|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seeking Answers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Seeking Answers Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers EmptyThu 29 May 2014, 23:12

After Zoe finished helping Mocks and Eaton with their spirits, Zoe retreated to a secluded area in the nearby Penumbra. Luna was beginning her descent toward the horizon as Zoe sat cross legged and began chanting quietly.

A few moments later the weight of her head dropping toward her chest startled her awake. She glanced up as Luna's light began to fade and the dawn crept closer.

Zoe wiped her eyes in frustration, stood up, and began pacing as she chanted her summons to any cockroach jagglings nearby. She hoped that Cockroach's connection to communication lines would prove helpful.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Seeking Answers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers EmptyFri 30 May 2014, 23:20

Almost immediately, a soft cry caught Zoe's attention. A large bird, its feather's stained with ash and industrial soot, circled overhead for a moment before alighting in the tangled boughs of a large spirit oak that stood nearby. Grey Dove, the creature she had sought during her rite of passage months ago, had answered her summons. The soot bird was not much to look at, but it stretched its wing down towards her, as if it were proffering a hand in greeting.

"Aha! Hears-the-Song! You called for a jaggling servant of Lord Cockroach, and I answered! Me! I got promoted-" The happy spirit's voice was a series of breakneck chirps, and Zoe noticed it was almost shaking with excitement. "That all started with your rite of passage, too... I mean, the caern is doing great, that doesn't hurt either, but I wouldn't be where I perch today if it weren't for you running me ragged all over the city!"

The chattering bird paused, covering its head briefly under its wing in a display of embarrassment. "I, uh, sorry, got carried away. What do you need me to do, bane-slayer?"
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zoe

Zoe

Seeking Answers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers EmptySat 31 May 2014, 12:44

Laughter bubbled up out of Zoe at the bird's incessant excitement followed by its sudden stroke of embarrassment. "Hello there, friend! Congratulations on your promotion. I bet you're the all the rage on the Camino Real these days, huh? You were so clever and cunning before, I bet you are even more so now."

When he asks his question, Zoe's face sours. "I'm not sure if there is much of anything that you can do for me, so far I've hit mostly dead ends, but I will continue to search until something turns up."

Zoe inhales deeply and releases it in a sigh. "Long story short, according to an elder we met at the Forked Paths Caern, someone or something has been actively trying to erase all evidence of my parents' existence. I even asked Papa Stagecoach a few days ago what he remembered of them. It was as if his memories of them had been simply snatched from his mind. He knew their names and that they were my parents, but other than that he could recall nothing."

Zoe runs her fingers through her hair and makes eye contact with the spirit. "I guess my request is two-fold. First, do you know anything of Tycheros Kostas or his wife? Anything at all? Hair color? Skin color? Even the most basic information would be helpful at this point. Second, could you ask other spirits as you encounter them if they know anything about my parents or of something like this ever happening before with memories of specific people being erased among a large number of people and spirits?"

Zoe sits on the ground and rests her back against the tree where the bird alit. She's silent for a moment then speaks again, almost to herself. "I wonder if I had memories of them that were erased by the same thing. I only vividly remember my life on the streets, but ever since I found out I was Garou and my parents were from around here, I've been having vague flashbacks of life out here. Maybe it's just my imagination, maybe the memories of this life are trying to come back. I don't know."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Seeking Answers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 21:55

The bird spirit blinked. "That is very odd, very odd indeed. I, uh, don't know who your parents were... or are! Maybe, just maybe, they are alive, but we just forgot!" Grey Dove quickly flapped its wings in a fitful display of nerves. "Or, or, what if they are hiding! But why would they, your parents, hide from their own fledgling? Weaver's legs, what a puzzle! A conundrum!"

"So Papa Stagecoach did not know much? What a mystery! Spooky! But if Papa knew something of them, why, that's a start! And besides, there are a lot of new, cunning spirits at the Camino Real sept now! Maybe they can help us! I can certainly ask around. though, get them to start working together to track down your parents."

The spirit looked down at Zoe, radiating benevolent optimism.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Seeking Answers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 07:37

Zoe cocked her head to the side and looked up toward the bird. "Hiding, you say? Now that's something I hadn't considered."

Zoe sat in silence for a few moments while the dove curiously watched her. Zoe's face darkened and then her eyes suddenly widened as she quickly stood up and began pacing. "What if they're in danger? It must be something absolutely terrible for a garou to run and hide. What if my looking into their whereabouts leads whoever they are hiding from straight to them? Maybe our pack can help them deal with the threat so that they can return to garou society."

Zoe shook her head, her face contorted in confusion. "The possibility of my father being the one who erased his own records and memories is interesting to say the least. It's certainly not something I had considered until now. I should tell..."

Zoe's words suddenly stopped as a thought occurred to her. "The elder who told me that he believed my parents' pasts to be erased said he had been looking quite diligently for them. You don't think...certainly he's not the one they're hiding from. But why would he be so eager to track them down? And so interested in me and my pack?"

Zoe sighed. "I guess for now I will keep these thoughts between me and my pack until I know who can be trusted outside of our group. Please search for information, but what you find, tell no one but me. If someone else is looking for them with an intent to cause them harm, I want a headstart in tracking them down."

"Thank you for sharing your thoughts and helping me in this investigation. As repayment for your help, would you like that I tell of the greatness of Grey Dove to any spirits I meet? Perhaps as more hear about your help during my rite and your smart suggestions here, you may soon again advance in spiritual rank. Is there anything in particular you would like told?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Seeking Answers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers EmptyWed 04 Jun 2014, 12:21

The bird jaggling blinked a few more times, but his excitement quickly overrode his confusion. "Ah! Wow! Elders? Forgotten secrets? Dangerous traitorous plots?! How... intriguing! I can keep your secret, sure, yes- I'll be discrete. Count on me!"

"And you can just tell them that Grey Dove is one of Cockroach's brood, and we look after our own." The ephemeral creature preened its drab breast feathers in a pointless display of vanity. "Oh! And, if, say, I happen to find a lead or something, a real juicy tip, then you can mention that, too! Not, uh, what I found, just that I am good at finding info. Does that sound workable?"
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Seeking Answers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers EmptyWed 04 Jun 2014, 15:00

Zoe smiled at her bird friend and nodded. "Indeed! I will tell them only the best about Grey Dove because it is all that I know of you. You know as well as I do how well Cockroach's brood transmits information, so as soon as you find something, please send it my way as soon as possible."

Zoe noticed that Luna had finally sunk below the horizon. She reached for her pocket watch and gave the bird one last smile. "I better be getting out of here. Maybe I'll see you back at the caern. In the meantime, best of luck, friend."

Zoe tipped her hat, focused on her watch, and stepped sideways out of the penumbra, making her way quickly back to camp eager to inform her pack mates of a new possibility concerning her parents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seeking Answers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Answers   Seeking Answers Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking Answers
Page 1 of 1