HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 If Beggars Could Ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 289
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: If Beggars Could Ride    Mon 05 May 2014, 21:22

After discussing their situation with Father Ramon, Eaton, Zas, and Zoe decided to investigate the scene of the murder. Eaton thanked the Father once again for looking after Jana as the trio left the cathedral. He was hopeful that Rends and Mocks were successful in their endeavor; trying to find transport for his wife was a bit out of his price range. I thought to himself as to why he never seemed to have much in the way of money. Perhaps because he hadn't actually had much use for it before; after he had fled from his folks he underwent his first change and knew from his father how to live off the land. And the Garou nation didn't really have much need for those coins and pieces of paper. Even after accepting the job of an Indian agent he still had to be reminded by his packmates to actually pick up his wages. But now he had a family to support. Maybe it was about time to be somewhat financially responsible. He wasn't exactly comfortable with the thought of feeding an infant weeds from the side of the road simply because he couldn't afford to feed them.

Oh course, that was assuming they got to Nacogdoches, his mind refocusing on the problem right in front of him.

With an irritating sigh, Eaton looks to Zas and Zoe and asks, "I was thinkin', even if we help out Ramon and bring those horse thieves to justice, that doesn't exactly help us out. I'm havin' a hard time believing that we're gettin' a ride out of this; they'd probably just look to get 'em back to their real owners."

With an especially desperate look in his eye he says, "I wanna make sure they get what's comin' to 'em but, is it really worth our time?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 670
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: If Beggars Could Ride    Mon 05 May 2014, 22:17

Zas looked at the Bone Gnawer for a moment before glancing back at the church. "Doing deeds only for what you stand to gain is not very noble. If your only incentive to help this priest out is because you wish to acquire a horse, it may indeed not be worth your time."

The Silent Strider considered for a moment before continuing: "If you wish to abandon helping him though, I will not argue. We do have other bigger matters to concern ourselves with-and serving Gaia comes first. We are under no obligation or real position to help anyone as of now anyway."

Zas then looks up at Eaton as he says, "However, it never hurts to have friends. Though he may not be kinfolk, he could still serve in some way to further aid Gaia. If the road ahead is as dark as Malchizadek says, having friends will undoubtedly come in handy."

Zas then turns to Zoe with a questioning gaze as he says to Eaton, "Though on the matter of finding a mule of some sort, perhaps the spirits may be able to help..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 289
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: If Beggars Could Ride    Mon 05 May 2014, 23:06

Eaton listens to the words of their Philodox, weighing what he said with that he feels he should do. Upon his conclusion, he responds, "Just 'cause I won't get a horse out of it doesn't mean I won't try and all. It's just . . . we gotta pick our battles. I guess I'm just realizin' we can't fight 'em all, though don't let Rends hear me say that. Uncle McLeod told me before I joined the Bone Gnawer's that helpin' those in need might just save us a fight down the road. But here's what I was thinkin,"

The Galliard slows his pace slightly and lowers he voice, "Suppose those thieves got some friends. Ramon would be the one callin' em out on it. If he's already on uneasy terms, that might place 'em in even more danger. While I know it's the Father's callin' to rid the world of sin or whatever," He looks at Zoe as if to get clarification, "I dunno if the Word of God is gonna protect 'im from being shot in the head. Us doin' the right thing might just stir up more trouble for everyone."

At this, Eaton rubs his forehead and shakes his head, "I guess I'm just worried, is all. I mean, just lettin' Jana travel more comfortably doesn't mean . . ."

At this, he closes his eyes tight and shakes his head once more, as if trying to dismiss the thoughts from clinging to his mind.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 514
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: If Beggars Could Ride    Tue 06 May 2014, 22:09

Zoe cocks her head to the side and looks at Eaton. "I wouldn't say our roughing up the horse thieves would necessarily point back to Ramon. Likely there are plenty if folks around here who know what they're up to, but they're too scared or too apathetic to do anything about it. Now I know you're not scared, so the question is do we care enough to do something about it?"

Zoe walks in silence for a moment then shrugs. "It's the right thing to do. If Mal and his Sicari are killing people for granting a possible foothold to the Wyrm with their wrongdoings or evil behavior, then the least we can do is put a stop to such behavior seeing as how we're now aware of it."

Zoe winks at Zas. "I'm always happy to ask the spirits for help, but likely they'd bring us something wild and unsuitable for a pregnant woman. Doesn't hurt to ask though, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 289
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: If Beggars Could Ride    Tue 06 May 2014, 22:32

"Well I guess I did say that we'd already see what we can do 'bout those horse thieves." Eaton said suddenly, barely given the Theurge enough time to finish her sentence.
"Maybe I'm just not adjusting to this whole responsibility thing as great as I thought I could. I . . . just want to make sure Jana can make this trip. If we had a'way by now I think I'd be calmer about all this."

He runs his fingers through his unkempt hair and down the side of his face with a sigh, but then his expression changes to a small smile as he looks at his packmates "Thanks. I know we gotta do the right thing. I shouldn't let my worries get the best of me like that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 670
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: If Beggars Could Ride    Wed 07 May 2014, 00:05

Zas gives a quick smile at Eaton's decision, before saying, "My brother, you have much to consider. More than you maybe ever have. Leadership is not easy, and very rarely is determining the "Right" course of action a simple task. Your worries and concerns are ours if you share them; we are a pack for a reason. We can all help one another out, if we work together."

Zas then looks back to Zoe and says with a lighter, playful tone, "I suppose if you ask the wrong spirit, it could hurt...so choose wisely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: If Beggars Could Ride    

Back to top Go down
 
If Beggars Could Ride
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Umbrella Ride @ Bearville Outfitters
» CADANGAN RIDE SANTAI KE MUAR/BATU PAHAT (05 & 06 MEI 2012)
» Duke's Ride
» Ride Santai ke Fraser Hill v2 (17 Jun 2012)
» RIDE SANTAI TEMERLOH + RAUB 15 DIS 2012

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: