|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Catching Up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Catching Up   Catching Up EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 11:53

After leaving the meeting at Harriet's saloon, Zoe made her way to Connor's shop. When she walked in, he was hard at work and did not notice her. The past few days had left her exhausted physically and emotionally, so she just went straight to the back and fell asleep hard in Connor's bed.

When Zoe awoke much later that day, she saw a cup of coffee on a nearby table. She smiled as she sat up and reached for the cup, but it was cold, clearly having sat there for quite a while. A sharp headache pierced her temple as hunger struck her. Other than the biscuit she barely munched this morning she hadn't really eaten in over a day.

She walked out into Connor's workshop and stood there for a moment, watching him work.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Up   Catching Up EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 14:59

Connor turns to face Zoe and wipes his brow carrying a heated metal rod with other blacksmith tools and douses the metal rod in a pool of water, and looks up to see Zoe as a large cloud of steam obscures his smile.

He lifts the rod up and hammers it twice on the anvil before stopping to survey his work. Satisfied, he sits it down on his work bench and says with his usual Irish Accentrd charm, "Top of da mornin'...or rather should I say, early evenin' missy. I don't rightly know why you bother--it's not like sleeping more is going to make ya' any more of a beauty."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Up   Catching Up EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 15:25

Zoe smiles and blushes as she wipes a stray piece of hair from her eye. "Beauty is way down the list of reasons why I sleep, dear. Some days it's just to gather my strength. Other days...it's to try and forget..."

She trails off as a fresh wave of grief washes over her. As promised, memories of her mother had slowly returned to her. Her eyes glance down into her cold cup of coffee.

"I found my parents, Connor. Both of them. One is now a powerful spirit constrained to the Umbra. The other..."

The young woman swallows hard, choking back the inevitable tears.

"She's gone, Connor. I had the chance to save her, but I couldn't. I was too tired, too slow, too weak."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Up   Catching Up EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 15:56

Without saying a word the Irishman takes off his gloves and leather apron and walks over and gives Zoe a strong, warm, and loving hug. He doesn't release her as he whispers softly, "I'm sorry lass. I'm right here. Cry if you need to."

After several long moments he looks down at Zoe and says, "You are a strong smart woman Zoe. I know you did everything you could for your mum', and if she was even half as smart as you-I know she knew that too."

After a long pause he stands back as he says lightheartedly, trying to change the somber mood, "You said your pa' was a mighty spirit now? I suppose that's either really good for meself or really bad. Good because, I don't have to worry about getting the "talk" about what he'll do to me if my intentions were less than pure concerning you...bad because well, now I know he has the ability to really hurt me. You're holding a powerful hand now m'lady."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Up   Catching Up EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 19:18

Zoe smiles sadly and takes a small step back from Connor.

"It's strange because I really don't know what my mother knew about me right before she passed. According to my father, the same event that resulted in him becoming an Umbra-bound spirit and everyone else forgetting anything they knew about him also completely wiped out my mother's memory. That's why I didn't grow up with her because she wasn't capable of raising me. In the end, she likely didn't even know who I was."

Her sad smile turns admirable as she considers her father.

"My father is amazing. He's an ultra-powerful spirit, but he's still my dad, you know? We were able to grieve my mother together. It really pained him because he, too, felt responsible for her death. That's a long story for another time though."

Her eyes take on a mischievous, almost seductive, gleam.

"My father is very powerful, as evidenced in our battle against an even larger, nastier spirit, but he is also a spirit of memory, so if you find yourself forgetting how to do very important things, like breathing or swallowing, you know who to blame."

She pauses to let it sink in, then she winks.

"Lucky for you, I know a pretty Theurge who is fairly influential with that particular spirit."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Up   Catching Up EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 20:50

The Blacksmith at first just simply nods his head in understanding, but as Zoe concluded her last thought his face grew slightly pale as he gulped.

With a bit of false bravado Connor pipes up, "Luck's got nothing to do with it. Me mother raised me ta' see the beauty in life, and me father well, he taught me how to deal with the spirits...if you catch me drift"
He adds in quietly while reaching for a bottle of whiskey, "Though a bit of O' Brian luck may well play a role if our courtship is to progress."

He pops the top of the bottle and pours two glasses as he raises one to Zoe and says, "To your mother. May she find the green pastures of Dover to her likin' long a'fore the Devil catches wind she's gone."
He downs the glass and refills it as he adds raising it once more with color returning to his face and a bemused grin forming, "An' to hopin' your pa' isn't knowing half o' what I done, and his bein' willing to overlook the rest on account of your good looks blindin' him."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Up   Catching Up EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 21:10

Zoe raises her glass along with Connor and laughs. It feels good to genuinely smile again after all the turmoil surrounding her search for her parents. She motions for Connor to fill her glass again.

"Now my father is a great spirit of memory, but according to him his special spear only stores the memories of great Garou deeds, so your dirty secrets may be safe from him. Key word: may."

A faraway look works its way into Zoe's eyes for a moment before she quickly glances back at the hearty Irishman with a glint in her eye.

"You could meet him if you wanted to. I have the ability to take you safely into the spirit realm with me. If my father is able to answer my summons, you could speak with him face to face."

She shrugs as she takes another drink. "Or I could just find out what he knows about you without you present, then you may never know what I found out."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Up   Catching Up EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 21:43

Connor stops midway through his drink and sits it down as he considers her suggestion with a furrowed brow. After a short pause he sips his drink slowly and says, "I don' know what a great spirit like your pa would have to say to me, but I'd be honored to go with ya wherever we's got to go if'n it would be what makes you happy."

He sighs and finishes his glass as he says, barely concealing a laugh, "If nothing else I suppose I should probably man up and let him know we been seein' one another. Tis only proper....and I happen to believe that our relationship is certainly worthy enough to be added to his spear; after all I am pretty great if I do say so meself."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catching Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching Up   Catching Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Catching Up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: