|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Power of Words

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: The Power of Words   The Power of Words EmptyThu 29 May 2014, 19:57

Kefka exhales a weak brow as he tosses the shovel on the ground. He wipes the sweat of his brow as he picks his hat up off the make shift tombstone. He holds it in his hand as he stares off into setting sun. His other hand on his chest feeling guys heart beat, still amazed he is still alive. As the Carns, Ramon, and the rest make their way back into the main of town Kefka catches Zoe's attention and waves her to follow him away from town. When she catches up he turns to look at her, his eyes full not of rage, but of weariness. He grimly smiles at her as he speaks.

"Thank you for healing me multiple times back by Austin. I wouldn't have made it out alive without you, it appears I am in your debt. So since I am there already... I figure I may as well dig further into debt. Can you rustle me up a few spirits? I need a truth spirit and a mockingbird spirit. I do believe there are a few gifts I could learn that would be beneficial for us. I also need you to figure out a way to pay you back. I don't want to stay in your debt forever." He winks to her and smiles.

She looks at him trying not to smile as she rolls her eyes.
"I got you covered Mocks, but the interest on your debt is piling up quickly. You better hope I don't summon you another spirit just for fun." She laughs as she leads them both into the umbra and summons the first spirit as she says back to watch the show.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of Words   The Power of Words EmptyThu 29 May 2014, 21:50

Once she finished her summoning, she turned back to Mocks as they awaited the spirit's arrival. "In all seriousness, brother, you owe me nothing, nothing but to do your duty to Gaia and our pack as a faithful Ragabash. Do you owe Zas for keeping us in line with the litany? Do you owe Eaton for telling the tales of our pack? Do you owe Rends for tearing the Wyrm a new hole every chance he gets?"

She paused for a moment to give him a chance to think. "We all do our duty to Gaia and the Prodigals. At all times we owe each other our lives because we are a pack. We have covenanted together to serve Gaia as one. Gaia destined us each to be born under a different moon so that we can serve her in complementary ways."

As the first spirit began to manifest, Zoe stepped back and smiled assuringly. "You owe me nothing, brother. Let me know if you need any help. It's what I'm here for."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of Words   The Power of Words EmptyFri 30 May 2014, 16:11

The stretching shadows cast by the low red sun were obliterated as a shining form burst free of the Gauntlet. As the garou's eyes adjusted, they beheld a woman clothed in loose pale robes. She stood about the same height as the homid garou, but her feet floated slightly above the straw-strewn ground. In one of her hands she held a short naked blade, and in the other an exotic stone lantern, its light banishing all the darkness from the barn.

"Hello, warriors of Gaia." Her voice was warm and friendly, and her words were accompanied by a grin. "I am Aletheia, daughter of Veritas, grand-daughter of Great Saturn."  The spirit-woman smelled faintly of cold, crumbling stone and freshwater.  

"I am happy and curious to learn why the servants of Coyote have summoned me." Aletheia eyes twinkled, their piercing intensity undeniable despite her amiability.
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of Words   The Power of Words EmptyFri 30 May 2014, 18:06

Kefka takes off his hat and bows towards the radiant spirit before him. Afterwards he holds his hat in front of him and stands up straight. He studies her with an inquisitive look for a few seconds before speaking.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Aletheia, and a pleasure to see a spirit who knows how to smile. We have summoned you because you have a power I should like learn.  The ability to make people speak the truth. No half truths, no secrets, no rabbit trails. You shed light on the souls of mortals. I need this power. I ain't much of a fighter. Shames me to say so, but it's true. With this gift though, I would have a better understanding of what is going on. We could avoid fights, pick our allies more carefully, know what we are agreeing to... I can save and serve my pack with this power."

Kefka pauses and looks at the spirit a sense of urgency in his eyes. His hands are clenched tight, straining his hat. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breaths. In through his nose and poor through his mouth. As he does this his arms relax, his hat regains its shape, and when he opens his eyes they are full of calm determination.

"I know the power ain't free. Tell me your price and I will see it through. You will find I make good on my word."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of Words   The Power of Words EmptySun 01 Jun 2014, 22:23

As Kefka made his request, Aletheia floated slowly around the barn, her eyes straying towards the grave and its humble marker. "I see." She stopped at the edge of the empty grave and raised her lantern, inspecting it. Without looking up she continued: "You wish to force others to speak the truth, yet you serve one of the most deceptive, crooked spirits in the Gaian realm."

Her smile still lingered, but it was sad. She stood up and nodded toward the grave. "You have dug a grave for a man who will hang for a crime he did not commit." The truth-spirit's expression was a taunt bitter smile that might break into a cry of pain as easily as a burst of laughter. "Ragabash are supposed to be amusing, Kefka, but this is too hilarious; it is practically farcical."

"I do not think you would know what to do with truth if it hit you in the face. No, I am not saying that to insult you. I want to help, to teach you. I will not teach you how to find truth in others, Mocks-the-Night. First I must teach you the value of truth and how to find it in yourself."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of Words   The Power of Words EmptySun 01 Jun 2014, 23:56

Kefka stared at the ground while the truth spirit spoke. His eyes starting to fill with confusion, and his mouth closed tight. When the spirit is done talking, Kefka drops to his knees wishing to hide away in the shadows. He speaks reservedly after clearing his throat.

"I shall trust in your greater wisdom Aletheia. If I am not ready to find truth in others, then I will learn whatever you are willing to teach me in the hopes that one day I might reach that point."

He pauses to raise his eyes and look at her.

"What must I do to begin my journey?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of Words   The Power of Words EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 12:29

The spirit drew him up, her smile broadening. "A Shadow Lord ragabash who serves Coyote, is willing to walk in truth's light rather than darkness and lies? I did not expect this to be so easy a reformation- but perhaps this is just another ploy..." She looked at Kefka, her eyes searching his for a moment before she laughed, a melodious sound that passed through the barn like a refreshing spring wind.

The truth jaggling's hand moved to Kefka's shoulder. Her touch was cool, like well-stones on his skin. Her voice grew low, soft, but deadly serious. "I confess, I think that your goals, and those of old Coyote, are well-intentioned; yet, you might cause more harm than good if what you accomplish is done through lies. Truth and trust go hand in hand, as do fear and deceit."

Aletheia drew back slightly from the ragabash, and smiled again, her teeth glinting in the lantern light. "To begin, I will teach you how to tell the truth in such a way that no one will believe you. This might sound silly to you, but the unbelief of others does not matter- what matters is that you told the truth regardless."

"If you are able to learn how to apply my gift of truth and use it to further your goals, then I shall teach you how to reveal truth in others. Do we have an accord?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of Words   The Power of Words EmptyThu 05 Jun 2014, 09:01

Kefka looks at Alethia before smirking and speaking.

"It does sound silly to me. That is why I like your plan. We are in accord Alethia. I shall master this gift and I look forward to meeting you again in the future."

He stands up from the ground and bows his head towards her before replacing his hat upon his head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Power of Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Power of Words   The Power of Words Empty

Back to top Go down

The Power of Words
Page 1 of 1