|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zoe and Aara learn some gifts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Zoe and Aara learn some gifts Empty
PostSubject: Zoe and Aara learn some gifts   Zoe and Aara learn some gifts EmptyTue 12 Sep 2017, 20:50

The moon rose high over the caern the night the Prodigals returned from Conception.  The air felt purer now, knowing that so many leeches had been banished from the earth by Gaia’s teeth and claws.  
Zoe knew that despite their recent victories, the Garou could not afford to let down their guard.  Ford and his men were still nearby.  There was a third town of blood suckers to be decimated.  The witch was still unaccounted for, not to mention Omerta Harris.  Tonight’s reprieve would be welcomed, yet brief.  There was still much to do in the name of the Mother.  
The Iron Rider mother stopped by her home to play with her ever-growing toddler and visit her ever-more-charming husband.  She enjoyed a meal, just the three of them, before putting her daughter to bed.  As she watched her daughter’s chest rise and fall in sleep, she whispered over her before leaving her room.
“You are the reason I fight, my love.”
Zoe joined Connor in the bedroom and enjoyed a brief yet passionate time of intimacy.  She hated to be away from him for so long every time, but she looked forward to a time when they would be able to be together more than they were apart.  She believed that time would be soon.  
She kissed her beloved once more before heading over to the Silver Fang dwelling.  Rourke called Aara to the door and the two Theurges walked out into the night together, talking as they went.  
“Tell me about your battle in Le Chona alongside Mocks the Night.  Did you use any of the tricks I taught you?”

Last edited by Zoe on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 21:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Aara learn some gifts   Zoe and Aara learn some gifts EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017, 11:54

Aara Deadwood had changed out of her worn and dirty clothes, and was now wearing a pale yellow linen dress. Her dirty blonde hair had begun to lighten, bleached by the rays of the southern sun. The young werewolf mulled over the events of the previous day, hesitating before giving Zoe her answer.

"I tried to help fan Inteus' wildfire, but there were so many banes... they got through the wall of flame and I... panicked."

"But only a little," she was quick to add.  

"I didn't think I could fight them all with my teeth and claws, so I offered all of my spirit strength to Inteus and he destroyed the wyrmspawn, thank Gaia."

Aara paused amid the long waving grass and dandelions.

"Maybe I am a poor student. I didn't think much about what I had learned, I just... did what I thought was best. I suppose it worked, but I don't like feeling unprepared."  

"Or scared."

"Perhaps I need to be more like you, Hears-the-Song. I notice you watch the umbra. You see spirits clear as any rock or bramble."

Last edited by The Laughing Stranger on Sat 16 Sep 2017, 15:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Aara learn some gifts   Zoe and Aara learn some gifts EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017, 22:31

Zoe furrowed her brow as the young Theurge spoke.

"You gave all your spiritual energy to a spirit to do your fighting for you instead of using your own Gaian-given teeth and claws?"

Aara seemed to shrink at the Iron Rider's harsh question.

The elder Theurge placed a hand on the younger's shoulder.

"Well done."

Aara looked up in surprise to see Zoe smiling down at her.

"The Ahroun fights with teeth and claw, the Galliard fights with story and song, the Ragabash fights with wit and cunning, and the Philodox fights with truth and justice."

The two slip easily into the Penumbral realm near the caern. A variety of spirits moved about the area representing the tribes and ideals present in the sept.

"The Theurge, Aara Deadwood, fights with spirits and wisdom. In wisdom, you recognized your inability to defeat these foes by hand and chose to strengthen your spirit ally to finish the job for you."

Zoe looked out into the Penumbral night sky, reflecting on her recent encounters with the vampires.

"When I fight alongside my brothers, I rarely use my own teeth and claws. My gifts, fetishes, and spirit allies do most of the work for me. Does this make me weaker than my brothers? Less of a Garou? The Get or the Red Talons may say, yes, but what they think does not matter too much to me."

"In the midst of battle, you do not have time to think about what you have learned. What you have done in training will manifest under pressure. Practice using your gifts, your fetishes, and even your teeth and claws during times of peace. When battle comes, then you will be prepared."

"As far as fear is concerned, it is a natural part of every man, woman, and beast. Do you shun yourself for becoming hungry or thirsty? Of course not. In the same way that you satiate hunger or satisfy thirst with food or drink, you conquer fear with action."

At Aara's last statement about becoming more like her, Zoe smiled.

"Give it time, Aara. When you are ready, I will teach you how to view both realms at all times with ease. In the meantime, let us gain some new tricks from our spirit allies, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Aara learn some gifts   Zoe and Aara learn some gifts EmptySat 16 Sep 2017, 19:14

Aara gave a happy sigh as she listened to Zoe's words about the role of the Theurge and taking action.

"My, that is a relief. I have been in so few battles... doing the right thing can seem tricky with so little experience to draw on."

At Zoe's mention of the Get and Red Talon's, Aara gave a puzzled frown. "Never had the opportunity to talk with a Red Talon. I don't think I'd want to. Hard Rain used to tell nasty stories about them trying to kill Shadow Lord kinfolk in the frontier towns."

When Zoe mentioned learning new gifts, Aara nodded eagerly.

"I am always game for making new friends among the spirits! What- or who, do you want to call on first?"
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Aara learn some gifts   Zoe and Aara learn some gifts EmptySat 16 Sep 2017, 20:55

"Though the Red Talons as a whole have a dark reputation, it is wise to treat any one you meet as an individual and not as a stereotypical representative of their tribe, though at the same time being aware of their typical characteristics."

Aara cocked her head, seeming a bit confused. Zoe smiled knowingly.

"Yes, I know the two statements seem contradictory, but you are a woman of wisdom. You will understand when the time comes."

Zoe thought for a moment then nodded her head.

"Aara, why don't you go ahead and summon us a spider spirit? After that, we'll summon our old friend Inteus. Generally, we do not summon two spirits at the same time as they may have quarrels with one another of which we are unaware."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Aara learn some gifts   Zoe and Aara learn some gifts EmptySun 17 Sep 2017, 03:55

Aara Deadwood set about the task at hand. The Milky Way spiraled lazily overhead over the empty field at the edge of the bawn, the moon nestled among the branches of a tall, lone cypress.

The young Silver Fang murmured her words to the listening spirits, calling across the Gauntlet. Descending from the cypress on a silver thread was a spider longer than Zoe's arm. The manifested spirit was elegant and spined, its slender legs moving with languid precision. The forward facing eyes were wide, round and alert, glinting in the refracted radiance of Mother Luna.

I heed the wolf's cry
Why do you need eight legged things?
Speak. Help me help you.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Aara learn some gifts   Zoe and Aara learn some gifts EmptySun 17 Sep 2017, 15:28

Zoe smiled and nodded approvingly at Aara as the spirit appeared. She shifted her focus to the spider and considered her words carefully before speaking.

Thank you, eight legged friend.
Teach us to control man's webs.
You will be repaid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Aara learn some gifts   Zoe and Aara learn some gifts Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoe and Aara learn some gifts
Page 1 of 1