|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger Empty
PostSubject: Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger   Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 20:23

As the moon rose over the White Ash caern, Zoe stepped sideways and wandered about, looking for a quiet, secluded place to meditate and ponder recent events.  She located a small clearing where her view of Luna’s face was unobstructed.  The nearby naturae spirits paid her little attention as she turned her face to Luna’s light.  

A couple of hours later, when the Theurge felt revived, both physically and spiritually, Zoe called out to the Laughing Stranger, but kept her face to the Penumbral night sky.  

“It is a funny thing how life circumstances work out sometimes, almost as if Gaia herself has a grand plan that she simply leads us through.  If we hadn’t gone to see the Ratkin and agreed to the one woman’s quest for information on that disease, we never would have ended up at the doctor’s office, meeting the mosquito spirit, and finishing off Chrysaor once and for all.  I am glad that that monster is no more.  I feel as if my mother’s death has finally been fully avenged.  It is sad to me, however, that another mother had to die in order to put the final nail in his coffin.”

The young woman paused as she processed a new thought.  

“I wonder what Lune Stalker will do now, since she was on a mission from my father to destroy the servants of Chrysaor.”

She shook her head to dismiss the thought.  

“Lune Stalker’s fate is not the most urgent matter at hand.  This upcoming raid on Houston has everyone in a tizzy.  Despite our scouting missions and gathered intel, I still feel so unprepared for what is to come.  As is always the case for our kind, we are fighting on at least two fronts – physical and spiritual – but if we also have vampires, Jose Miracle, Black Spirals, scrags, and whatever those two large creatures are to deal with… I wish there was a way to have eyes in more than one place at the same time.”

She turned to face the Stranger.  

“Any ideas?”
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger   Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 20:58

As Zoe spoke, the Laughing Stranger sauntered up next to her, listening, following her gaze toward the rising moon. He cocked his head, giving her a sidelong look when she asked him for ideas.

"Hmm, well, spying on the Wyrm, that's good, clean fun." He laughed at the absurdity of the statement and immediately corrected himself: "well, it is good... maybe not those other two things, though."

A pause. The Crescent Moon grew smaller as it ascended into the heavens.

"Remember that first helter-skelter night in Nacogdoches, when we met?" The Stranger chuckled at the memory. "Red-Oath tossed you into the penumbra with nothing but the weapons in your hands and a few stern admonishments." "I taught you how to peek for a soot bird feather." The eternal laughlines around the Coyote spirit's eyes creased for the umpteenth time. "We've come a long way since then, but that first trick was still a good one, and I stand by it. There is a way to ignore the Gauntlet, to always be able to peek without having to drop whatever you were doing before hand. Sound good?"

The well-travelled Cowboy leaned just a hair closer, his tone growing mock-conspiratorial.

"It is kinda a secret, though. Only wise and cunning Garou are taught this sorta thing... but I'd wager you are ready and able."

Last edited by The Laughing Stranger on Mon 23 May 2016, 20:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger   Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger EmptySat 21 May 2016, 07:46

Zoe laughed and nodded.

"I look back on that night often, thinking of everything I would do differently.  Helping you, or rather letting you help me, is one of the few things I wouldn't change. That and befriending the soot bird."

When he mentioned a way to ignore the Gauntlet, Zoe's ears perked up and her eyebrows rose.

"Good? That sounds great!  Considering all of the foes we're going up against in Houston, I would hate for us to lose sight of either the physical or spiritual realm for even a moment."

She met his mock-conspiratorial tone and leaned in as well.

"Your secret is safe with me."

Zoe straightened up and regained a serious tone.

"Also, I have heard of Iron Riders being able to use magnetism...which I learned about somewhere...to push metallic metals away from their person. Do you know anything about such an ability?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger   Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger EmptyMon 23 May 2016, 21:21

The totem spirit's fond grin grows wistful as he listens to the Theurge. "Well, alright then. I'll tell you what I know, but in return, I want you to help me with something." The Stranger's perennial smile wilted and his tone grew serious: "I have asked Eaton to help me with something. I have questions about my past. I wasn't always a follower of Old Coyote, I figured that much; but when we met your father and learned 'bout what he had become, I started to wonder..."

"This isn't something you can pursue now- all my earliest memories of being far out west, wandering in some rugged, barren mountains. But something- maybe Old Papa Coyot or Mama Gaia herself, who knows- something is drawing me back there. It has been gitting worse ever since the Storm Eater broke loose and started smashing up the umbra."

The Laughing Stranger suddenly shook his boots, rousing himself and striking his lucifer.
"As for pushing and pulling metal, I think you and Zas both want the same thing."

The tip of his coffin nail started to burn, sending a thin line of grey smoke up to curl around the brim of spirit's worn hat. The first few stars winked into the sky above them, and he nodded toward them.
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger   Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger EmptyTue 24 May 2016, 09:45

Zoe's interested was piqued by the Stranger's musing about his past.

"Yes, of course! I love a good mystery and it is so important to know where one came from. How interesting would it be if you were not always a spirit. One day, when all of this Houston nonsense is cleared up, I would really enjoy helping you figure out where you came from."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger   Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoe learns new gifts from the Stranger
Page 1 of 1