|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Defining Moments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 17:48

The Prodigal silent strider plodded along at a leisurely pace-seemingly content with the groups recent explanation of their actions to the Sept Alpha Red Oath.

As the pack began to split up and find their rest for the night, Zas sought out the pack Shadowlord and said, "Did you truly mean what you said to Red Oath-about giving one of the dark fetishes to her?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 18:16

Mocks raises an eyebrow to the philadox as he poses his question.

"Of course I did. She has done more for us than almost anyone else in the nation has she not? I trust her with a fetish over the Get, that's for sure. If you give them a weapon it is only a matter of time before it will be used."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 18:32

Zas nods in understanding and begins walking towards the bawn of the caern his focus eastward as he says, "I don't disapprove of your idea, and you are correct...she has done much for us. I suppose I was just curious if trying to give her one of these was some form of Ragabash or possibly Shadowlord test."

He pauses as he gazes into the distance at something but then turns to face Kefka as he says, "The Get see all forms of strength as necessary to protect Gaia. You- from what you've told me and from what I have gleaned from listening to others who've met Shadowlords...you are different from them."

Zas then turns to keep walking. "These dark tools are powerful, but it's often said that power corrupts. I mean no disrespect to you, but I was curious why exactly you had offered them to Red Oath after her denying the claim to them per the litany."

Last edited by Zas B'ul on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 18:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 18:50

Mocks sighed.

"She had denied them in their current state and I don't blame her. But if they were to be cleansed... I wanted to know if her answer would change."

He pauses.

"Maybe I was trying pushy and get her to take one because who really are we going to give this to? The Red Talons? Absolutely not. What Shadowlords and Silverfangs do we know? None. We know Roaring Jack of course and if the Get cleanse them they'll have first pick...of they don't keep them all. You want one for the pure which is all dandy except you are the only one who has met them... and I ain't keen on given something this powerful to anyone I don't know. No offense. I don't think Uncle Mclod is gonna want one, he'll see them for more trouble than it's worth. The only other place left is the Forked Path Caern... And if Claws of Silk were alive and in charge I'd offer one to her but she ain't."

Mocks looks at Zas and shrugs.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 19:25

Zas turns to face his packmate after a long pause and says, "Did Chief Bowl not count as one of the pure?"

"Please understand, I see entrusting one of the Pure with a fetish of this power as a strong stride in uniting the tribes. I know it would be asking a lot of our Alpha, but offering one to the Pure is a bigger than us."

He sighs, "That said, this decision is dependent upon our ability to cleanse these tools to begin with-a task in an of itself given the powerful taint these items bring with them."

Zas tilts his head to the side with a serious look in his eyes as he says, "Which brings me to my next point-You are a good Beta."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 19:41

Mocks mouth contorts as he rubs the tattoo of Chief Bowl's name on his.

"The Chief counts. He was an exception though. We have met no others... but you have. I think it would be good too unite the tribes. I would be offering one if these fetishes to them...I just want to meet them face to face. I want to trust them and see good in them through my own eyes...not simply by your words, if that makes sense."

Mocks laughs as Zas compliments him.

"And what makes you say that Zas Bal? I mean I appreciate it, but I feel like I can be better and need to be better. I was in harano getting the weapons, and in Austin I frenzied. It kept me alive...but at what cost? The litany was almost torn asunder."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 19:59

Zas nods at Mocks explanation and says, "I can understand this."

At Kefka's question, Zas smiled and said, "You were in Harano-but you overcame it. In Austin you were able to mostly salvage a bad situation-yes, perhaps there is room to grow still but you upheld the litany. In Austin I saw you stand for the pack. When we postured with the Red Talons you did not bandy words or use gifts-you embraced the truth. This all speaks highly of you."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 22:43

Mocks smiles as Zas praises him.

"Again I say your words are appreciated Zas Bul. The dealings with the Red Talons could have gone much worse. They are different from the other tribes. They don't play our games or use deception. They live, kill, and die by the truth. It's quite admirable, and was a welcome change if I am being honest with myself."

He paused to pull out his flask and took a swig. Upon swallowing he let out a content sigh.

"I think it helped you were there. We hadn't come in contact with the fetishes and thus smelt the cleanest. We outnumbered Eaton who smelled tainted. If the entire pack were there the taint would have been overwhelming."

He stops talking and stares at the moon for a few moments, basking in the light of Luna. He then returns his gaze to Zas and studies him.

"Which Pure would you offer a fetish too? I assume it would be your mentor Scents the Lies. If I am incorrect in this assumption please correct me, and tell me why they are deserving."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 23:44

Zas gives a wry grin at his packmate as he expressed his feelings about the truth and the Red Talons. At the Shadowlords question though the smile fades and Zas's brow furrows.

He says nothing for a long while but stares off into the evening distance. When he at last he takes a breath and turns to gaze at Kefka and says, "Scents the Lies would be considered, but I don't know that he would accept. Aside from him I know only one other name of the pure-an Uktena by the name of Direspirit. I believe he was the Trinity River sept alpha."

Zas gazes at the ground as he says, "Direspirit is an Uktena I am only slightly familiar with. He kept his distance from me when I stayed there. He's a man of few words, but he has the respect of all who live at the Caern and allows my mentor to dwell there."

Zas sighs, "It would likely be him that I give the fetish to-...but I would talk with him first. Given that this is not solely my decision though, I think each of us should have a chance to meet with him."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 17:23

Zas rubs his chin for a moment and then adds, "I am curious though-what do you think qualifies a garou as being worthy of one of these tools?"

"You ask me to tell you why I think one of the pure is deserving...I ask you-what makes any Garou worthy of any fetish?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 20:51

"I would be interested in meeting this Direspirit."

Kefka gives Zas a hard look.

"I don't know if any Garou is worthy of holding and using these fetishes. If it were up to me I would say they need to be deconstructed and the spirits returned to their own times. Unfortunately that is not an option though. Even being cleansed they still probably continue to grow more powerful, and all power can corrupt. I don't want to see this happen to my pack so I wish to see these fetishes split up, guarded, never to be used."

He pauses

"I think for Garou to be worthy of fetishes they need a connection with the spirit. With the way these spirits were bound unwillingly I don't see how that connection can be made."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 23:11

Zas looks back off into the distance. "When we returned from Zavala and told the Iron Rider elders of our...errors, they gave us a punishment. We needed to learn to respect our spirit bound weapons they said."

Zas turns and gestures to his bow as he says, "A bow is a weapon that takes skill and time to fashion. It takes training and ability to learn how to be used well."

Zas points up the air and says, "Spirits live in the Umbra. By becoming one with our crafted tools-they are in effect giving up themselves. They will not be able to do as they please, they cannot go where they wish. They form a bond and unite with the wielder. They put their safety, their trust, and their very essence into our hands."

He looks to Kefka, "We each violated that bond when we let ourselves be fooled by the girls. We let the hands of the wyrm caress and cast aside the bound spirits within our entrusted weapons. We are not worthy of the fetishes we carry."

He pauses, "We are not alone. It does not happen often, but it has happened before. Garou who fail to uphold the agreement with the spirits. Yet, still the spirits agree to trust us. Still they remain faithful to us. The spirits alone are worthy."

Zas gazes back to the caern and says, "No, I do not think any garou, Pure or otherwise, deserves any fetish weapon. Were I in the spirits place-I would likely judge all the garou as unfit and unworthy-the Pure and the those of the Nation. It is by Gaia and Luna's unfailing grace that we still speak to the spirits. It is by the honor and worthiness of the spirits themselves that we still work together."

Zas then turns to look at Mocks and says, "The tools our pack now carry-though warped as some of them may be, do not deserve to go to anyone. They deserve better than we could give. When looking for who among the nations could be trusted with such things-this is what I bear in mind.
What I search for-is not who is most worthy, but rather who is most likely to be humbled by the spirit. For it is not in strength that the Garou lack-but in faithfulness."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyMon 03 Aug 2015, 09:23

Mocks whistles and shakes his head after Zas is done speaking.

"Well I'm sure glad you ain't a spirit then. I in Zavala things went bad, but I'd like to think we have rebuilt that relationship with our fetishes and the spirits they house. How do you even expect to judge faithfulness and the humbleness of a Garou. You've essentially discounted all Silver Fangs, Get of Fenris, and Shadow Lords already because we are not humble beings we are creatures of pride."

Kefka scoffs.

"It don't matter anyway... I have a feeling our Alpha is going to want to keep those fetishes close. Especially if they can be cleansed. You heard him when we were talkin' to Tames the Weaver in that alternate time line. Rends is stubborn...it will take a lot to convince him to do anything besides keep them. "

He sighs.

"That's a problem for the future Prodigals though. While here in Nacogdoches I'm a relax with my family; play with my daughter, take care of my pregnant wife, drink a lot."

He starts laughing.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  EmptyMon 03 Aug 2015, 10:35

Zas sighs, "Your tribe does not define who you are. We are each held accountable for our own actions-our own words. I discount no member of any tribe for consideration save the black spiral dancers-who have chosen to reject Gaia. Humility and faith come in many forms-seeing it in a Garou is merely something that takes time."

At Kefka's point of Rends stubbornness Zas smiles and says, "He can certainly be adamant about his position, but he is also capable of seeing reason. We saw this clearly in his hunt for his kinslayer, where he killed the fallen but allowed the pure in heart to be free. He is a good Alpha."

At Kefka's news of his wife being pregnant again Zas eyes widen, and he says in a slightly nervous tone "I suppose congratulations are in order...are you prepared?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defining Moments  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments    Defining Moments  Empty

Back to top Go down

Defining Moments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: