|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Downtime

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 12:40

After she left Rends in Harriet's saloon, Zoe decided time spent with one of the little ones would do her good. She approached Harriet's house and knocked on the door, hoping to spend some time with the laid-back Ragabash and his little girl.
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 13:23

Mocks opened the door with one hand, holding his child in the other.

"Well hey there Zoey. C'mon in if ya like."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 13:33

Zoe smiled and walked in, holding her arms out for Jasnah.

"Thanks. I just needed a short break from thinking about all that's going on and thought some time with my favorite little girl might do me some good. Your presence shouldn't be too distracting."

She gave Kefka a wry smile then started talking in a higher pitched voice and trying to get the little one to laugh. It felt good to spend time with someone pure, sweet, and innocent, not having to discern her motives or wonder if she was being honest with her. As she tickled Jasnah under the chin, she turned slightly to Kefka.

"So how is Harriet doing? The saloon seems to be doing well as always."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 13:37

Kefka laughed and smiled as he watched his packmate play with his little one.

"Harriet is doing well, much like the saloon.The increased foot traffic has increased sales exponentially. Which is good for us considering she's pregnant again."

Kefka smiled big at dropping that bit of news.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 15:29

Zoe's eyes widened in joyful surprise.

"Kefka, that's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you both!"

She turned her attention back to Jasnah.

"You hear that, little lady? You're going to be a big sister!"

Jasnah giggled and Zoe replied in kind.

"Connor's business is also benefiting from the increased traffic through town, though we have no such news to share. I doubt things will ever settle down enough for me to have the luxury of staying here pregnant. I can't let you boys have all the fun without me."

There's a twinge of pain in that admission, but she does her best to cover it with a smile as she plays with the babe in her arms.
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 16:23

Kefka's smile fades at hearing Zoey's last words.

"I wouldn't mind staying here long enough for you to have a kid. It will give me a chance to be around mine. We can relax, recoup, and help out wherever necessary around the caern here. It would give us a chance to lie low and let our warrants be forgotten if we are lucky. There are a lot of benefits to it. Maybe after dealing with these fetishes and the crap in Houston we can take a break. Rends will need time to build a house and I'm sure he is anxious to start a family of his own as well."

He pauses.

"We're your family Zoey. Whatever you need we'll be there to provide."

Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 16:48

Zoe smiles slightly but keeps her gaze on Jasnah.

"Maybe we'll have the opportunity to settle down some sooner than I think."

She laughs softly and shakes her head.

"I don't even know if Connor wants kids. It's never seemed like a possibility so I've never brought it up."

Jasnah starts to fuss and Zoe tries rocking her to no avail.

"You want your papa, baby girl? Here you go. He's right here."

She hands the girl back to Kefka and takes a seat.

"You really think we'll be able to take a break after Houston? It seems like everywhere we go we just run into more trouble that leads us to another place full of trouble."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 17:01

He takes his daughter back and begins to rock her and walk about.

"I can't say for sure what's going to happen, but I would like a break. I almost died back in Austin... I have a kid and soon I'll have another. Even if just for a little bit I'd like to be a father before I die in the service of Gaia."

He sighs.

"But you are right. Every time we fight the Wyrm it just leads us to another place full of trouble and Wyrm. The trail will have to end eventually though...even if we ain't the pack that will see trail to its end."

With Jasnah asleep Kefka goes to lay her down in the bedroom for a nap. He then heads into the kitchen. Eventually returning with a drink in each hand and offers one to Zoey.

"On to more important matters though... I like Connor jes fine but if plans on fathering your children he better put ring on your finger. You have 4 brothers who will see to that."

He winks at her and chuckles as he takes a drink.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 20:22

Zoe smiled. "You're a great father, Mocks. I'm sure Jasnah will be really proud of most - er some - nah, most of what you've done for Gaia while you're away from her. I'm glad to have met my father, but even after my memories of him were restored, I don't have that many memories of him and my mother. It's weird, though, like something's still missing. I remember living on the streets of Galveston and then I remember coming here to Nacogdoches."

Zoe shrugs then smiles, putting on a mockingly stern face.

"As far as Connor and a ring are concerned, I don't recall seeing rings on Harriet, Jana, or Silke's fingers. Maybe I should be insisting you boys do right by your women before you worry about Connor doing right by me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Downtime   Some Downtime Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Downtime
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: