|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friendly Mercenary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015, 14:31

Zas B'ul having gotten a decent nights rest, rose early the next morning before dawn's first light to try and catch a bite to eat. It took little time to find good and plentiful game in the area, however catching said game proved more challenging. Zas started out his hunt chasing down a rabbit that was startled by his appearance in the brush. Similar to his meeting with the hare spirit, the creature proved nigh impossible to catch in the wooded undergrowth. His futile hunt for the rabbit eventually led him across a family of weasels that scattered in multiple directions upon catching his scent. When he had just about given in to the idea that he would be going hungry for the day, the day's first sunbeam shone through the trees to rest upon a large fallow stag just ahead in the distance. The creature seemed to have a gaze that pierced through Zas and for a long moment, the philodox did not move-his mind was lost to the past.

The freshly fallen thick cold and wet snow of the mountains all around him, when he was out searching for food for his tribe and came across the deer which led him on a grand chase so many moons ago.  It was a simpler time then. No Black Spiral to contend with, not Get coalition to worry over, no all powerful Wyrm to think about. Just the winter survival of his tribe, and a belly in need of filling.

The Silent Strider stirred from his thoughts. His focus back to the task at hand. He made to draw his bow, and notch an arrow. Yet when he looked up at where the deer had been to judge his shot, he saw only more woods. Cursing himself internally for wasting such a good shot, he trekked his way further into the woods to where he assumed the deer had been. As he drew near the spot he had seen the creature, Zas found nothing. As a breeze blew past him, however he caught whiff of another garou.  He looked all about him and saw nothing, but after a moment a familiar figure appeared, a black wolf, her fur flecked with dew. Scaith stood before Zas, her posture communicating curiosity as she stood back, watching.

The Silent Strider gave an inquisitive look to Scaith. "I had thought my morning hunt was unlucky, but it would seem to be quite the contrary. I had hoped to speak with you again during our stay here, as I have many questions. Would you speak with me now or do I disturb your own hunt?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015, 17:41

The Fianna paced round Zas, her tail swishing playfully through the air. "Asking questions is always good." She nosed at his feet, her muzzle twitching as she got a good whiff of the Silent Strider's scent. "You smell like dead things. Why?"
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015, 21:22

Zas smiled at the question and says without hesitation, "I've never met one of your tribe before. I assume you have likewise never met one of mine. We are known for our relations with the restless dead. I have led my pack on a few adventures into their realm-well guided anyway. I would not be surprised if the scent of that place still lingers."

Zas gauges her for a moment before continuing, "I also have an agreement with one who has given me a defense of sorts against the claws of the dead."

Zas shifts to his black furred lupus form himself and points out the scalp that had been woven into his fur.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015, 16:04

Scaith eyed him warily, cautiously sniffing at the grisly trophy before snorting and shaking her head to and fro, as if to expel the odor. "Have smelled other pups of owl. This is not the same."

"They smell like perfume, dry skin, corpses preserved in sand. You smell like souls, and the Harvester's wound. I do not like it." The Fianna took a step back, her tail raising in alarm. "What do you want of me?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015, 16:46

Zas lowered his ears and curled his tail as he backed away saying, "Apologies. I do not wear this mark lightly. The dead things hunt me. The smell protects my pack from harm."

Zas stares at her and says, "I had hoped to learn of your tribe. You are the first I met. Will you answer my questions?"

As Zas sits down he paws at the dirt in front of him and says, "Why have you come here? Your alpha says you are mercenaries. Are all of your tribe this way?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptySat 17 Oct 2015, 17:10

The Fianna wolf listened, and seemed to relax somewhat. "Like a scar. I do not like this, but I understand."

Scaith shed her form, slowly bending upward until she stood before Zas wearing a human guise. Her hair was deep brown, almost black, with a riot of dark freckles all over her nose and cheeks. An old narrow scar slashed across the bridge of her nose, and it was about the only place she did not have have sunspots. She grinned and took a breath.

"Four legs is better for running than story-telling. I came here because I wanted to. The old territory was good- very good. Hunting in the woods by the sea and smelling the salt and the trees and your prey all at once- it is something you have to be there to experience. Perhaps that may make me a poor teller of tales, to say you had to have been there, but it is true."

"It was small though, the wild place that I loved. When we received word that many of Stag's pups were going across the sea, I wanted to come also. See new things, bite new things. I am sure you understand the draw."

"I had known Brave-in-War for many seasons. He said that I should join his pack, get some of the wandering out of me. I agreed, and traveled with him to across the sea and over the mountains. Saw many waterfalls and summer storms, blizzards that would freeze your paws until they fell off. Fought giants and monsters and men. Came here when asked to." A lupine grin split her freckled face, and Zas got the feeling she would be wagging her tail if she had one. "Are those answers good?"

Last edited by The Laughing Stranger on Sun 25 Oct 2015, 15:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptySat 17 Oct 2015, 18:24

Zas nods as he says still in lupus with a sad tinge to his speech, "My home was far from here. The hunting was good there. It was not small. My family is dead. No home left."

Zas then reverted to his human shape as Scaith finished her tale, his ears remaining at attention as she spoke. At her mention of him likely understanding the appeal being on the move, Zas gave an understanding smile.

When she initially asked her question Zas nodded again and said with a smile but wore a confused look, "They are good answers, but I don't understand. If you came seeking adventure and like to wander the road-why do you all remain here? Is your season for wandering over?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 13:56

"I have found travel changes the heart. I did not expect this, but I am not the same wolf I was when I left the old Caern by the sea." Scaith's grin dwindled into a wistful shadow of her former expression.

"We have a duty to do here, but there are some Fianna who ask the same questions as you. Some would say that we are growing fat and idle, that we are not aggressively pursuing the Wyrm. Brave-in-War is not popular among all of Stag's children here, but he is Warder and he drinks with the Shadow Lords and Silver Fangs." The Fianna ran a hand through her unruly hair, pushing it back out of her pensive green eyes.

"Some, when drunk or angry enough, say the Warder is a coward, or Nightclaw's lapdog. I am not sure which is worse."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 16:34

Zas rubbed his hand on his chin for a moment as he considers the information.

After a moment he says, "You seem to hold your alpha in high regard-that is good. Based on what I have seen-he is no coward and you do still fight the wyrm. Wolves should protect their territory-it is the way of things, so I understand your duty."

He pauses, "Who do you feel Brave-In-War best serves? He protects this caern, and in so doing serves Gaia. He is your alpha and thus serves the needs of the pack. Yet when it concerns the Silver Fangs and the Shadowlords as opposed to his own tribe-there is less distinction. Your words seem to say that the other Fianna feel he is not in one accord... What do you say?"

Zas adds, "I ask because in my travels-knowing where people stand has helped me to bring about some unity between the tribes, if only a little bit. Our pack is known for many things-foremost among them, bringing the plans of the wyrm to the light. We have been tasked to help remove threats in Houston-if there are Fianna who might have some desire for bringing the attack to the enemy there may be a way to ease some of the tension here for your alpha."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015, 00:03

"Some of my pack feel that attacking what sleeps in the city is better than staying here, but it is idle talk. They just feel the moon in their blood, and want to hunt." A small pink tongue passed over her thin lips.

When Zas mentioned that there might be a way for the Fianna to help, Scaith gave him an inquiring look. "You say you will go to the city and hunt? Nightclaw says we protect what is ours and keep the road and river safe, clean of the filth. I think he is wary, and does not want to bite off more than he can stomach." Scaith cocked her head, looking at Zas through her uneven locks. "This is not a bad way for a leader to be... but you say things are changing?"

"Or you plan to do this without Nightclaw, this hunt?" She shifted her weight from one leg to the other, neither condemnation or apprehension in her voice, just mild curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015, 15:47

Zas listens closely and after a minute turns to face her and looking into her eyes says with passion, "We are Garou! All of Gaia is ours to cleanse and protect. We honor the sacred places above others true, but for every place we do not defend-we give the enemy a foothold."

Zas sighs, internally calming himself down as he glances away. "The ruling Shadowlord will not go to the city. He has, as you have said a different view on what he feels responsible for. Our pack has our own business to finish in Houston, but he has added more reason for us to go."

Zas looks back to Scaith, "Our pack is strong but we are strangers here. What I know of this city is that our foes are plenty and hunt on familiar ground. Your tribe and pack is known for many things-the skill in which you fight the enemy among them. Together we could be mighty. The longer we give our enemies to strengthen themselves the more dangerous it becomes for this caern. That is what I see.

The question is, what will you and your tribe see?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friendly Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendly Mercenary   Friendly Mercenary Empty

Back to top Go down

Friendly Mercenary
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: