|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Humor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySat 15 Mar 2014, 18:48

Zas thanked Zoe for her assistance in dealing with the spirit, before leaving the Umbra. Upon returning to the physical world, Zas noticed the other pack members huddled around a campfire. Penelope was sitting as was to be expected near Sylvester who was quietly carving into a bit of wood. Eaton was merrily playing his spoons to a lively tune, as Kefka sat nearby. Zas looked on for awhile just gazing into the flames, all the while a smile beginning to slowly creep its way across his face.

Eventually the Silent Striders smile caught a glimmer of moonlight which alerted Kefka to the Striders presence and unusual behavior. Zas said nothing, but upon noticing Kefka's stare he made eye contact, and began to produce a low chuckle. He chuckled for a few seconds before then turning to leave still having said nothing.
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 12:41

Kefka half listened to Eaton's music, he was more focused on what awaited them in Bexar county. Surely the Get will get there first, meaning The Prodigals welcome will be less than friendly. He threw his head back and let out a heavy sigh. It was then he noticed Zas with a peculiar smile. He watched as Zas walked off in the distance. With minimal effort Kefka lazily rose to his feet and began to trail his friend, hiding in the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 14:24

Zas walked on for several minutes in a large circle fairly distant from the campfire patrolling the area, seemingly none the wiser that he was being followed. When a stiff breeze blew past Zas, he inhaled a sharp intake of breath, detecting a familiar scent in the wind and stopped moving forwards. Without turning to face his hidden pursuer, Zas spoke aloud, "You are quite skilled my friend. Not many white men are able to sneak upon an apache. Even amoung Garou, you stand out in skills of stealth. Would you care to step out in plain sight?"

Without waiting for an answer or reply Zas turned around and continued speaking, still with his unexplained smirk on his face, "I am glad you have sought me out. I have something to ask you."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 15:13

Kefka steps into light of Luna with his lips twisted in a small smile. "and your senses are keen as ever Snowy Owl. Care to explain what has you in such a good mood tonight, or will the explanation come after the question? Or perhaps the anticipation of my witty reports is what amuses you." Kefka raises an eyebrow as his smile grows. "Ask away Snowy Owl... just don't ask me to name names." He winks at his compatriot and leans against a tree.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 15:48

Zas approaches Kefka slowly, his smile still remaining-which was beginning to become slightly unnerving to his packmate.

As he stepped forwards he began, "You ask me what has me in such a good mood. You presume correctly that what has me in a good mood is your answer to my query. For you see, our actions of late as a pack have made me more aware of our situation. I have truly been able to see where we are lacking; where we have room for improvement."

He pauses, "My question to you is this, what happened in the umbra when you Hears the song and Leperfriend entered it back in perdido? I have heard bits and pieces of the tale but not it's entirety. Although this may be a task better suited for our Galliard, I wish to hear the story from your perspective. I find that a Ragabash spun tale often has interesting details sometimes overlooked by other auspices."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 17:05

Kefka's eyes grow dark as smile disappears off his face. He spits on the ground and mutters to himself "should have known to never trust the smile of a philadox." He looks back up at the smiling face of his philadox and sighs, putting on a forced smile he begins to speak. "Thought we discussed this already in full. Did you sleep through the first telling, i know our Galliard can be kind of dull..." Kefka takes a deep breath and sits down on the ground. He begins to draw in the dirt with on of his fingers and stares at the ground while explaining. "Look... we went in the Umbra saw some lights around a pit in the ground. We could have closed it up, locked it up tight, been done with it. I thought it warranted exploring the others didn't. I told them to leave the Umbra, get the rest of y'all and come back. I would sneak in the pit and investigate. You know my skills, i know my skills. I started climbing down using the webbing that was all over. With the webbing i had hoped maybe there was a weaver spirit about who could help. Anyway as i begin climbing down Eaton falls in after me... he was rescued by the Laughing Stranger who was then dangling from my leg. The spirit begins to talk. I was the only talking to it... i don't know why. It seemed innocent. It wasn't fully created. It wasn't Gaia, wasn't Weaver, wasn't Wyrm... it was an unborn spirit. It didn't know what it was. It was hungry... it needed more time... it was Wolf. That is what it knew. "

Kefka stands up and kicks at the dirt he was drawing in. He then gestured for Zas to follow before shoving his hands into his pockets. "The spirit touched the Stranger... made him yelp. Dunno if it was in surprise or pain. Afterwards i pulled Eaton and myself out of the pit and we left... that's what happened. The wrong person was taking charge of a situation he didn't need to be in charge of. I was the only one who wanted to wait and see what happened. It falls upon my shoulders that we had to fight more Skinrippers..." Kefka stops abruptly and turns around. "Is that what you wanted to hear? Does this amuse you still?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 18:30

Zas smile grows wider as the ragabash continues. It appears to be genuine. After Mocks the night finishes talking, Zas replies, "Yes. I am amused." He lets out a quick laugh before going quiet.

After a long pause and silence from his flustered packmate he says with a smirk and mild concern written on his face, "Do you not see it? My friend, you are wearing so many shoes you are tripping over yourself. This is why I laugh."

He then drops his smirk and looks at Kefka with sincerity as he points upwards, "Does Luna seek to be a star or to outshine Helios?"

He then looks up at the night sky and stares as he asks "How do you fulfill the duties of your auspice? How do you fit into all of this?" He asks while gesturing around the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 20:37

Kefka stares at Zas with sorrow in his eyes. Eventually he shakes his head and lays down on the ground, taking his hat off and resting it up upon his chest. "Luna is her own self and is comfortable in that. She doesn't try to be Helios, or an insignificant star. She couldn't if she tried." He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. "It's not that easy for Ragabash. You laugh at my shoes friend, but they are mine to wear. My duty to Gaia is to no small matter. I am called to question. What we do, how we do it, why we do it. It is my duty to keep us focused by asking the hard questions, asking the obvious questions. So many Garou follow their Alphas blindly, never thinking their Alpha is not following Gaia. When this happens we Ragabash point it out, and get run off. We have to have the skills and knowledge to survive on our own." He pauses. "I may need those skills to survive one day..."

Kefka turns and gives Zas a half- hearted smile. "If i do not have the know the duties of my packmates and how they fulfill them... how will i know the right questions to ask? I admit the Perdido Umbra was no time for trial and error, i should have followed the lead of our Theurge. But i learned. Failures are better teachers than success. Success is blinding. I plan on talking to Zoe about the Umbra. If she is willing to teach me learn the rite to summon spirits. I can summon and talk to my own spirits. See if there is a Theurge in my past life. Talk to spirits they talked to. Learn the true history of my ancestors instead of their colored, biased timelines they like to tell. Besides you never know when we will need help from more than one spirit."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 21:56

Zas looks down from his star gazing. The smile he had previously is now gone. He looks intently at Kefka as he says, "You are wise to seek understanding of other auspices. This is good. However, it would seem that at least in Perdido, you tried taking on multiple roles."

Zas continues, "I am not one to tell a Ragabash how to be a ragabash. That said, by acting as a theurge when Zoe was there, and by the sound of things fulfilling her auspice, you weren't simply questioning her, you were overtaking her role. This is quite different."

Zas then places a hand on Mocks' shoulder, and hangs his head as he says with a morose voice "You also shoulder the weight, alone, for a decision that was made by the group. Regardless of who wanted to let things play out or who didn't, we all must bear responsibility for the decision, for we have no alpha to shoulder this weight. OUR inaction and failure to end the threat before it revealed itself fully, resulted in the eventual loss of another Garou."

Zas then looks back up at his packmate and says, "All this to say, I think you are wearing too many shoes and it seems to be wearing you down."

Zas then looks around and upon seeing a stick picks it up and hands it to Kefka. "If I may offer a suggestion, try narrowing your focus. Choose only one auspice role to try and gain knowledge from at a time. As a lone tree in the forest is made easier to carry if you cut the small limbs off first, so it is when dealing with understanding our roles and places in society."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 18:58

Kefka gives a slight smile. "If you wish to help shoulder the blame... whom i to stop you. The wise Philadox always knows what he does." He chuckles quietly. " Thank you friend for talking with me tonight. Even with all the voices talking to people besides me can prove necessary" he stands up and stretches. "i shall leave you here though, i must speak to Zoe before i lose my drive." He bows low to Zas before placing his hat upon his head and strolling off to find Zoe.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014, 19:18

Zas smiles and nods. "Glad to help."

As the Ragabash leaves, Zas nods back and watches as he returns back to the others, fading into the shadows.

When Zas loses sight and can no longer detect his scent, Zas wanders on finishing his patrole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Humor   Dark Humor Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Humor
Page 1 of 1