HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Tough Decisions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Tough Decisions   Mon 11 Nov 2013, 20:26

Zas having just shifted into Lupus turns to head off and bolt towards the farm. His animal instincts kick into overdrive as his form finalizes. As he goes to take his first few steps, he pauses. He stops himself and turns to Zoe and Eaton.

"Wait! This plan is no good. Most of this city will have no defenses if we all run to the farm. This sheriff is not thinking."

He arches his back forcing his head up to a more dominant position as he says, "Cordova wishes to take the city, not it's farms. The plan for us to hunt down unseen foes is unwise. Too much is at risk."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 502
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Mon 11 Nov 2013, 20:40

As Zoe settles into her Lupus form she takes a few bounds toward the farm before Zas speaks. She huffs out a sigh and turns to listen to the Philodox.

"You're right. This all reeks of a diversion intended to draw the defenses away from the city; however, if we let the sheriff and his posse trample all over the farm, we may never know what actually happened there."

Zoe watches nervously as the cloud of dust rises up from the road behind the departing militia and two of her pack mates. Time was of the essence at the farm, but as Garou they were responsible for protecting their kinfolk, who live here in the city. She cocks her head to the side.

"What if we call the rest of the sept to defend the city while we check out the farm? That way our kinfolk are protected and we still get to check out the scene of the incident before the trail grows cold. What do you think, Eaton?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Mon 11 Nov 2013, 23:48

Eaton was taking advantage of the pause to scratch behind his ear, before putting his paw down as his pack mates looked over to him. He hurriedly sat up straight,

"I think you two are worryin' too much. Didn't we already ask Slick-blood to warn the village? I don't think our kind is so dense as to roll over and let down their guard, especially when they know somethin's up."

He bowed his head low, as if he was about to break out into a run,

"I think we should get ourselves to that farm."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 07:11

Zas's fur bristles as he says, "Slick Blood agreed to warn Chief Bowl over at the Cherokee village. The rest of Nacodoches however will be an easy target."

Zas turns to Zoe and says, "At the very least we should warn your sept that the city may be in danger. We can do that and then run to the farm."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 502
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 09:25

Zoe considers her pack mates with a brief though thoughtful look.

"I agree with Eaton. Our sept has been guarding this city since long before we were even born. Nevertheless..."

Zoe turns to All-Friend.

"Could you notify the rest of the sept of the current situation and ask them to be on alert to any incoming danger?  Not that the militia are much to contend with, but with them out on the road, Cordova's men may take the opportunity to attack."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:48

All-Friend nods. "Of course I will. I don't know if Zas' fears will be born out, but I will alert the rest of the caern, although I wish I could try to help mediate the battle. This almost goes without saying, but there is a lot at stake here. Living so near the Cherokee has never been easy, but them raiding a farm seems both out of character and suicidal," the Child of Gaia's features creased with weariness and apprehension as he added, "-even if Cordova is behind it."

He looked each of the lupus-wearing Cliath in the eye. "You new recruits have all done good by me, and Red thinks you got your heads screwed on straight, but I know violence comes all to easy for our kind; please be very careful. Sheriff Wilson is a damn fool but but if he dies there will be significant repercussions for Nacogdoches." The urgent sound of rapid hoofbeats on the road cut All-Friend's words short, and he simply uttered a quick "Gaia watch you," before he set off back toward the Camino Real caern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 14:19

Zas nods approvingly and then turns to the others as he hunches down and braces to take off into a sprint, "To the farm?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 502
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 14:34

Zoe, unable to contain her anticipation any longer, races ahead of Zas and Eaton, sniffing the air as she goes for any scent of the raiders or the Wyrm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 15:16

Eaton watched the swirls of dust Zoe kicked up briefly and said,

"Guess she settled that." before he took off after her.

"Race ya there!" He called to Zas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 15:36

Zas smiled to himself before taking off after the two. He says while flying past them, "I am a silent strider. If I let you two out-run me, I'd never forgive myself."

Zas' feet turn into a blur of motion and barely seem to make contact with the ground as he gains further momentum. His streamlined form seemingly built for speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 502
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Tue 12 Nov 2013, 16:16

Zoe laughs, amused and impressed by the speed of the Silent Strider. She looks at Eaton, running beside her, as her canine mouth turns up in a smirk.

"You're not gonna let an Iron Rider out run you, are you, Galliard? Let's see if your legs are as fast as your tongue."

Zoe expends all her reserved energy to burst into a sprint, though she is no match for the Philodox, who is nowhere to be seen. Only broken branches and startled wild life indicate the strider was ever here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 275
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   Wed 13 Nov 2013, 17:42

Eaton let out a huff among his gasps for breath as he pulled alongside Zoe, almost struggling to keep up with even her pace though he wouldn't admit it,

"I said I'd race him. Didn't say I'd beat him."

He returned a fanged grin,

"Though I'll settle for second."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tough Decisions   

Back to top Go down
 
Tough Decisions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Day 4 - Werewolf 8 - Another Quiet Night
» Pokemon League of Ungentlemanly Warfare
» Tough unit choices in 500 point army roster
» Lunastra from the Nekoth Elder quest- damn it was tough
» Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: