|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weaver and Bear Spirits O my

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Weaver and Bear Spirits O my Empty
PostSubject: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyThu 22 Oct 2015, 14:31

Zas approached Hears the Song as the day was beginning to come to a close and offered her a pat on the shoulder as he says, "I admire how diligently you have been in this search for the truth. I hope you are able to find out what really happened to the queen Silver Fang, for I think Jana is not the only one who is long overdue in getting what's coming to them."

Zas walks beside the theurge for a long moment before he says, "The information we gleaned about Houston does not bode well. It would be prudent to prepare for the days ahead-to the best we can anyway. To that end, I was hoping to speak with a few spirits-one a weaver spirit, and the other our friend Kaermode. Do you think you could help with that?"
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyThu 22 Oct 2015, 15:09

Zoe nodded slowly. "I can always request that spirits come and meet with us, but they are welcome to refuse, take their time, or be downright unpleasant when they arrive.  I will begin by summoning a jaggling that serves Weaver." The Theurge concentrated. Drawing forth a spirit who had the knowledge of the Weaver while still maintaining the sanctity of the Caern would require care. She took on Crinos, chanting words in the First Tongue that would please the Once-Spiders.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptySun 25 Oct 2015, 15:21

The Gauntlet wavered for a moment and a brightly patterned cockroach stood before them. It's armored hide was criss-crossed in electric blue that depicted a web, alive with countless spiders scurrying too-and-fro. The spirit's words took on a musical quality, not as penetrating as the OneSong, akin to the purr of toothed gears spinning in harmony.

Another Roach's Child.
The pleasure is all mine. Speak.
Kilakac'n will help.

Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptySun 25 Oct 2015, 16:28

Zas stepped forwards and took a knee, "Kilakac'n. Thank you for hearing our request. I, All Friend wish to learn from you. Our pack prepares to venture into the heart of one of the great cities of man to cleanse it of the wyrm. I wish to learn how to cow the bullets of our foes which are numerous. As chiminage I offer whatever best suits you."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptySun 25 Oct 2015, 22:48

The iridescent spirit re-oriented itself facing Zas B'ul. The spiders covering the Naturae's body scurried away, leaving a shell that was a lusterless white, like fresh bone.  

Whatever suits me...
Your magnanimity is
A rare thing, Owl's son.

Weaving amid winds
Of powder shot and hot lead,
this I can teach you.

Give me a boon-
Your path winds toward Houston.
Kill its Rust Spiders.

Kilakac'n gave vent to a cold, chittering shudder that might have been a laugh.

Last edited by The Laughing Stranger on Tue 27 Oct 2015, 13:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptySun 25 Oct 2015, 23:41

Zas nods once, "By the time we finish with Houston, I have a feeling it will be much more to your liking. You are of great worth to Gaia, your work should not be impaired."

Zas raises his head, "I will not keep you from your tasks further."

Zas then turns to Zoe, "I am beginning to think burning down the whole city may just save us time. We probably shouldn't spend much more time away from there for I fear if we do our list of foes will only keep growing."

He pauses, "I can only hope Kaermode is in a good mood."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015, 19:30

Zoe sniffs out a mirthless laugh.

"You might not be wrong about Houston, but don't you want to go in there just to see how many foes we'll be taking care of with such an act?"

When the Silent Strider mentions Kaermode again, Zoe slowly shakes her head.

"Now that I think about it, we really shouldn't summon Kaermode. He's a caern spirit now who really shouldn't leave his protectorate. There are other bear spirits we could summon though if that will suffice."

Zas nods and Zoe begins her summons.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015, 20:03

Zas gives a quick glance to Zoe, "I wasn't serious about burning it all down. There may be a great many evil things there but I doubt every human who dwells there is some form of mockery or wyrm slave. I think us scouting out the city first will be needed if we hope to stand a chance of victory."

He thinks for a minute, "Killing a bunch of spider spirits isn't going to be easy. This gift will be difficult to get but in the long run, I think it will be helpful. Then again nothing we're about to try and do will be easy."

At her mention of Kaermode's new responsibilities he sighs, "I hope whatever spirit that comes will be willing to speak. There's much I have to discuss."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015, 20:08

A hoarse bellowing roar issued out of the trees behind them, and barreling through the undergrowth came a great, broadchested man. A long and coarse brown beard framed a flat, broad face, and his hair was tangled with the odd twig or leaf. His hands were long-nailed and spattered with honey, and his breech pants were similarly besmirched with the sticky golden liquid. The mild drone of bees accompanied him, a few of the fat yellow insects trailing through the air in his wake.

"Ah, the wee Prodigals, what can I do for you?" His voice was a deep growl tinged with amusement, and seemed somewhat familiar...
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015, 20:38

Zas nodded to the spirit recognition of the pack and breathed a sigh of relief as the spirit seemed content and relaxed.

Zas smiled at the spirit and said in the tongue of the spirits, "Thank you for coming so quickly. It is good to see you found some honey to fill your belly. I have requested your presence for two matters-both regarding seeking knowledge."

Zas sits as he begins, "First, I wish to learn a gift that will allow me to walk about unharmed regardless of my surroundings. In exchange for this, though your belly may be full, I offer this." He lifts up bits of his own gnosis.

"If this pleases you, I would also speak with you on the matter of the Gurahl. Do you know of them?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015, 03:00

"Though your gift is generous, I am pretty well sated," the wild-looking spirit scratched idly, his meaty paw leaving a new honeyed stain on his garment. "The, uh, gift I suppose I can manage, if you promise to do me a favor at a later date. Nothing too wild, on my word, just lost something that belonged to my folk and we'd like to see it returned, is all."

He swatted distractedly at the lazily circling bees before remembering Zas' other question. "As for your other question, of course I know of 'em, do I shit in the woods?"

The bear spirit let out loud rumbling guffaw.

"I am curious to hear what matters concern the mountain guardians and river keepers."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015, 10:51

Zas nods in acceptance of the chiminage.

At the spirit bear's comment, Zas chuckled. However, at his last statement Zas cleared his throat as he said, "I know little of the bear fera. What I know is that long ago-the war of rage took a heavy toll. The reason I am told that the Garou fought the Gurahl was to do with their refusal to share knowledge of how to awaken the dead.

I as one of owl's children feel that the dead should remain dead. Yet it seems that in at least some instance the gurahl-protectors of Gaia saw fit to revive the dead. My question is this-what do the gurahl see in the hearts of the Garou that made them unwilling to share their gift? Are the Garou unworthy of such knowledge for some reason?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015, 13:31

"You werewolves are always about conflict, violence, war. Spilling blood, it is more than just your nature- it is why you lot exist at all." The bear spirit grunted, shaking his big shaggy head. "Bear and his cubs aren't that way. We can take your head off if you make us mad, sure, but that is not our purpose. Gurahl are healers and protectors."

When Zas mentioned bringing the dead back to life, the spirit gave him a sharp glance. "The War of Rage was a long while back, before your grandfather's grandfather's grandfather was whelped. Who told you that the Gurahl can do these things?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015, 15:12

Zas nods at the bear spirit's claim of what makes up a garou. When he mentions their ability to take off heads, Zas smiled, but took a small step backwards to provide ample space for the bear spirit to speak but also to give him some buffer space should the spirit grow flustered and Zas need to flee.

At the spirit's question, Zas tilts his head, not out of confusion, but trying to recall where he'd heard the tale. Zas looked back to the spirit and said, "My grandfather, Watches-the-Sea told tales of some of the fera around our campfire when I was very young. How he knew of them I do not know. What little I know of my tribe and of the history of the garou has come from him and my father."

Zas after a moment adds, "When my pack first awoke the spirit Kaermode, he was able to revive me from death, so it is possible that there is some truth to the tales." He then sighs, "I am not trying to stir up old wounds or ancient grudges, I am merely trying to see if I can gain wisdom from those who have gone before me. I know there is a powerful rite that can restore slain garou. I am trying to decide now who is worthy of knowing it or if it is a thing best left unspoken. I take this matter seriously because depending on how this information is handled; several violations of the litany could occur and I would not have that happen."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015, 15:49

"Kaermode was an avatar of Mangai, and his powers over life, and death, were great. He must have seen something great in you, to pull you back from the brink of eternity." The bear spirit gave Zas an appraising look before slowly continuing:

"As for what you heard or think you know, all I'll say is this: Bear and his children have secret arts, but the most potent aren't to be used on Garou, or anyone who might abuse such things. This isn't 'cause of some old grudge, either- the Gurahl are smart, and wise." Titanic shoulders hunched forward as the spirit leaned into the space Zas made by backing up.

"Imagine bloodthirsty warriors enslaved to their rage, charging into battle, only to be resurrected should they fall. How fearless and arrogant would the Garou become?!"

"No, the wolves of Gaia should hunt and die like all others, as is Gaia's way."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015, 16:11

Zas gives a surprised look to the spirit when he mentioned Kaermode reviving him bearing a higher purpose.

As the spirit continued Zas nods in agreement, "Thank you. Your words have been very helpful. I look forward to the day I can return your favor."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weaver and Bear Spirits O my   Weaver and Bear Spirits O my Empty

Back to top Go down

Weaver and Bear Spirits O my
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: