HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 An important outing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: An important outing   Thu 09 Apr 2015, 18:19

Zas left the meeting with Red Oath quickly making his way to gather all of the supplies he had collected along the packs journey this far. He spent a good portion of the day just outside the city limits near a lit campfire slowly heating and shaping the cedar branch he had in mind to the rough form of a bow. The process was not physically taxing but the constant vigil the Apache gave to the crafting of the wood form, was mentally draining.

As it neared sunset, the Silent Strider satisfied with his work, snuffed out the fire and sought out the pack alpha. As he neared Rends, Zas began speaking in a tired voice, but with emphasis, "Rends, I know you had spoken earlier about us splitting up as a pack being a bad idea, but I've got something that I feel is worthy of reconsideration."

He holds out his rough-looking bow and says, "In our journey as a pack I have been gathering materials needed to create a fetish. It may not seem like much but not having a bow for an Apache warrior is a lot like a Get of Fenris without claws. Since Zavala I have a part of me that I feel is missing. I now have all the needed materials to create a war bow-a weapon far better than the bow I used to carry, and know a teacher who I feel best qualified for this weapon in Scents the Lies."

He relaxes slightly as he says, "In our discussion earlier there was a point brought up that I'd not considered, in that all of our fetish's for the most part are weaver aligned. If we are to bring your father to justice, having a weapon he's got less possible control over, I think would be wise. This can be achieved if I have Scents the Lies aid in the creation of this fetish rather than an Iron Rider theurge."

He then straightens up as he says, with a passion readily evident in his eyes, "The reason I bother explaining all of this is because Red Oath had hinted at us remaining in Nacogdoches while other packs left, and as such you being our Alpha have the final say in who does what especially with the Igohida on the loose. What I am asking is that you allow me to leave Nacogdoches to seek out Scents the Lies and gain his help in the final process of creating this weapon. I'd likely be gone for the majority of this week, but if I'm successful in this process...we as a pack will be made stronger for it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rends the Gar

avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: An important outing   Thu 09 Apr 2015, 21:00

He finds the imposing Fenrir patrolling a mile or so North of town. The large man is hard to find, hiding in the foliage just off the road, but the Apache is able to pick him out soon enough. Rends motions for him to sit and join the vigil as Zas explains.

"I reckon we need every edge we can get fer this. Red said she'd support the mission, so go ahead and make yer Fetish. But I need you back before the week's out."

Rends is idly fingering the gold chain, twining it between his fingers as he scans the area for threats.

"I wanna do this right. I wanna make sure not only we's right with the spirits fer this, but I wanna get the blessing of the highest power I can fer this. I'm gonna perform a Seid, and ask fer Great Fenris to give his blessing in killing that... thing that claimed to be one of his. I want the whole pack there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: An important outing   Thu 09 Apr 2015, 22:06

The Silent Strider took the offered seat and listened closely to the Ahroun's words. When he had finished, Zas gazed at the Fenrir for a moment before saying, "If things are as dangerous as the Elders claimed, we will need all the help we can get."

The philodox considers for a moment before adding, "I will be as swift as the river. Your quest is of the utmost importance and this Seid does not sound like something that is done lightly."

The Philodox looks to the woods and then back to his packmate as he says, "I don't know what all is involved in this sacred duty of yours, but if you need or want more than merely my presence-ask and I will give it freely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rends the Gar

avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: An important outing   Thu 09 Apr 2015, 23:00

Rends thinks for a moment, doing an internal inventory.

"Find fer me a good bundle of misletoe. Fresh as you can find; something pure and clean that ain't got no taint to it at all. Aside from that, all I'll need from y'all is a little blood."

He scratches at the back of his neck, giving the Philodox a rueful smile.

"The Rites of the Fenrir are a little more... old fashioned than the Iron Rider ones they do 'round here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: An important outing   Thu 09 Apr 2015, 23:27

Zas nods. "There is a lot of that plant on the way to Scents the Lies. I will search for the best stuff I can find on my way back so it will be fresh."

The Silent Strider grins as he says, "I would expect nothing less from men of war and tradition."

Zas then stands up and nods to Rends as he begins backing away, but waiting to see if his packmate had anything further says curtly, "I will return."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: An important outing   

Back to top Go down
 
An important outing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» An important letter
» Got an important idea...
» Attention: Important
» IMPORTANT: About Artpad
» shadow priest without meditation

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: