|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Old Race for a New face

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

An Old Race for a New face Empty
PostSubject: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 00:47

Zas ventured forth to the Camino Real caern stepping sideways in a search for Walks with Spiders. He watched in a pleasant mood in lupus form all the Umbral spirits interacting with one another. Zas noted the familiar face of Papas Stagecoach and nodded in reverence when the spirit made eye contact but kept his distance as he saw a few of the local spirits who tended to congregate near the caern totem moving about.

He closed his eyes and let his senses try to direct him to the Iron Rider theurge. He had felt Zoe needed a chance to be at peace after being on the recent rough road and time spent with kin would not be wasted.

The Silent Strider inhaled deeply and tried to concentrate on discerning the scent of his intended target as the Umbral breeze blew around him. He felt Walks with Spiders could best aid him in his desire to Summon his spirits. The question remained if she would...and if she would-what her repayment would be.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 18:17

Zas located Walks-with-Spiders in short order. The old silver-streaked Lupus was seated under a twisted evergreen tree, watching an orb weaver gaffling spin webs of ephemeral gossamer. Her ear twitched in his direction, her tail swishing in anticipation as she wheeled to face him.

"Greetings, Adren. Glad am I to see your pack returned alive to us. What do you hunger for?"
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 19:14

Zas nods to the theurge and says, "Be at peace Walks with Spiders. It is good that I find you. I hunger for the truth, for justice, for honor, and knowledge. All of which I hope--I know, can be found in the realm of the spirits."

He bows his head to her as he says, "Our pack theurge is in need of some time to be with Gaia, and I had hoped you may summon a couple of spirits for me."

He looks up to her and says, with a look of firm resolution "If you are willing, I'd like to speak with a spirit of Jackrabbit and then a turtle spirit that I know. In payment for your assistance, I offer the names of the turtle spirit you summon and the name of the river spirit we befriended recently-who was not willing to part with his name easily."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptyMon 03 Aug 2015, 14:46

The old wolf cocked her head, her tongue lolling out of her mouth. "Such a strangely said thing. Gaia is with us always, nothing would be without her. If Hears-the-Song hunts for Gaia's presence, she need not look far."

Walks-with-Spiders began walking away from the center of the caern, into the penumbral wood that hedged the bawn. "Jackrabbit will come swiftly, but in what mood, there is no telling. Wild energy comes to Hare and his drove this season."

The theurge let out a long piercing cry that shivered through the boughs, leaves and needles of the coniferous forest. It was authoritative, but also a hunting call, signalling the thrill of the chase and oroborous struggle for survival. Walks-with-Spiders had scarcely finished before Zas saw movement in the undergrowth: a long, sleek shape blurring into a run in the corner of his eye. He took on the shape of the Lupus and dived after it, the smell of his spirit-quarry hot in his flaring nostrils.

Walks-with-Spiders followed after, but soon was lost between the towering trees and sprawling growth.

Last edited by The Laughing Stranger on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 16:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptyMon 03 Aug 2015, 19:53

Zas bobbed and weaved his way around trees and bushes. The woodland scrubs were familiar to the Silent Strider...yet it seemed the jackrabbit spirit was his perfect match.

Had the pair been out on the open desert sands, on a straight flat out sprint, Zas felt confident that he could outpace the creature. However, here in the umbral woods, it was he who quickly found himself losing ground.

The spirit moved quicker than Zas had ever considered going. The furred umbral creature made dozens of sharp quick hair-pin turns, ran in circles, doubled back in its path only to bolt forwards between trees seeming to anticipate the philodox' every move. Zas would lean in and snap at his right only to find the spirit already fleeing away through the underbrush to his far left having run under his feet. It was maddening.

At one point, Zas found himself mere inches from the creature and stretched out his body to give his jaw some extra length and just as he went to chomp down, the jackrabbit dropped down a hole causing the Silent Strider to clamp down hard on empty air. His fury raging inside, the Silent Strider whipped around to begin furiously digging down the hole only to have a strong uppercut land squarely under his jaw. As the Silent Strider reeled back from the blow a branch of a mesquite tree covered in thorns slapped him across the face as he heard the scurrying of feet just ahead.

Even when he asked the spirits for a boon to his speed, it appeared the creature was prepared to match him. It became quickly evident that the creature was in its element and Zas was going to have to change tactics if he was to stand a chance at just catching a glimpse of his elusive prey.

Zas leapt towards a nearby tree and began climbing, lengthening his claws to get a firmer grip. When he felt he had a good view of the area, Zas quieted his breathing and silenced his movement and waited and watched as his totem would.

He watched as the Spirit returned and completed its circular movements. He noted that the Spirit seemed to slow its pace slightly and began to move in slightly more predictable patterns-though they made no sense to Zas. The jackrabbit spirit was still cautious as was evident by its periodically stopping lifting its head and twitching its ears listening, but when at last the creature drew close to Zas's position, the Silent Strider leapt from his perch and noiselessly fell upon the unsuspecting spirit.

The jackrabbit recovered quickly from its initial surprise at the Garous sudden appearance, and tried to make a mad dash away, but this time Zas was ready. He pounced forwards ahead of the spirit cutting off the escape route, and nipped at the spirits feet driving it forwards and out into the open.

The spirit was still quick, but Zas having chased it out of its home, was better able to track and stay with it. The two drew close to a dry creek bed at which point Zas pressed his right clawed paw forwards and pinned the spirit to the ground.

In the speech of the spirits he says taking deep breaths from the run, "Great Jackrabbit-Snowy Owl seeks your knowledge." He lessens the pressure on the spirits form slightly as he says, "I wish to learn how you leap to safety out of dangers talons. My pack often hunts the wyrm in the territory it claims, and I would have it that I can elude the wyrm as your children often elude capture."

He gives some of his essence to the spirit to heal any injuries he had given during the chase as he says, "Will you teach me?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptyThu 06 Aug 2015, 16:20

"Is this the season to run, or to fight, wolf-brother?"The spirit twisted in Zas' claws, hitting him twice in the face, the blows striking Zas sensitive muzzle in rapid succession, making the philodox see red. The small spirit-animal vanished, and before Zas stood a lanky Indian garbed in rabbit hide leggings. Adorning its feet were vicious clawed moccasins held in place with uncured hide. The spirit's long face was hidden behind an uneven mask of hare skin, the empty furry ears straggling back to intertwine with long black locks. Wide brown eyes stared out at Zas, burning with feverish intensity, totally devoid of fear.      

Then the spirit vaulted away, hurtling up and over the tree tops in a single cork-screw leap. His own anger threatening to get the better of him, Zas howled and sprang after Jackrabbit, and to his shock he discovered that he could follow his quarry easily: the wind filled his ears as the east Texas woods fell away beneath him. The penumbral clouds appeared to swell in the moonlight as he neared them, and the Silent Strider could hear the calls of nightbird gafflings far below. Zas' rage was forgotten as he heard Jackrabbit's crazy drawn-out guffaw; the laughter was carried back on the wind as the spirit began his descent, flying downward like a tatterdemalion meteor.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptyThu 06 Aug 2015, 16:59

Zas followed after his spirit teacher-all the way down. The umbral mists whooshing past his face-filled Zas nostrils full of scents of the forest, of energetic frenzied revitalization, of spring. It was both cleansing and overwhelming. When the philodox landed, his head was in a rush and it took a moment to orient himself.

His thoughts began to settle and he considered the question posed by the jackrabbit spirit. When at last his words formed-having lost sight of the furred spirit, Zas howled out to him, "It is the season of cleansing. It is time for a purging. This is a season of both. We chase. We fight. We slay."
At this, the Silent Strider leapt once more into the umbral air growing more accustomed to the sensations this brought on with each new leap made his way to Walks with Spiders-the lupus elders scent growing stronger carried by the wind.

Upon reaching near her location, Zas howls to her, "Jackrabbit was in a sharing mood."

He adds, "I hope the same can be said for Ulinawa."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptyFri 07 Aug 2015, 22:11

Zas found Walks-with-Spiders resting beside a small green pool in the penumbra. Her tail swished as he rejoined her. "Jackrabbit and your Coyote are not so different. A wise fool is he." The Iron Rider licked at her scarred forpaw, her tongue tracing an old wound that seemed to have been stitched up with a thread of copper wire.

"The turtle awaits."

The water smelled like old wet pine needles, and as Zas approached he saw the familiar rune-etched shape of Ulinawa resting below the surface. The top of his graven shell crested the water, and ancient watery eyes fixed upon Zas.

"We meet again, Silent Strider. Why have you called me from my river? It is for a good reason, I trust."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptyFri 07 Aug 2015, 23:00

Zas nods to Walks with Spiders and smiles as he says, "There is wisdom in all things if we look hard enough. Even the foolish can teach. It is the greater fool who does not heed his experiences."

At her announcement Zas bows his head and leans in close as he whispers the Colorado River spirits name to the Theurge before turning to go speak with the Ulinawa.

As he approached Ulinawa the philodox took off his moccasins as he entered the water respectfully. He then at eye level reaches to the spirits carved shell and says, "I have called you here to speak of middle brother. There are many of the pure ones who feel that middle brother is lost to us. I would lay challenge to this."

Zas gestures to his dusk mask as he says, "My ancestors were long thought to be no more-my tribal homeland thought to be lost forever. Even some of my forefathers names and deeds were deemed gone. Yet, as I stand before you today, I can tell you that I have been to the lands of my ancestors. I have walked the very ground. It is not lost to me."

Zas traced the Garou glyph of remembrance on the turtle shell as he says, "I tell you this to give you hope. I tell you this to show you that something being lost does not mean it's unreachable or that it's lost forever."

Zas then turns to the spirits face as he says, "it is my journey to unite all the tribes of Gaia. This includes the Croatan. I seek you for knowledge. I ask if there are any of middle brothers ways that you could share with me that I may be able to use in hopes of one day restoring them, or at the very least keeping their memory alive."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015, 15:23

Ulinawa did not respond for a long, long while. The turtle's protuberant eyes shone unblinking in the moonlight, and eventually its spade-shaped head dipped down, leaving faint ripples to break unfelt across the Zas' chest. Finally it spoke, the words slow, methodical almost to the point of pain: "Unexpected is this request. I have spoke little of Turtle's children for many years."

"Your calling is noble and true, yet the tribe of which you speak is gone. They gave all to overcome Jipijka’m, the Soul Eater, if but for a little while. Know that they cannot be restored, unless Gaia herself remakes all things."

"Instead, honor their sacrifice."

"The Croatan were mighty in spirit, their convictions unassailable as Great Turtle herself. They earned the respect of many allies on either side of the wall between worlds, not least of which was Helios himself." The scarred shell of the spirit animal radiated a brief glow, as if Zas got a glimpse of some distant, dying ember.

"You are a lawbringer. Your just rage makes your judgements carry weight. Helios gifted the truth-seekers and judges of the Croatan a boon, one which can set the guilty alight. This can be passed on, for though I am of the river, this gift I remember. You wish to honor the memory of the Middle Brother? Walk the middle path. Find understanding wherever you are able, do not lash out blindly nor deliberate over-long. Level-headedness, moderation, and quiet strength- these are things most value by a Croatan."

Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015, 19:28

Zas face initially saddens at Ulinawas words but becomes brighter as he continued to listen. His ears twitch slightly at the mention of Helios and he says more to himself than anyone..."I'm not quite certain what to make of him."

When Ulinawa finished speaking Zas bows his head and says, "You say Middle brother cannot return. Thus I shall make the evil serpent tremble at their memory and remember their fight with each judgement I render unto the fallen."

He makes to back away as he says, "I shall not forget this Ulinawa. Your words offer more than you know. If ever you need aid-call upon Snowy Owl for the gates of Erebus could not stop me in answering your call. I will tell my tribe of you."

As Zas goes to leave he offers up his remaining stores of gnosis and says, "It is not common for my kind to linger, or to claim any place, but I will say this: your sacred river is now sacred to me as well. I will do what I can to aid in its defense."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Old Race for a New face   An Old Race for a New face Empty

Back to top Go down

An Old Race for a New face
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: