I'm Garou, aren't I? If they knew anythin' they didn't share it. Unless that same memory changin' stuff is chasin' me too, I think I'd remember my mamas stories of men sheddin' their skin and turnin' into wolves to go runnin' with spirits."

He let out a slow sigh and said, "I dunno what tribes could lay claim to 'em. I mean, I went with the Bone Gnawer's 'cause I didn't have any sort of Garou heritage. Heck, I never even heard of werewolves before my first change."

He did give a small smile, "Though, to be honest, I think it's kinda nice not havin' any sort of grand legacy to live up to, ya know? I'm free to do my own thing. Gaia willin', of course."

He looks to Zas curiously, "What brought this up, anyhow? Ya been wonderin' about it for awhile?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 00:54

Zas looks ahead at the road without saying anything for awhile before turning to face his friend and saying, "My mind wanders almost more than I travel. It's true. To answer your question though, I have been considering your ability to see visions and where it could come from ever since your and Kefka's children were born."

As the words settle in he continues, "The Silver Fang tribe, based on what little I know of them-seem to place great emphasis on heritage. I also know that the determination of whether a Garou is born or if the child is born kinfolk is also effected by the pairing of the parents to some extent. It is truly a blessing for two kinfolk parents to give birth to a Garou. I say all this to say heritage is a big deal to some people and it may play a role in finding the root of your visions."

He pauses, "On an unrelated note-do you still believe I am the right philodox for this pack?"

Zas gazes out back at the road briefly as he says, "My reason for asking is simple. Ever since Zavala I have been reflecting on my decisions and actions since joining the pack. I will be the first to tell you that there are some choices that I've made-that well, are best left out of the tales in moots. Dropping my guard in Zavala, not choosing to kill the black spiral Ford, and killing a man with a dog among them. I say this to say, I hope you still find me acceptable."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 14:20

Eaton listened intently before he said, "I dunno, I've met several Garou who were able to see beyond what's right in front of 'em. I was talkin' with Walks-with-Spiders and she said Garou born as wolves-bein' closer to Gaia and all- see waking dreams. Course, she went on to say that ain't always the case, they just got a runnin' start."

About his linage, Eaton replied, "I ain't sure who to ask 'bout that. If my folks new nothin' of the Garou, I can't exactly just look for 'em and get them to tell me, right? I don't know of any extended family, neither. My insights were a surprise to my folks, at any rate- so who knows?"

At his last question, the Galliard looks surprised, "I think everyone makes choices they don't like, Zas. Bein' judge is all about havin' to make calls others don't have to guts to make. Sure, ya might think of a better solution later but we can't go back and fix it- ya gotta just get back up and learn from it."

He smiled, "So 'course I think you're acceptable. We haven't run ya off yet, have we?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 15:53

Zas shakes his head in acknowledgement of the Galliards words. He considers the response Walks with Spiders had given and the mention of his lack of knowledge regarding his family before saying, "It would seem then that our pack shares family issues as another common trait. Zoe searches for her mother. Rends searches for his father, you know little of your family and Kefka and I both have parents who are dead. Interesting."

Zas then yawns as he says while stretching, "No I don't think you have run me out yet, and learning from our mistakes is always wise..."
He pauses before adding, "Before meeting up with us, had you ever done anything you'd been ashamed of or embarrassed to admit? If I am to learn from past mistakes, perhaps learning from the mistakes of others could help me avoid further future problems."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 21:51

Sparing a glance to the rest of the pack, Eaton says, "I kinda figured that's why coyote brought us all together. We might know where we all come from, but that doesn't mean we can't figure out where we're all goin' together. And hey, we're gonna find out what's goin' on with Zoe's folks, so maybe not all secrets have to stay that way."

Eaton then gave a nervous smile to Zas, and wrapped his arm around his shoulders and said, "As for somethin' I'm ashamed of? I would have to say . . . think ya can keep a secret?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 22:02

The philodox follows the Bone Gnawers glance as he says, "Truth brings all things to light. The unpredictable nature of our pack totem makes determining our initial purpose in being drawn together challenging but I too believe or at least trust, that in the end, Gaia's ways can be trusted."

Zas tilts his head similar to an owl as he says in a hushed tone, "I honor my word. You may speak without fear of others hearing it from me."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 22:30

Eaton's voice turns purposefully hushed, but even then he speaks in Apache tongue as an added precaution, "Cause you're so interested in my visions I'll share with ya: During my talk with Walks-with-Spiders, we didn't just talk about how wolves can dream better. She also was able to shine some sorta light on what might be causin' 'em. Course, it was just an educated guess, but after I shared some of my own sights with her, she said that I ain't seein' Gaia's will, but rather, dreams of the wyrm."

He tried to gauge Zas' reaction before he said, "Though, it ain't that I'm worried folks might find out about that- I'm worried they might find out . . . I don't mind it. Heck, I think it's darn useful."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 23:11

Zas's eyes widen at the Galliard's revelation but he says nothing though his jaw does open however slightly as if to speak.

The Silent Strider looks up into the sky with a grim face and takes a breath before turning back to face his packmate and saying still in Apache, "Leper-Friend, that does not bode well. Useful though it may be, there must undoubtedly be some form of risk involved in acting upon such things."

The Silent Strider sighs as he says, "That's certainly not something that I would play with lightly. I am glad you felt able to trust me, but I think knowing that there's even a chance of this being connected to grandfather serpent... it's likely going to make me more leery about relying on what you see. Does anyone else know other than you and Walks with Spiders?"

Zas then speaks again in English, "I hope we get the chance to speak with Malchizadek again. I have several questions for him. Perhaps he will be able to offer a different perspective."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 23:32

Eaton's posture relaxed ever so slightly, relieved that Zas didn't break into a fit of panic. "The thing is, we've been heedin' these visions this whole time. At first, I was worried that this would just cause all sorts of trouble and that I was openin' myself up for posession- or worse. But I don't see it as the wyrm or one of it's lackeys manipulating me; I see it on eavesdropping on what they're thinkin. That gives us much more to work with than just runnin' in and raisin' hell, hopin' that it works out."

His tone turning more skittish he adds, "Course, they didn't really stop me from thinkin' that others might not see it that way so no, us three are the only ones who know. And I fully intend to keep it that way."

He smiles and puts a hand on Zas' shoulder, "Thankfully, I know I can trust ya won't go yack to anyone else 'bout my little cross to bear."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015, 00:43

Zas considers his friends logic for a moment before saying, "We are not certain of anything as of yet. As you said-this is just an educated guess. I will treat it as such. You are correct though...there are many who would view this differently."

The Silent Strider then looks back to the pack and gestures to them as he says, "I agreed not to speak your private words to another and I won't. I feel that the rest of your packmates should know about this, perhaps when you have more than guesswork and hunches supporting it; but the sooner the better...however, this is not my secret to tell or my message to deliver. I will tell you that I will be watching you closely though as we are not entirely certain of what this all means."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015, 17:57

Though relieved that his revelation didn't launch the philodox into a tirade of why the wyrm was bad, he still seemed reserved as he said, "Sure, it's just the best guess I've got, but I'm not quite sure who else to ask about my visions. I mean, I ain't the only one who can see stuff- I'm just your local seer. Maybe I should start some support group and find out what others are seein' these days."

He does almost laugh as he says, "You're gonna be watchin' me closely? What, ya afraid I'm gonna do somethin' dangerous? Cause that happens almost every day."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015, 19:48

Zas looks at Eaton as he says, "I do not have your gift. I have not traveled in your steps. If you think seeking out others with similar gifts is the best means of determining the root of your gift and discovering who or what your visions are connected-I will support you."

As Leper Friend asks his question Zas's face sours-to an almost pained expression. "I'd really rather not--"....

He looks back to the pack and then to his packmate as he says again in Apache slowly, "I fear the wyrm. I fear the power it has-the reach its tentacles already extend is likely more than we are aware of, and that troubles me greatly. I am not going to watch you just out of concern for your safety...but for the safety of the entire pack."

Zas gets a far off look in his eyes as he says, "You said it's my duty to make hard choices. You are correct. Back in Crossroads when Rends lost control-I was prepared to do...whatever was necessary-up to and including taking his life if needed. Fortunately it did not come to that but if it did...I would have done what I had to do.

If you truly are somehow gaining sight into the mind of our greatest foe, that makes you extremely vital to the war effort...but it also means you could be more susceptible to our enemies-whims for lack of better words. Everything you do or say must be evaluated for the potential threat it poses not just to you but to those around you, the places you are in...everything. That would make you a dangerous threat. Whose to say this sight is not shared both ways?

Make no mistake; I am not out to kill you Eaton, but I am prepared to if it means protecting the rest of the pack. I would hope you would do the same. You ask if I'm afraid if you would do something dangerous-the answer is no. I trust you. I however do fear what should happen if you were to become not truly you-and that is an all too real possibility."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015, 21:44

Eaton let out a heavy sigh, one that was accented by a low growl. "Ya know, this is kinda why I didn't wanna tell anyone before I knew exactly what I'm dealin' with. Now you're worrin' over nothin'."

Clenching a fist he adds, "It's like I'm possessed or anythin' like that. And I ain't blinded by what I see. When has heedin' one of my visions ever led us into trouble? If anythin' it's our first clue as to somethin's amiss. If the wyrm's tryin' to read my mind, given our packs record and we've been able to do, it's doin' a rather lousy job, don't ya think?."

He then narrows his eyes, his gaze disbelieving, "You were gonna kill Rends back there? First, I'd like to see ya try. Second . . . what exactly woulda made ya do that? After he had torn the rest of us to bits, or if Kefka wasn't able to punch him out right then? What conditions would call for slaying our Alpha?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015, 13:38

Zas winces at the response he was trying to avoid, as he replies, "You are correct. As of yet-nothing amiss has occurred based on your visions. However, can you think of a more subtle means of drawing you into a trap-giving you information early on and gradually increasing it's usefulness as you gain from it, before then catching you unprepared in a well laid out and planned ensnarement? I am not saying you are possessed or becoming a willing slave of the wyrm but by choosing to not be watchful of such a tactic we allow the wyrm a foothold. It's my job to worry and fret over such things regardless of how trivial or insignificant they may appear. Do you understand?"

At his question Zas calmly replies, "Killing Rends was not my first choice or even my fifth, but as a last resort--yes, had we been unable to otherwise subdue him or bring him to his senses..."

The philodox grits his teeth as he says, "It is my duty to uphold the Litany, and all of its tenets. Had we been unable to restore Rends to his proper self-he would have endangered the veil and in addition to that we are called not to allow our people to suffer to tend to our sickness. Under those guidelines and after all other reasonable options had been tried, Gaia willing I would have done what was needed."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015, 16:13

Eaton still stared back with disbelief, "Ah, come on. Forget how long you've known me; if the wyrm hasn't caught onto my insight for a good twenty years, I don't think this is somethin' to worry about. If anythin' if shoulda done it alot sooner before I knew that it was the one causin' it. Between Cordova and Akna, I think they had some choice moments to do us in. And that was with me takin' a peek on both of their realms so I don't think they're watchin' me back."

He shakes his head, "Just 'cause you're concerned over stuff doesn't mean it has to worry ya. Lettin' yer fears take over and rule your thoughts ain't healthy. Instead, take comfort in the knowledge that Gaia has given ya the claws to tear the one's causin' your problems apart. Knowin' when to do just that the tricky part."

He then adds, "And don't think that I ain't scared o' of what we run into- I just don't let it control me or lead me to decisions I'll regret later."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015, 19:32

Zas gives a forced half smile as he says, "I am aware of the damage that the tools Gaia has given us, can deal out to our foes. Both you and our alpha demonstrate such martial prowess clearly. Fear does not rule me nor does it direct my verdicts, however, bearing in mind that I am not the scariest creature known to Gaia is very wise and healthy. While acting on the knowledge that the wyrm can come from any and all directions may make me seem troubled to some, others would consider such actions to be the cornerstone of vigilance. I lean more towards the latter. Underestimating our enemy is extremely foolish and to think otherwise risks doom. After all-how does the saying go: Pride comes before the fall?"

He reflects on the words of his packmate before saying, "I ask you to consider this. How many Garou have died fighting the wyrm? How long has this war been waged by our kind? I ask this that you may realize that our enemy is not like us. It has survived countless numbers of battles with our kind. It is relentless. Unyielding... Our days on the face of Gaia are numbered. The wyrm does not likely view time the way we do. What is twenty years to a creature that has lived lifetimes?"

Zas then sighs as he says, "As I said though-we do not know for certain where your visions come from, but knowing there is the slightest possibility of them being from the wyrm gives me reason to place them and in part-you, under close scrutiny."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptySat 31 Jan 2015, 20:20

Eaton drew a breath and said, "All I'm sayin' is that if the wyrm was watchin' me, it shoulda done me in by now. And I dunno, this is just our best bet on how I'm seein' anything at all. Maybe it's just Gaia been' really confusin'. Walks-with-Spiders did mention that the waking dreams she was used ta seein' were pained cries from the mother. Though either way, it ain't exactly pleasant."

Eaton considers for a moment and then adds, "Course, I ain't underestimatin' the enemy. The white howlers are proof of what happens when yer too prideful. I ain't sayin' I just follow whatever I happen to see in any particular instance- I've meditated over what I see many times. If ya wanna take precautions, that's fine. I ain't gonna be upset if ya have to watch me while I sleep. And maybe yer right, perhaps there is a risk in seein' all these things."

Eaton stares dead eyed at Zas, "But it's a risk I'm willin' to take. Will you?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery EmptySat 31 Jan 2015, 22:47

Zas scratches his cheek as he says, "Is that really an option? You can choose to not access these visions? Do you have control over when you get them? I don't fully understand how your gift works. If you could choose not to see these visions-would you be able to stop; would you want to stop? Surely having such information be at your fingertips would be tempting..."

He looks back to the road ahead as he says, "Our pack seems to find trouble every place we venture. Knowing ahead of time what we may face could certainly be helpful. There are several benefits to having the type of knowledge you can glean. The question I have to ask myself though is, at what point is having too much knowledge more dangerous than it's worth...I've had a similar issue with the Iron Riders and their fascination with the weaver. I haven't personally figured that out just yet. I don't know exactly where such lines or boundaries exist or necessarily when lines are crossed-I just know what happens if you play with the rattle snake for too long."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hidden Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hidden Mystery   The Hidden Mystery Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hidden Mystery
Page 1 of 1