|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? Empty
PostSubject: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptySat 04 Apr 2015, 18:32

A couple hours after Agatha's death, Zoe exits the Penumbra and approaches her pack concerning what to do next.

"The Igohida have promised to cause issues for our caern and families back in Nacogdoches, so clearly getting there must be a priority. However..."

Zoe glances down at the newly repaired Remembrance.

"Papa Samba told Zas, via Ebony, that if we brought him this spear that all would be made right again."

Her face contorts in a bit of indecision. "Now I don't know if "all" refers to tensions between Garou and Mokole or if it refers to Chrysaor and the Igohida, but I am willing to take a chance on him being able to help permanently put our Igohida issue to rest."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptySat 04 Apr 2015, 18:57

Eaton stepped forward to meet Zoe, glad that now she was willing to speak.

"Unless meetin' back with Samba is gonna send us on another goose chase, I don't see the harm in checkin' that out."

He somewhat nervously said, "Course, 'cause we don't know what that guy wants with it, we may wanna spell out some conditions first."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptySun 05 Apr 2015, 13:32

Zas looks at Zoe for a moment weighing her words before then looking at Eaton and saying in a surprised tone, "I would think that you would wish to protect your wife and child before nearly anything else..."

He then looks back to Zoe and says, "I am interested to hear what more the Mokole may offer...he was the first to direct us to the Igohida, so it stands to reason that he may have a solution to them. This spear was given to you though Zoe, so what you choose to do with it is up to you."

He pauses as he looks between Kefka and Eaton as he says to the rest of the pack, "Could we not split our forces? Those with family in Nacogdoches go to defend your loved ones and the others go to hear out Papa Samba?"
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptySun 05 Apr 2015, 17:04

Rends shakes his head.

"Splitting up is a bad idea. Them things is too hard to put down to take the risk."

He considers for a moment.

"I don't trust the mokole. I don't see theys any need to talk to him. We know how to deal with the Igohida: hit em real hard."

He shruggs.

"Crysaior is taken care of, and theys only a few Igohida left. I say we put Agatha to rest and hunt the rest down. We don't need to waste time on the lizard."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptySun 05 Apr 2015, 17:48

"No, no, no.  The Igohida are only the symptom of a greater problem: Chrysaor.  The beast may sleep for now, but his minions still run rampant. There is no way to know how many are left."

Zoe considers Zas then looks back to Rends.  "Zas could run us all up the river back to Papa's road.  Then Rends, Mocks, and Eaton can head back to the caern to help fend off any Igohida attack.  There will be other Garou to take mine and Zas's place until we get back.  With Zas's speed, he and I could be to Samba and back in less than a day. If I don't like what he's offering, I take my spear and we leave, no harm done."

She looks directly at Rends, not in defiance but in hopeful expectation. "But if Samba can put a stop to Chrysaor once and for all, our Igohida problem is then moot."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptySun 05 Apr 2015, 19:44

Eaton looked to Rends and rolled his eyes, "Why don't ya trust 'em? He was willin' to hear us out until Mocks great grandma or whatever went and teased him. We could just ask him what he wants with the spear before handin' it over. At least give the guy a chance."

He wipes a hand down his face, "I agree with ya splittin' up is stupid. Plus, if Red Oath and her gang can't hold 'em off, would one or two of us really turn the tide?"
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptySun 05 Apr 2015, 22:21

Rends returns Eaton's look with a glare.

"Why are you so quick to trust the lizard? The old coot kicked us out fer somethin' done thousands of years ago. Sure he was a little help but how can we say what'll set him off next? Maybe it'll turn out Tycheros done crossed him. Maybe Zas great great great grandma pissed on his ancestors favorite tree. And I bet ebonys trick ain't the kind that'll work twice."

He shakes his head.

"Fact is whatever he might be able to tell us may not even be worth it. He ain't even got his memory; ain't that what mokole is all about? Why would we work with someone Gaia took her blessing from? Is that the kind of folk we should associate with?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptySun 05 Apr 2015, 23:52

Zas listens as his packmates discuss the issue. He turns to look at Kefka and then to face Rends as he says, "If you as Alpha feel splitting up is unwise, the matter is closed. Going to Nacogdoches to aid in the defense of our kin is a prudent course of action. However, our fight with Chrysaor revealed that many were affected by a loss of memories. Whose to say this Mokole was not just another person affected?"

He sighs, "We also as Zoe points out don't know the numbers our enemies have. For all we know this threat against our kin could simply be a lie of the wyrm in order to distract us. The point is, we don't know. Ebony was sent to warn Red Oath, who is capable of defending her own. While I am sure more help would certainly be welcomed, by going to Nacogdoches, all we do is fight a possible single battle. If this Mokole has knowledge available to him now, we stand to gain a victory in the war. Is it a bit of a long shot-yes, but at the very least we would have more information to work from."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptyMon 06 Apr 2015, 17:45

Eaton made an irritated sigh, "Look Rends, I ain't gonna hand over my darkest secrets but I don't see why we should ignore his plea if we're careful about it. Heck he might just be so upset cause he can't remember stuff and that's his whole job."

He pointed towards the northeast, his eyes still on fixed on the Alpha, "If we turn our backs on 'em, we might miss out makin' an ally. And if he turns out to still be an ass, we just forget about him."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 12:51

Zoe sighs as her packmates disagree over their next step.

"Rends, as your pack we will always follow your decision. If you truly believe returning to the Mokole is a bad idea, then we will return to Nacogdoches and pursue the Igohida there. I doubt Samba will be going anywhere, so if we later decide to bring him the spear we may still have that chance."

"I just don't want you saying no to Samba based on false information. I'm not saying that I trust him, per se, but his loss of memory was likely caused by the same thing that plagued me and my entire family."

Zoe's eyes flutter as she glances away. "My mother lost all her memories as a result of my father's altercation with Mnemosyne, which is why I couldn't stay with her as a child. It was nothing of her doing. Samba could be suffering from the same kind of loss."
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 17:58

Rends sighs, resigned.

"Fine. Yall wanna talk to the mokole let's go flap jaws. But he ain't touchin' thay spear till we know exactly what he's doing with it. Ebony can go give warning back home. Are we gonna haul Agatha with us there and back again? That may look a bit funny."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 18:15

Zoe grimaced slightly, regretting how quickly she'd forgotten about needing to bury her own mother.

"No, we do not need to bring my mother's body anywhere near that town. Let's take her back to the caern, ensure everyone there is safe, then figure out where to go from there. Samba will understand if we don't bring the spear to him right away. If he doesn't, he simply doesn't get the spear."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?   Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nacogdoches, Natchitoches, or Neither?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: