HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Thunder and Lightning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zoe

PostSubject: Thunder and Lightning   Fri 23 Jan 2015, 17:53

As their first week at home began to draw to a close, Zoe decided to head out to the caern and summon herself one more spirit. She decided to invite Kefka along in hopes that his presence may gain her some favor with the desired spirit.

"Good evening, brother. I need to summon a lightning spirit in order to learn a powerful new gift. Would you mind accompanying me into the penumbra? First, I'd rather not face such a dangerous elemental alone. Second, as a son of Grandfather Thunder I thought you may be able to vouch for me in the presence of a lightning spirit, as thunder and lightning usually go hand in hand."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder and Lightning   Sat 24 Jan 2015, 14:25

Kefka gives a smile.

"It would be my pleasure to accompany you. I would be interested to see what a lightning spirit looks like."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Thunder and Lightning   Sat 24 Jan 2015, 15:22

Zoe laughs nervously.

"I, too, am interested in such a spirit.  Let's go."

Zoe leads her brother into the penumbra about a mile out past the caern. It already seemed like a storm might be brewing, for the wind was picking up steadily.

"No need to bring any potentially dangerous spirits into the heart of our caern."

The Theurge's eyelids flutter a few times before drifting shut. Chanting in the Mother tongue flows effortlessly from her wind-chapped lips.  As the summons draws to a close, the young woman's eyes drift upward as she anxiously awaits the spirit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thunder and Lightning   Sat 24 Jan 2015, 17:43

A streak of brilliant energy coursed down out of the troubled penumbral sky. As it struck the ground sandy soil flew up into the air, whirling around the coruscating lightning bolt, which had not faded but rather arced and pulsed, a wild beam of white hot light. The dirt and sand spun, crystallizing swiftly into uneven organic glass that curled up and around to merge with the lightning, together forming a composite body for the spirit. The spitting electricity and fractal glass vaguely suggested the shape of a tall, horned humanoid, its face a glowing nimbus of streaking light.

The rumbling of aftershocks of distant thunder formed words: You have awoken the storm. Heyoka answers.

Last edited by The Laughing Stranger on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 22:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Thunder and Lightning   Sat 24 Jan 2015, 20:58

Zoe bowed on one knee in fearful respect of the spirit. She recognized its great power and wanted but a taste of it for herself.

"Great spirit Heyoka. Thank you for answering my call. I have heard of the greatness of your kind, but now I have seen for myself the awesome power you hold within your grasp. I wish to use but a small portion of your power to cause great harm to my enemies - Gaia's enemies. How may I honor you in exchange for such a glorious gift?"

She kept her head bowed as she spoke both out of respect and out of intrigue of the light refracting through the organic glass, which provided quite the display on the penumbral ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thunder and Lightning   Sat 24 Jan 2015, 22:43

Silver is the ally of the storm. Two hands with claws made of molten sand rose before Zoe. In each was a sphere of glowing glass, spinning lazily. The lightning flashed and reflected almost hypnotically within the shimmering orbs.

Here is my offer to you: fashion a rod of silver to gain my attention in the world. Seek out the highest building in this town and place the silver rod there, so that my glory may be seen by all. Then we will have an accord.

The rolling thunder died down, but the fiercely glowing spirit turned to regard Kefka. This time when Heyoka spoke, it was in the singing whisper of the umbral wind: Hail, Stormbringer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Thunder and Lightning   Sun 25 Jan 2015, 07:22

Zoe's eyes grew wide at the suggestion of making a lightning rod of silver and placing it in town. She and O'Toole had fiddled around with electricity a bit, but had never done much of anything with lightning amd certainly not with silver. In hindsight, even before her change silver made her feel a bit ill at ease.

She stands and looks the spirit in what would be its eyes.

"It shall be done. During the next storm, all of Nacogdoches will see the glory of Heyoka."

The Theurge turns slightly to her Ragabash companion.

"Is there anything you wish to say, brother?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Thunder and Lightning   Sun 25 Jan 2015, 21:35

Kefka nods in reverence to Heyoka, and gives a point of Gnossis.

"Greetings to you Heyoka. May you shine bright and strike true."

Kefka turns to Zoe

"This was your task Hears The Song. There is no gift I require from Heyoka."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder and Lightning   

Back to top Go down

Thunder and Lightning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1