|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You think you know somebody...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

You think you know somebody... Empty
PostSubject: You think you know somebody...   You think you know somebody... EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014, 01:02

As the Nation packs walked up to the summit of the Burnt Rock, Rends the Gar held back to walk with Mocks the night. He'd done well in his deul with Talons of Rime, but something had been bothering at Rends for some time now.

"You know, you done good back there buddy. I'm impressed. You learned real good what I taught ya."

He gives Mocks a serious look, concern evident on his face.

"Especially since it was actually you this time."

He leans in closer, so the others can't overhear.

"When the Stranger told me your plan to deal with Akna back in San Antone I thought it was crazy but a great idea. Kinda thing you'd think up. But that weren't you in control when I threw ya. You's crazy, and you ain't afeared to get rough, but that feller what was drivin' you was a whole 'nother thing. I don't trust him. He weren't right in the head. There aythin' you need to tell me?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: You think you know somebody...   You think you know somebody... EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014, 17:18

Kefka gives a smile at the praise and then his mouth turns sour as Rends continues. He stops walking and stares at Rends a grim look in his eyes.

"You shouldn't trust him. I don't trust him...he was damn useful though. Until San Antonio he had only taken over when I first changed...I had almost forgotten the taste of that rage."

He opens his flask up to take a drink before realizing it was empty.

"Shit man. Twice. I lost control of myself twice in San Antonio. The courthouse and with Akna. I didn't go out seeking ancestral help, I was angry and Bam! I was on the outside looking in. Watching myself kill the rippers, the rangers, the sheriff. I'm losing my mind Rends."

He turned away and sighed.

"Hell... I goaded Roaring Jack's daughter into a fight kind of going she'd put me out of commission."

He turns back with a wink and a small, but genuine smile.

"You just learned me to good you ole rascal."
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: You think you know somebody...   You think you know somebody... EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014, 21:09

Rends regards his friend for a silent moment.

"I reckon. So next time this happens, how you gonna fight back?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: You think you know somebody...   You think you know somebody... EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014, 22:10

"That all depends Rends. If we are losing the battle... I won't fight back against it. I'll be their worst nightmare no matter the cost. I ain't gonna last too much longer Rends. Akna did something to me, something to me alone. A curse... I don't know the effects but it can't be good. Only other person who knows is Zoe. She said she can't do anything about it, only disguise it. It's why I was pushing so hard to meet the Uktena.... They are the only ones who may have an answer. I figure if I can't do nothin' bout the curse might as well take out all I can while I am alive.Make a big as name as I can. I want to be remembered you know?"
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: You think you know somebody...   You think you know somebody... EmptyTue 19 Aug 2014, 00:09

An angry growl escapes Rends' throat as his fists ball up.

"God damnit. I knew they was somethin' off about you recently. I thought you was jest shook up after the close calls in San Antone..."

He takes a couple of deep breaths, steadying himself. After a moment he looks to Mocks again, eyes furious.

"If I'd known that was why you wanted to see the Uktena so bad... DAMNIT!"

He punches a nearby tree, fingers cracking with the impact. He doesn't seem to notice.

"They wasn't any time though. We barely made it back in time as it is. We couldn't a' seen them and made it back 'afore the Talons. What about Walks with Spiders? Cain't she help? Hell, anyone? We got Theurges in the Nation as old and wise as any Uktena!"

He steadies himself again, then points a bent finger at Mocks the Night.

"At any rate you ain't givin' up that easy! I ain't gonna hear that shit. We'll find somethin' to help ya, if we have to find every single Theurge in the New World we'll find a fix. Hell, maybe once we kill Akna it'll end the curse?"

By the end he's almost more pleading, but determination is now evident on his face.
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: You think you know somebody...   You think you know somebody... EmptyWed 20 Aug 2014, 11:20

Mocks smiles at his packmate's determination. As he slowly begins nodding.
"Yeah. Let's deal with Akna first and see what happens. Hell if killin' her don't do the trick maybe her knowledge would have some hints or secrets about the curse. We got to find the knowledge anyway...what harm can come from looking through it for our own means?"

He is silent for a moment, before answering his own question.

"I know I know... Probably a lot of harm. It ain't worth the risk. We should destroy it first chance we get. Now uh... Only you and Zoe know about this curse. For the time being I would like it to stay that way... I don't think others will react kindly. The curse has a stink, similar to the corruption that got in me around Austin. We have probably made more than a few enemies...they could use this curse to their advantage and destroy all of us. Me for bein' tainted and you all for protecting me and "not destroying the wyrm where it dwells."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You think you know somebody...   You think you know somebody... Empty

Back to top Go down

You think you know somebody...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: