HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zoe

PostSubject: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   Thu 05 Nov 2015, 18:10

After the Prodigals accessed the black crystal, Zoe was at a loss for what to do next. She kept thinking herself in circles and decided it would be best to talk it out with someone. Since this concerned Jana, Zoe figured she'd talk to Eaton first. She located the Galliard right where she thought she would.

"Hey there, Eaton. All this stuff with Anett and Nightclaw is driving me crazy. Would you mind listening and/or talking it out with me, since it has the potential to affect your family directly?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   Thu 05 Nov 2015, 19:05

Eaton jolted up from scribbling in his journal, listening to what Zoe had to say before folding the book shut and putting it away, his exaggerated movements betraying his attempts to hide his rage. He put on a forced smile and replied,

"Sure I wouldn't. Between the two o' us, I bet we can thinka plenty of ways to make Nightclaw's remainder of his life a livin' hell."

His voice only carried the faintest hint of sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   Thu 05 Nov 2015, 20:53

Zoe placed a hand on Eaton's arm and smiled.

"Easy there, brother. It won't do us any good to lose our heads over this. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all of it to be honest."

She sighed and sat down next to the Galliard.

"First off, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about all this when Jana first mentioned it to me back home or when we decided to come down here. She was afraid, and rightly so, that you would be upset about this and perhaps get into trouble with the Shadow Lords. I'd hate to bring her closure about her sister and the news of her husband's death in the same day."

"You're the storyteller. Do you really think it was just Fianna booze that led to their Litany-violating action? It seems like Anett was completely willing in the memory we saw recorded in the crystal. But from what Jana says that was completely unlike her. She was in line to rule and doing everything right. Why throw it all away? And why leave proof for your sister when you could have just died honorably?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   Thu 05 Nov 2015, 22:08

Eaton raised an eyebrow at Zoe, "Ya don't have to apologize for keepin' yer word. I don't think she intended to hide it from me forever; just wasn't a good time to know is all. You saw how I took it when Lera revealed she's the one who threw Jana out. Ya think our first meein' with Nightclaw woulda gone that smoothly if I was suspectin' him the whole time? I mean, I was doin' it already 'cause of his tribe, but I think I woulda given off a different sorta vibe had Jana shared what she saw."

Eaton drummed his fingers on his leg, mulling over the puzzle.

"As the storyteller, I know that it may be one of our greatest laws, but there's plenty of stories where Garou fall for one another. Course, they's often dressed up as cautionary tales when a Philodox is listenin' but forbidden romances and scandals keep on comin' with each generation. Ya can explain Anette's actions pretty easily: She didn't care she shouldn't have been doin' that, her emotions got the best of her."

His eyes narrowed, "Then again, how they were talkin' in that crystal gave some more clues: she was tryin' to work on a way to give him some sorta position when she was Queen. Ya remember that Deliliah warned us about Nightclaw, sayin' that the business with the Necromantis will get us over our heads, but when we spoke to the sept Alpha, he was clearly tryin' to flatter us. I don't think it's that hard to make the guess that while Anett was interested in Nightclaw, he was jus' playin' with her heart."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   Sat 07 Nov 2015, 23:20

Zoe considered his words as he spoke.

"So, you believe Nightclaw was simply using her to gain the position of power he has now? You think her affections were one-sided? I suppose that would be the Shadow Lord way - deception of the deepest kind for the sake of political gain."

The young woman shook her head sadly. "And to think Anett died believing his feelings were genuine. Perhaps that was better than realizing she'd been played."

She cocked her head to one side, regarding Eaton curiously.

"Why do you suppose Anett left that crystal for your wife? According to your vision, she knew its contents would result in both Jana and their father's grave disappointment. Do you think Anett planned to die out there to escape the shame of her indiscretion? And why didn't Jana look at the crystal's message? And how long did she have it before Nightclaw and Lara kicked her out? And was she sick before she got the crystal or was her sickness somehow caused by Nightclaw as a reason to expel her and take the crystal? If so, why did Lara have the crystal and not Nightclaw? Do you think that was what he was after with this sudden move against Lara tonight?"

Zoe paused to take a breath and gauge the reaction of her brother, who was very emotionally invested in the topic at hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   Sun 08 Nov 2015, 00:24

Eaton gave an uneasy smile and a grimace, "Eh, that's mostly what I'm not gettin'. As upset with Nightclaw as I am, I still ain't ready to say he's behind all this. He seemed to care for Anette, but by playin' with her heart I'm sayin' that as Queen Errant she had more than just a pretty face. That's not to say that Nightclaw didn't care for her- it's that somethin' else mighta been on his mind, too."

As for the other questions Eaton just rubbed his forehead and shook his head, "Maybe Anette wanted to leave it behind 'cause she knew Jana saw them and wanted her to know the whole scene. I mean, Jana asked you 'cause she thought her sister was actin' strange. If she saw the crystal, that woulda given her some answers earlier, but it seems there still a gap were missin, ya know? Did Jana mention how long it was between Anette's death and her fallin' ill? I'm kinda hazy on those details."

He then looked away from Zoe for a moment and then gave a confused look to Zoe, "Is it weird I don't really know how to feel about this? Part of me want's to charge up to Nightclaw and start howlin' at him for this injustice but . . . even if he did play a part in this, if Anette had stayed and Jana not gotten sick . . . I wouldn't have met her! I wouldn't even be allowed near her. How can I be that upset when . . . I woulda never known or cared for her? The thing that hurt everyone here the most is what brought us together . . ."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   Tue 10 Nov 2015, 17:44

Zoe shook her head. "I'm still confused on a number of things that we may not get to the bottom of right now."

When Eaton added his silver lining to the whole situation, Zoe pursed her lips. "Hmm...interesting. And if Jana had mated with a kinfolk here, she may not have had a wolf-born child, who could then come back and rule the Silver Fangs."

Zoe chuckled softly. "It reminds me of the biblical story of Joseph. His family does him wrong, then his employer does him wrong, but in the end he says, 'What you meant for evil, God meant for good.' Elijah could be the one to bring power back to the Silver Fangs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   Tue 10 Nov 2015, 20:21

Eaton clasped his hands on the table and said, "I think one thing we can agree on is takin' care of the mess in Houston before tryin' to usurp Nightclaw or raisin' any other sort of hell 'round here. Plus, killing those wyrm freaks is healthy for ventin' frustrations."

Regarding Zoe's reasoning of his son, Eaton added, "I was actually considerin' meditating on that subject, if Gaia's leanin' on that direction for Elijah's future. Especially with the ability to eh, prod the future in the right direction."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw   

Back to top Go down

Zoe and Eaton discuss Anett and Nightclaw
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1