HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Conventional Means

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Conventional Means   Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:37


After Mocks showed the rest of the prodigals the wanted poster portraying Penelope, Eaton's eyes grew wide in realization but didn't say anything; not until he could make sure there wasn't nobody eavesdropping on his conversation. After Zoe tended to the Sheriff and everyone made their way back into the countryside, the Galliard spares a glance at Penelope before addressing the rest of his packmates, " Is it botherin' anyone else that these twisted creeps are usin' plain folk to get to her? If a Black Spiral wants to jump us that's one thing, but this puts us in a harder place. I'm sure it ain't they just threw out some papers and called it a day; they're probably telling sob stories, promisin' rewards, and all sorts of lies. If any one of them hunters comes for us, we can't exactly just beat them down. Those dancers know how to use that litany against us."

Eaton walks a few paces ahead of the pack, turning around to better look them all in the eye, "The reason I wanna bring this up is 'cause if she's recognized, what should we say? It ain't gonna look good if we all tell conflictin' nonsense. I want to be prepared."

He drums the fingers on his staff as he stares off in the distance for a brief moment before he continues, "'Cause he's all the way in Georgia, I don't think it'll be too hard to paint Mr. Killgore as the wretched creature he is. If we just convince common folk that she's in danger and is runnin' from it, that'll keep em' off her back. Although,"

He looks at Rends, Zoe, Zas, and Mocks, purposefully excluding Penelope, "What 'bout us? I'm pretty sure their next question is gonna be wonderin' why several older folks would be hangin' out with her."

He looks at himself and then to Zas, "I don't think we can say it's 'we're cousins'."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rends the Gar

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Thu 20 Mar 2014, 17:47

Rends the Gar looks distracted, idly chewing on a bit of grass as he plods along. He seems tense, almost nervous as the Prodigals draw nearer to the Caern.

"Won't even be that simple. Sayin' Killgore's a bastard won't matter a bit with a bounty on her head. Folk what collect them bounties don't give a damn where their targets end up. They jest wanna get paid."

He spits out the grass stalk, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Fact is they ain't no easy way to get outta this. Me and Zoe, and maybe Kefka's the only ones who could even maybe pretend to be her kin, and I don't think anyone would believe it anyhow especially wince we's travellin' with a couple half Injuns. That raises all kinds of uncomfortable questions. Best hope is that Malchizadek can keep her safe on his lands."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 628
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Thu 20 Mar 2014, 20:34

Zas ponders Eaton's words for several moments. He reaches down to the ground and grabs a handful of dirt and then slowly let's it begin to sift out the bottom of his closed fist, watching as the wind carries the dirt away.

After all the soil is gone, Zas breathes a short sigh before speaking. "Our enemies are many and crafty. This is true. Gaia's betrayer's-the Spiral dancers, stand out among them, and are well versed in our ways. This is also true. However, to say that when our enemies come, we would be incapable of defeating them...this is not true. We are called to destroy the Wyrm. I intend to do so. We have proved our ability to do this when we work together, and If I have any say, we will continue to do so."

Zas then looks at Penelope and says to the pack, "We were charged with seeing her to Malchizadek. We will fulfill this duty by any means necessary."

Zas then turns to face the others directly and says, "The most obvious solution to the problem of her identity becoming known is to simply not be seen. Traveling at night would aid in this. However, since we can't rely on this solely, perhaps we could also avoid large crowds of people. These methods aren't foolproof but they would lessen the chances of Penelope being seen. All this to say; we have options."

Zas' brow furrows as he adds, "Unfortunately, our presence in this area will not likely be well received by the local caern which further adds to our current difficulties."

Zas then turns to face the direction of the pack was headed in as he says with a huff, "Regardless of how we may be received, we are all still Garou. We may not all agree on every issue, but we have too many enemies outside to be bickering among ourselves. Our and Penelope's survival depends on our ability to overcome petty Garou squabbles and refocus our brothers and sisters attention to the forces that seek to destroy us all. On this matter, I am certain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kefka

avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Thu 20 Mar 2014, 21:07

Kefka stops in his tracks as Rends finishes speaking. "Now why would Malchizadek keep her safe on his land? We don't know if he is even gone help her. I thought the plan was get Penelope here, get her cured, and return to Nacogdoches together. If the healing process takes awhile, i may have to leave on my own to see my child be born... but we can't just abandon Penelope and leave her alone with other garou we just met. Especially with all the Get of Fenris around, no offense Rends."

Kefka takes a deep breath and takes his hat off running his free hand through his greasy hair. When he speaks again rage can be seen in his eyes. His tone is cold and calculating.

"As for people hunting Penelope... we all suspected this would happen. Lets not kid ourselves. No big deal. We stick to the wilderness. We are Garou. They find us out there... we just leave no witnesses. No veil broken. We defend Penelope with the full extent of our abilities."

He pauses again and pulls out a bowie knife. Admiring it in the moon just beginning to rise. He spits on the ground.

"Option two... we go to Georgia and kill the bastards. We know they are there. It is our duty to wipe them off out of existence." He takes another glance at the knife and closes his eyes as he returns the knife to its sheath. His voice is still full of determination, but the rage has been mostly subdued.

"We would need allies. Let us pray we find some tonight. Perhaps some of the Bone Gnawers would like to our hunt as well." He looks at Eaton watching for a reaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Thu 20 Mar 2014, 22:15

Zoe listens silently as the others voice their concerns and suggestions.  When Kefka wraps up his thoughts, Hears-the-Song glances at Penelope and sighs.

"Disguising her could be helpful and keep her from drawing as much attention.  It's a temporary fix at least. Unfortunately, some of the men who came for her earlier are still alive and know that y'all are traveling with her.  I was fighting umbral side, so my relation to her is unknown to those men.  That could be helpful."

"As far as discrediting Kilgore is concerned, Rends is right, whether people believe he is a saint or a demon doesn't matter; if they believe he'll pay, they will get him what he wants. This guy is determined to get her back. But why? I mean, if these guys just rape women and make more of their infernal race, shouldn't he have others to do his bidding?  Why is he so determined to bring Penelope back?"

She runs her fingers through her hair and shakes her head.

"Regardless of why he wants her, we're not going to let him have her. I think we're all agreed on that."

She pauses and makes eye contact with the other Prodigals, each one nodding in affirmation.

"If Malchizedek is powerful enough to break her of the curse of the Black Spiral, then I would hope he is also able to protect her from harm. I would like to say that once she's cleansed Kilgore will back off, but it seems to be personal for him."

Zoe breathes in deeply and releases a frustrated sigh.  "I think we need to just keep to our mission to deliver Penelope to Malchizedek per Red Oath's instructions.  It's wise to plan ahead, but it's impossible to predict what kind of trouble our enemies may have in store for us. However, since we know that Penelope's face is known around here, we must be all the more on our guard."

Zoe shakes her head again and laughs. "I really don't think any of that was new or helpful, but now you know how I feel about this: get Penelope to Mal and keep her safe in the meantime."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rends the Gar

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Thu 20 Mar 2014, 22:41

Rends shakes his head, finally seeming to become fully aware of the conversation he'd been participating in. He spits too, looking frustrated.

"Hell, I ain't sayin' we jest leave her here. That ain't no life a Full Moon aughta live, closed away indoors and hidin' from your enemies."

He scratches at his chin, considering his protege.

"We don't know how long this... stuff will take. Maybe we can lay a false trail while Malchizadek's gettin' ready and set the Dancers off on a wild goose chase; be back in time to help her with whatever he'll have planned. Time they figure out she ain't where they think, we'll be back home in Nacadoches pullin' the Spinning Wheels outta the fire again. Much as I like the thought of huntin' them bastards down and tearin' 'em to bits, I don't think it's an option right now. They's too much going on here for us to leave Texas, and we may be able to deal with this through other ways. That said, maybe we let some of the Nation over in Georgia know what's goin' on and they could take care of it."

He lets out a forceful sigh, scratching at the back of his head.

"That said, none a' that will matter if the local Get decide we ain't worth a hill o' beans. I reckon the Throat Tearers is already back and told their version of what happened, and it ain't gonna make us look good. Not to mention they probably been talking with the Galveston Get and know about Zoe runnin' off and me not bringin' her back."

He looks to each of his pack mates, an intense fire behind his eyes hidden by his hats shadow.

"This's probably gonna be bad. If they don't like us, they won't waste their time with us. They probably won't kill us outright, but they won't help us and they'll want us gone. That'll make working with Malchizadek harder too. We ain't gonna have many friends here, and we's gonna have to work hard to make any."

He spits again, wiping his mouth on his sleeve.

"But the good news is, long as we don't let them push us around we can manage things. The Get are brutal, but fair: show strength and they'll show respect. We just gotta show them we's worth respectin' and things should work out ok. Probably."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 628
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Fri 21 Mar 2014, 13:49

Zas turns back to face the pack. He looks at Rends as he finishes speaking and says matter-of-factly, "Whether or not we are liked is irrelevant. We are garou, we are here for a purification-not a popularity contest. The Get of Fenris should be able to respect that. If not, they will need to be convinced and reminded of the right order of things."

He then gives a low growl, "The fact of the matter is, the Get have Spiral kinfolk sitting out here on the fringes of their Caern, doing as they please. That needs to be rectified. Like I said, petty squabbles and disagreements over past actions or deeds can't be the focus right now."

Zas then turns to Kefka and says tactfully, "Traveling to battle our enemies in their home territory I think is unwise. Much better to gather our forces here and prepare for their next attack. By going to them we give them the advantage and spread ourselves thin."

Zas then turns to Penelope and says with an un- characteristic friendly smile, "I am curious to hear your thoughts. This after all is a matter of considerable concern regarding you and your personal safety. Do you have anything to say?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kefka

avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Fri 21 Mar 2014, 16:09

"If we don't go after them, i fear they will keep coming. They want her back. As Zoe said the Black Spirals can always spawn more to follow their twisted dance. So why would they want Penelope back? Why would they need her back? Unless... she is something special." Kefka paused to let that sink in. "We take her away for good... they will be out for revenge which makes them even more dangerous. They won't stop coming after us. It is a risk to gather allies and attack them...but i rather take that risk then sit idly by waiting for them to attack repeatedly. Neither option is ideal, but if i could have a choice i would rather attack."

He sighs, pops his neck and returns his hat to his head.
"That is neither here nor there though. We need to see Malchizadek first. I don't believe we will have a problem with all the garou in Bexar County. Back with the Bone Gnawers... the one who met us at the road, he said the Get had been fighting with the other Garou in this area. Tensions will already be high. Those opposing the Get won't have heard of us, we stick with Malkizadeck and we should be fine."

Kefka starts to smile and sounds more like himself.

"The Get probably won't want to bother with the likes of us anyway. We are Coyote's children after all, and no honor amongst us to boot... and that suits me just fine"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 435
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Fri 21 Mar 2014, 17:04

Penelope had been lagging a few yards behind the group, wearing the Laughing Stranger's worn cowbow hat and saying little. When Zas called on her, she trudged forward, taking a few moments to catch up. When she finally started talking it was at an almost breathless pace; clearly she had some thoughts on the issue at hand.

"Well, those men-catchers were here 'cause of me. I don't know about bein' special or how they knew I'd be here, but... I ain't scared." She glared at the Prodigals fiercely as she continued: "Those deadbeats made me angry more than anythin', and I coulda killed those half-wit blowhards by myself, even with that cuckoo-bird bane lendin' a hand!" She picked a bit of congealed blood out from under her nail as she spoke. "I might have had to pull out my claws to do it, but there is no way in rutting blazes I'm goin' back to the states..." Her voice had grown into something between a yell and a snarl. "I say let 'em hunt me, I'll kill them stone dead-  y'all don't worry about me." She held a wild, dangerous look in her eye for a moment before her brows knitted together under the brim of her ill-fitting hat as apprehension crept into her tone.

"If- if they were able to track me here, somehow... y'all think they'd be able to sniff out my mom? What if she's in danger too? I don't want to be stuck at this here sept doing heaven-only-knows with some stuffy theurge if my family is in trouble..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtarat.forumotion.com
Rends the Gar

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Sat 22 Mar 2014, 00:51

Rends nods along with Penelope's tirade. As she finishes he puts a comforting arm on her shoulder.

"Good girl. Ain't none of us doubtin' you coulda handled them fellers on your own, but bein' in a pack means sharin' the fight. Your fight's ours, and we ain't about to let ya face them Spirals alone and hog all the fun. As fer your family, remember Red set 'em up in a Homestead right near the Caern jest so she could keep an eye on 'em, and she knew they was a chance there'd be someone comin' lookin' eventually and Red's too smart to be caught off guard. I'd bet Mocks' finest hat she's ready for anything the Spirals can throw at her. Even without her two best Ahroun there."

He gives her a friendly wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Mon 24 Mar 2014, 21:50

Eaton listens to all of his packmates; not staring at anyone-or anything in particular as they share their thoughts on the matter. He looks to Mocks as he finally speaks,

"I ain't sure goin' all the way to Georgia is what we oughta' do: I don' like to think that we're the only Garou who knows this Killgore is up to somethin'. Whether the dancers are hiden' and can't be tracked or the whole darn state's fallen into the Abyss, I don't think we're the ones who need to take care of em' on their land."

He turns to all his friends as he begins, "Now I don't doubt for a second that Penelope can't tear those brutes apart," He says with a nod to their youngest party member, "But I don't think they're the only problem: What if that ol' sheriff back there recognized 'er from that poster? Would she just kill em and be dumpin' his body in the woods? Just because they ain't tryin' to drag you back to Savanna themselves don't mean they ain't gonna cause problems."

He brushes some hair out of his eyes and back into it's unkept condition as he sighs, "Tellin' em the real reason we aren't bringin' her back ain't gonna fly. And I wanna make sure the story we tell holds at least a ounce o' merit."

He strokes the hair on his chin slowly as he concludes, "I'm tryin' to come up with a reason why a bunch of different folks are hangin' out so close. As much as I like the real story."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 628
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Tue 25 Mar 2014, 14:01

Zas listens to the rest of his pack-mates and gives a quick sigh as he begins. "I am not skilled at telling fake stories. I am skilled at distinguishing truth from falsehood. I can say with certainty from personal experience the most difficult forms of lies to distinguish are the ones that are interwoven in some grain of truth." He takes a deep breath as he goes on,
"I believe you are correct that telling our entire purpose to those we come across would be unwise. However, our claim I believe, would be more believable if we do give aspects of our purpose to those who ask. We are called as servants of Gaia to combat the Wyrm wherever it dwells. We know for certain that Penelope is being pursued by Black Spirals. We know for certain that their leader is a man who has proven himself to be canny and crafty and presents a very real threat. Would it be untruthful for us to then be on a "manhunt" of sorts?"

"It is common knowledge that Penelope was captured and carried away by Indians. We could use this to our benefit. Why would we have Penelope traveling with such a varied group? Simple. She is both a survivor and a witness. She can clearly point out who her captors were. Her rescuer-Rends the Gar, serves to be her continued protector, who enables her to feel safe in identifying her captors. In order to deal with traveling into Indian territory however, Indian agents from the bureau were contacted and sent to successfully negotiate for the safe travel across the wild frontier, clearly explaining why Eaton and Kefka are here. They felt it responsible and prudent to bring a physician to see to Penelope's safety as she is a young innocent girl not used to the dangerous frontier, thus we have Zoe. And Lastly, since the Indian agents themselves were unfamiliar with this portion of territory they deemed it necessary to hire an Indian scout to both find the quickest and the safest travel routes as well as aid in the live capture of Indian fugitives-any Black Spirals we come into contact with and other foes we must face."

Zas then says grimly, "Gaia's foes will be brought before justice, one way or another. I simply see us being in the right position to be Gaia's messengers and deliverers of the said Justice."

Zas smiles and then says, "The lies in our story are hard to find in the abundance of truth." Zas then says aloud, to himself more than anyone specifically "Perhaps coyote is beginning to get to me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 498
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   Tue 25 Mar 2014, 18:45

Zoe breaks her distracted trance as Zas begins to speak. She listens attentively and is pleasantly surprised with his plan. Placing a hand on his shoulder she comments, "That is a very good plan, my brother. You are right. The fewer lies we have to tell, the more believable our tale will be. Not to mention it will keep us from tripping over one another's falsehoods if we forget what story we're supposed to be telling. And most of this can be verified by third parties, so that's always helpful."

She turns to the others and smiles. "What do you think? Can we all learn and agree to tell the tale that Zas has so wisely crafted?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Conventional Means   

Back to top Go down
 
Conventional Means
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» BBY means...
» Uguu~
» What is NNGO?
» 1850 Nids....yes this means I'm back!!!
» ROTD Art!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: