|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Deserved Explanation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eaton

Eaton

A Deserved Explanation  Empty
PostSubject: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptyMon 08 Jan 2018, 17:40

Once the Prodigals plus Fae Carver decided on the general direction they would go to find the elusive mine and started on their way, Eaton maneuvered next to the Fianna. It didn’t make a whole lot of sense to leave Eiger out of the loop- nearly everyone the prodigals had met heard news of the Storm Eater- it was their go-to argument for getting Garou to co-operate after all. Instead of motivated or awed at Rends or Zas’ explanation, Carver instead just seemed confused.
The Galliard couldn't help but feel a little blame, he had actually meant to share their experiences with the corrupted spirit the night before, but that cot had seemed too inviting.

“So, judgin’ from how you’re reactin’ news of the Storm Eater hasn’t made its way across the pond.” Eaton said, “I reckon so you know what we’re dealin’ with, it’d be best if I filled ya in.” He paused and looked at Far Carver, “ But first, ya ain’t prone to faintin’, are ya?”
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 08:29

Eiger shakes his head.

“Fainting is not a thing I have ever been known for. I’d be grateful for an explanation though, there is nothing where I come from that ever mentioned what a storm eater is.”

He paused.

“Based on the way you all speak of it... you’ve encountered it multiple times? Am I right? That seems like a pretty weak apocalypse then.”

He gives a wink and a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 20:03

"Well, the apocalypse ain't here yet. What we've gotten to see so far of it seems like a little sample of what's to come. But I think words don't do it justice. Have a look yourself." Eaton said as he pressed his open palm against Eiger's forehead.  

A tear appeared in the evening sky, and it seemed to peer into the heart of the umbra. A whirling maelstrom snaked though the ethereal before erupting into the physical world. A dark cloud rose into the sky, enveloping the anomaly. This was no mere thunderhead but instead a roiling storm, pulsing with flashes of red lightening like an anxious heartbeat. A stinging wind began to ravage the prairie below, Luna's light failing as the horns of the mighty storm swallowed the stars. Directly ahead of the storm stood a cluster of buildings, seemingly standing defiant of the tempest. They soon quaked as if in mortal fear, before the entire city disintegrated, no, exploded into the wind, swept into the heart of the storm itself. A few piercing screams could be heard for only a second, before the buffeting winds consumed them as well.    

With a gentle nudge Eiger was jostled from the vision. Eaton stepped back into place and said,  "And that's just what a slight caress from this thing is like. I don't wanna find out what a hug is, let alone a handshake."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018, 23:03

Eiger frowned in silence and stared off into the horizon for more than a few moments before responding.

“Who all knows of this threat? What measures have been taken, or need to be made?”

He paused before asking one last question to himself more than Eaton.

“What can i do?”
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptyThu 25 Jan 2018, 20:31

Eaton gave an uncomfortable wince before he said, “Us as a pack have been shownin’ every Garou we can trust that the storm eater means business. Heck, we’ve even managed to convince some wizards how dangerous it is. But beyond that, we were thinkin’ of what needed to be done to ensure our survival. Rends wants to find a way to transport a vast army, and its trickier as we can’t rely on moon bridges. Our Philodox is seekin’ unity between he tribes, thinkin’ that the only way to beat this thing is as a single unstoppable force. Course, the greater part of the Get and the Fianna are thinkin’ that we just need to fight it head on, while Bone Gnawers who see the threat are workin’ on how to find shelter. As for me,”

Eaton’s voiced turned hushed, as if intinctive as he continued, “I think our best bet lies with the Uktena. You’ve seen yourself that the storm eater isn’t as much a monster as an twisted force of nature. If we can’t punch, stab, or bite at the enemy, they may have a way to seal it or rob it of its power.”

At the last question, Eaton raised his brow, “As for you preparing yourself . . . Well, I imagine the Fae here aren’t too pleased with havin; their land torn apart. You might be able to glean somethin’ from them we other Garou mighta missed.”
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptyThu 25 Jan 2018, 23:02

Eiger nodded slowly.

“There is a way to fight everything. Everything has a weakness. If tooth and claw don’t work, we adapt. That’s why we make pacts with spirits, why have gifts and fetishes. The enemy is clever and ever changing, seeking out any weakness... but Gaia herself gave us the tools to do her bidding. We just have to find the right tool. If it can’t be destroyed, it should be at least be able to sealed away, or weakened enough to where we can fight it. I think you may be on to something. As for the Fey... I’ll start to make them aware, see if they have any suggestions.”

He sighed.

“It is disheartening to hear that there are some Garou who would hide in cowardice from this enemy. I understand the idea of self preservation and tactical retreats... but what point is there to preserving yourself when that thing leaves nothing in its wake? It’s foolishness.”

He shrugged and looked to Eaton.

“Maybe that’s just the Get in me talking though...”

Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptyFri 26 Jan 2018, 20:28

Eaton gave an inquisitive look to Eiger as he said, "Considerin' how messy this fight might get, I don't think it's completely foolhardy to try and find a safe place. Sure, there may be Garou who are trin' to just scurry away, but not everyone can be on the front lines. I wouldn't call it cowardice tryin' to find a way to protect kin or human alike to keep 'em out of harms way. But if given the chance to stop the enemy before it comes to that . . . that's the horse I'm bettin' on."

He then asked, "Did they talk about the apocalypse across the pond, and what it might look like?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptySun 28 Jan 2018, 01:05

Eiger smiled at the Galliard’s question as he closed his eyes and spoke.

“Sing as if no one were listening. Dance as if no one were watching. And live every day as if it were your last.”

He opened his eyes.

“That’s been a saying of my tribe since the beginning. We are either living in the past with our history and stories, or we are living in the now. Rarely do we have an eye looking at the future of what is to come. It’s just not in our nature.”
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptySun 28 Jan 2018, 10:18

Eaton smiled in return, “I have the opposite problem; while I see the future somewhat regularly, gettin’ to the past is tricky. The Bone Gnawers disparate nature means our stories got quite a bit’a variety, but its hard to trace ‘em back very far at all. I myself joined ‘em as I had no where else to go, and they were kinda the only Garou in the area at the time..” His voice lost its causal tone and turned harsh, “Course, if I knew half as much about myself then as I do now, that sure as hell wouldn’t have happened.”

He then looked ahead, past the winding hills before them, “There might be somethin’ out here that’s gonna let me make up for lost time.”

He turned back to Eiger, “Say, you said yer part Get. Did you have a chance to join ‘em and turned it down, or were ya always set on bein’ one of Stag’s?”
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  EmptySun 28 Jan 2018, 22:57

Eiger nodded.

“My Mother was a Get, my father was a Fianna kin. I was bound to those tribes by birth. As I grew closer to my first shift I began having vivid dreams of a Glowing White Stag fighting a Bloody Grey Wolf. Eventually I had a dream where I was an active participant and subconsciously I chose the to help the Stag. The rest as they say is history. My gift with the Fae would have been lost amongst the Get, so I question nothing. I am whom I have always meant to be.”

He placed a hand on Eaton’s shoulder.

“If you feel you can be someone else... something different than you currently are. Fight for it. Achieve it. There are means to make your wishes granted. Your pack is here to help you. And for the time being I may as well lend a hand too.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Deserved Explanation    A Deserved Explanation  Empty

Back to top Go down

A Deserved Explanation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: