HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A servant of two masters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: A servant of two masters   Fri 06 Nov 2015, 21:39

Zas sought out Zoe after coming to the conclusion that knowing as much as he could, would help him make the best decision when it regarded the packs next steps. He had tried asking many of the caern for their support to deal with matters at the caern, and to some extent he'd gotten it. However, the necromantis was not flesh, but spirit and its home was not likely to be nearly as welcoming which was less than encouraging. He needed further spirit guidance-and who knows, maybe even a little spirit support.

When he found Zoe he says in a calm tone, "I think I have an idea for how to be better informed about the necromantis. Adam claims that the necromantis serves the wyrm, but we have nothing but his word to go on, and as it stands I am finding it increasingly difficult to trust anything that leaves his mouth. I know we have done similar things before but.... I think we should summon a servant of Helios. I know that they are likely at odds, as one is light and the other darkness, but if what Nightclaw says is true, striking at the necromantis from the shadows as the Shadowlords have tried, doesn't seem to have worked, maybe we can go a different way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Sat 07 Nov 2015, 23:08

Zoe eyed the Silent Strider curiously then shrugged.

"I suppose gathering intel on this spirit would be wise. We do not know much about it as it stands now. I'll see what I can scrounge up for you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Sat 07 Nov 2015, 23:17

Zas nodded and smiled, "I think it's time I met one of this spirits' brood anyway." He considers for a moment before going and laying his dusk mask in a safe spot, making a mental note to retrieve it once the meeting with the spirit was over. When he returns he looks at Zoe and says with a small chuckle but a face of sincerity, "Probably wouldn't be the best move to meet this spirit for the first time and be waving an insult in its face the whole time...especially since we are trying to gain its assistance."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Mon 09 Nov 2015, 01:34

The penumbra was lit for a moment with a burst of radiance.

A man stood before the two Garou. His shoulders were stooped with age, and his long hair and wispy beard billowed in the wind like smoke. His eyes were the color of the sunset, and the burnt poplar staff he leaned on seemed to be little more than charcoal in his gnarled, scorching grasp. A corona of hazy flame burned around him, dancing and leaping occasionally of its own accord.

"Speak."

The sun spirit's voice was quiet and calm, but his single syllable was underscored by a crackling hiss from his flaming aura.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:59

A little surprised by the spirit's outward appearance, Zas was for a brief moment spellbound, but after hearing the spirit's command, Zas shook himself free of his stupor.

"Thank you for hearing our plea bright, mighty and eternal spirit of Helios. I ask for you in the hopes that you are able to shed some light on our upcoming quest. The spirit known as the necromantis is rumored to have fallen from Gaia, and have forgotten its place. Helios is over all and I wish to know if the rumors are true."

Zas takes a breath, "If bat has truly fallen, I would also ask for your aetherial wisdom on how to best cleanse such a spirit-to show it the true light once more. All powerful Helios has aided my tribe in the past in dealing with other creatures of the night-as such, I seek his wisdom now as the creature we go to face is not of flesh and blood, but of spirit."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Mon 09 Nov 2015, 16:14

"You ask the day about the doings of the night?" The solar being pursed its lips, bemusedly scrutinizing the Silent Strider. "Bat has worked in darkness since the beginning, and was never one who was welcome in the courts of the Helios."

"Your enemy, for that is what the Necromantis is, has always shunned the light. You ask for help in sparing this wretched slave of the Wyrm... but why?" The oldtimer peered at Zas, his eyes twin embers that occasionally flared brightly to life before simmering back down. The spirit slowly walked around Zas and Zoe, his nimbus of light fading slightly as he helped himself along on his staff.

"Your spirit bears the marks of favor of both Owl and the Horned Serpent; it would seem you yourself have an affinity for the darkness... perhaps this is why you wish the Necromantis spared? It is a kindred spirit?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Mon 09 Nov 2015, 19:27

Zas listens as the sun spirit orbited around him and as the spirit finished its query, Zas could feel his internal rage being stirred. Rather than lashing out, he took a breath and calmed himself urging himself to be patient.

Zas when he was certain he could speak without raising his voice any louder than before stared forwards and said, "My pack is strong. We protect Gaia as is our calling. When the corrupt firebird Akna rose to blemish Helios, we took care of her."

Zas pauses, "Yet, as an arbiter-I am also tasked with striving to find balance. In this I see an imbalance. We removed a spirit, now I seek to revive one-if possible."

As he turns to face the spirit he says, "You ask why I would see the spirit spared, I answer I would see it purified. I see no reason to force Gaia to continue to suffer as more spirits fall to darkness-I say it is time to weaken the night-I say the time for a new dawn approaches! What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Tue 10 Nov 2015, 00:57

"It is true you did my master a great service in ridding the Tellurian of the Balefire Phoenix. Lending aid to spirits of darkness is not in my nature, but I am willing to make an exception." The burning eyes closed as the wizened spirit grinned behind his grey-black beard. "After all, day is unappreciated without night."

The spirit reached out towards Zas with his burned staff, but as Zas moved to take it, the spirit withdrew the implement, just outside the werewolf's grasp.

"Restoration of the natural order is a noble goal, and in this, your desires and those of Lord Helios coincide. The madness of the Necromantis is not the only imbalance here, of course. Were I to offer you a way to redeem Bat's avatar, Helios would demand that you aid his ally Falcon and restore the Silver Fangs to their rightful and lofty place as rulers here. Though it is a daunting task, I do not think it too much to ask; you already wish for the rightful King to return, do you not?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Tue 10 Nov 2015, 07:47

Zas nods his head and says, "The silver Fang are the true leaders. It is the right way of things."

After a moment Zas adds, "in addition to this though, I would also offer my future help and aid to any Mokole I have met or will meet should they be in danger. I know I am asking for much, and as such offer much. Balance in chiminage is as just as much importance."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Tue 10 Nov 2015, 15:26

"Yes, I am sure you will treat the children of the Sun with courtesy, Coyote-Wolf; at least, the Corax you dealt with was pleased by the service you performed." The spirit said with a dry smile. The old man extended the smoking staff, offering it to Zas.

"Take this. Contained within the wood is sunfire, the cleansing touch of Helios himself." As Zas grasped the item, he could feel heat surging through the wood, moving beneath his touch.

"This fire can be used to cleanse the Necromantis, but to fully exorcise the taint the creature will have to endure extreme pain, potentially even to the point of destruction. If Bat is not willing to be cleansed, the sunfire may fail also."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   Tue 10 Nov 2015, 15:45

Zas accepts the staff and lowers his head as he says, "Thank you spirit-you're generosity will not be soon forgotten." Zas offers some of his spirit essence and says, "Please take this as my personal thanks for your time and wisdom."

"What name may I call you when I speak of this moment in days to come?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A servant of two masters   

Back to top Go down

A servant of two masters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1