|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Vampire Shuffle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

The Vampire Shuffle Empty
PostSubject: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle EmptySun 25 Mar 2018, 19:34

As Eiger returned to first floor of the bar he paused at the base of the stairs and listened. He heard the scuffle outside cease and content with that he picked his way over to the corner of the room that had the piano. Be grabbed a chair from a close table and sat beside the piano as he rummaged through his belonging. Eventually he pulled out his Uillean Bag Pipes and began playing. In part to help calm the patrons down and bring them back inside, and in another part to give thanks and praise to his ancestors for his recent successes and finding a pack. As he played he met eyes with Zoe and motioned her over to his side.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle EmptySun 25 Mar 2018, 21:44

Zoe had a grin on her face a mile wide as she walked over toward the newest pack member. She gave him a hearty slap on the back.

“Fae Carver, THAT is how you dispose of v - “

She paused noticing the patrons who had returned.

“V-ery rude guests. Thanks for having my back.”

She stroked the barrel of her rifle and smile wistfully.

“Papa O’Toole sure knew what he was doing when he gave me this all those years ago. I think you’ll like him when you get a chance to meet him. He’s a mage, you know?”
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle EmptySun 25 Mar 2018, 22:06

Eiger smiled as his new packmate approached

“Always happy to lend a hand. I never knew I’d enjoy traveling or company this much.”

Eiger opened his mouth to speak as Zoe mentioned that there is a mage he might like. He quickly shut it and frowned as he composed his thoughts before responding, and when he did respond his voice was a hushed whisper. Only audible to Zoe as his music dances in the ears of others around.

“I can’t say I’ve ever met a mage, or expected to meet one on good terms, especially after the devastation I saw in Georgia. I mean the Fae there were being twisted by the Spirals... but they were still alive. Something may have been able to be done, until they were all destroyed. I can’t imagine the spirits faired better.”

He sighed, before looking up at her optimistically.

“However, you Zoe above all have proven to me that I can’t rely on former knowledge, or hearsay when it comes to meeting anyone. My tribe, at least across the pond, they blame you Iron Riders for the fact we aren’t in charge of the Garou nation. We offered assistance in helping you defend Italy. Your tribe denied got overrun and run out, and the Silverfangs swept in cleaning up the mess and saving the day. The stories I heard of your tribe...and you have defied them all with your courage, tenacity, and devoutness.”

He paused, and nodded his head.

“I trust you, so if you trust this O’Toole fellow I would be honored to meet him.”
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle EmptySun 25 Mar 2018, 22:16

Zoe’s brow furrowed.

“What did the mages have to do with the spirits in Georgia?”

When he mentioned the Iron Riders’ past, she shrugged.

“I wasn’t raised by Garou, so what time I did eventually spend with the Iron Riders was focused more on here and now and what’s to come, instead of on the past. So, sorry if your mates made you think we Iron Riders were haughty fools who lost you your domain, but I know nothing about it. It seems all of us are trying to outrun our past in one way or another.”

She tilted her head.

“What about you, Carver? What demons of the past are you trying to atone for?”
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle EmptySun 25 Mar 2018, 22:42

Eiger lowered his eyes.

“The Order of Reason who destroyed the Black Spiral Hive... the Spirals escaped... but the Fae didn’t. I can only assume the spirits could fare no better. When the mages attacked they only saw 1 piece of the puzzle... but took out the whole picture.”

He shook his head and closed his eyes, opening them up as a smile turned up the corner of his lips.

“It’s nothing for you to apologize for... I’m learning all to well that my tribe, and myself in particular may focus on the past too much. Our stories. Our history. It is our greatest treasure. Even before our rite of passages in preparation we must memorize the 12 Sagas of our tribes history. Then we must partake in physical trials that mimic the heroes throughout our history. Then we craft something, sacrifice it, and if we are lucky then we meet an incarnation of Stag and begin the rite of passage.”

He trailed off and took a quick drink between songs before continuing on.

“I spent my time as Keeper of the Land at a caern. Never had a pack, just accompanied some now and then to deal with Fey. I thought I knew my place. I thought I knew the world. I was naive and foolish.”

He sighed.

“This spear of mine was given to me by the King of the Fairies as a symbol of trust... I can’t afford to be naive. I can’t afford to be complacent. I can’t afford to be foolish. If I can’t save the Fae... I’ll go down in history as the Garou who failed them.”
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018, 19:10

Zoe nodded solemnly.

"I'm so sorry. A while back we had lengthy discussions with the mages in Galveston. The conversation I found myself in involved philosophizing about whether or not Garou are aberations or proper creations. The mages believe that vampires, Garou, and any other changing breeds are to be destroyed because they are outside of order or reason. We at least managed to convince them to let us live and not outright attack the caern on the island nearby. If it weren't for my connection O'Toole, I'm not sure if they even would have spoken to us at all."

She continued listening as he spoke about his rite of passage and formerly packless life.

"You never had a pack because deep inside you knew you were meant to run with the most unpredictable pack in existance - ours!"

When he mentioned the spear and his vow, Zoe narrowed her eyes.

"Listen here, Eiger. Our former Ragabash was so focused on one task that he fell right into the maw of the Abyss. Saving the Fae is one part of who you are meant to be. A big part, perhaps, but only one part. Our pack has royally messed up more than once and have paid dearly each time, but we do not let our failures define us, and neither should you. We learn from our mistakes - or try to at least - and then we get back out there and keep kicking the Wyrm's ass."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018, 15:47

As Zoe mentioned the most unpredictable pack Eiger’s eyes lit up and he laughed. He then nodded along as she continued speaking.

“Naturally. We do not get the honor of defining ourselves during our lives... that is decided by the people we leave behind. Even if I saved the Fae at the cost of everything else would it have been worth it? That is saving the tree at the expense of the forest. No I would much rather work with my pack to restore working agreements with the pure, destroy this storm eater thing, and then among other things help out the Fae whenever/however I can. That would make a much better story to leave behind.”

He paused and took another drink.

“I actually had called you over here for a favor Zoe. I need a pain spirit. They have the power to teach a gift called Ceridwen’s blood which would allow me to help heal you guys, albeit at the expense of my own health... which I would just have to regenerate. I would even be able to heal burns, or silver damage without an issue. The point is it would be able to save you some gnosis and keep some tricks up your sleeve. Would you be willing to assist with that?”

He looked down for a second before continuing.

“I just haven’t ever had a need for that gift, but now that I’m in pack with you guys... well I just can’t think of a better gift to grab to make sure I am pulling my weight and helping wherever I can.”
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018, 16:54

Zoe smiled a wry smile.

“So what you’re saying is you need me to inflict some pain on you, Carver?”

She punched him in the shoulder.

“Yeah, of course I can help you with that! With all the hurt the guys are likely bringing to the blood suckers outside, I’m sure a pain spirit will be easy to come by!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Shuffle   The Vampire Shuffle Empty

Back to top Go down

The Vampire Shuffle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: