|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breakfast at Harriets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Breakfast at Harriets Empty
PostSubject: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 22:24

Zas met up with Kefka at Harriets bar the morning after his conversation with Zoe. The philodox was found sitting in an open booth waiting to meet with the prodigals Shadowlord member.

As Kefka joined him Zas began, "I wanted to thank you for your aid in Crossroads. It meant a lot to me."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptySat 17 Jan 2015, 17:02

Kefka sat down and ordered a drink and smirks.

"Ain't nothin' to it Zas. You're part of my pack. If I am not being of service and helping out... I ain't doin' my job x
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptySat 17 Jan 2015, 17:26

Zas looks at him as he sits down and says, "I also wanted you to know, I did take time to mourn the Uktena chieftain. Prior to going to Crossroads I met with my mentor and in a way we honored the chief. My time spent with the Uktena recently also allowed me a chance to further give him the respect he was due. You and Rends performed admirably upon finding his body and making it known where your allegiances lay. At the time we found his body however, I was more concerned with trying to get him out of danger than I was with mourning his loss. That is why I seemed less emotional. It would have done the chief little honor if we had found him and in our shared grief been overwhelmed by enemy forces. It is dangerous to let our emotions rule our actions."

Zas then looks away briefly as he says, "Which brings me to my next point. As beta, you had told me to run when our alpha lost himself in anger and let his emotions get control over him. I understand your reasoning for such an order as you know my relationship with Rends to be strained and were concerned for my well being, but I wanted you to know that I was Not trying to make a point of ignoring your command- rather that I was trying to end a dangerous situation quickly for the safety of the entire pack."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015, 16:40

Kefka shakes his head

"Ain't no harm done Zas. You had a better plan than running. Jes because I's beta don't mean y'all can't have ideas. In the heat of the moment you have to improvise, adjust plans as needed. Your plan ended to the trouble quicker, it was riskier...but it all worked out."

He pauses and takes a drink.

"Now if you had changed plans on me and we weren't around to notice and back you up, that is where the trouble starts. But as a pack we react well enough in the same vicinity to have each other's back. Speaking of changing plans though...do you think Hangin' Maw is going to be upset we didn't break the dam as he requested?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015, 19:01

Zas gives a half hearted smile to the Ragabash as he says, "It wasn't much of a plan-but I'm glad it worked."

The Silent Strider grows quiet at his packmates question. When he had thought about it for a moment, he says slowly weighing his own words, "I'm not entirely certain of anything concerning the dead or more specifically Hanging Maw. I don't know why he opposes the Hierarchy, who his master truly is or even if he has one. I don't know why he wished the dam broken, but I feel we made the right decision. Perhaps he was merely trying to give me options-trying to aid in his own way...I just don't know. He has up til now been useful and willing to help me... though we have certainly had our differences."

Zas winces slightly as he says, "Discerning the true motives of the living is difficult-the motives of the dead, doubly so. I'm not completely certain the Hierarchy can be trusted, any more than Hanging Maw...only time and actions will tell."

Zas runs his hands through his hair as he says, "This Oblivion they spoke of does not sound good. If Hanging Maw truly does serve it...well, let's just say I hope he doesn't. If I am to believe what my gut tells me-Hanging Maw may once have been of the Uktena...or perhaps even a long dead Croatoan. I would hope that even in death the Pure would not fall to the wyrm; being a philodox is maddening sometimes."

Zas then turns his head back to Kefka and says clearing his throat, "What did you think of Hanging Maw?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015, 21:16

Kefka was silent for a few moments mulling over the question Zas had posed.

"Honestly...I think he is tortured. I feel really bad for him. I definitely don't trust him. Our goals in saving Chief Bowl may have been aligned, but I think he has his own agenda and it won't end well. He seems to truly be a being of hate, and nuthin' else."

Kefka takes a drink and shrugs.

"I'll be fine never seein' him again."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015, 22:33

Zas sighs, "I think I am or rather was beginning to get to know him, and you're certainly right about him being full of anger..."

The Silent Strider gazes at the Ragabash with an almost empty stare as he mumbles to himself, "Trust is something that is hard to find. He has proved truthful to a point. If he is on his own mission, perhaps I could still help him...depending on what he has set out to do."

He ceases his mumbling briefly as he gives voice to his thoughts, "Does the litany even apply to the lands of the dead? How can I enforce law without being able to enact final judgement?...so many questions...not enough facts. What is the truth of the dead?"

Zas then shakes himself out of his stupor, as he forces himself to be more in the moment as he says, "I have a feeling I will see him again."

Zas then takes a drink of water and says, trying to change the topic, "How is Jasnah doing?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015, 17:31

Kefka smiled at he mention of his dauther's name.

"She's doin' fine Zas, Harriet too. I am glad we get to stay here a few days. I can catch up with Harriet and actually be a father to be my child. You ought to come over tonight for dinner."

He takes a drink and then laughs.

"Jasnah needs to know of her brave Injun Uncle."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015, 22:55

Zas offers a small token grin at the compliment but says with a tinge of melancholy in his voice, "Brave...perhaps. Foolhardy is more likely."

Zas then looks down to the table and then back to Kefka, "I don't know how I will fit in with the Garou society at large in days ahead, but I do know that I have always felt welcomed by you and your family. As one who travels frequently, I can tell you, such hospitality is highly valued and not easily come by or forgotten-especially for those among my tribe. I greatly appreciate the invitation."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets EmptySat 24 Jan 2015, 14:27

Kefka smiles as he stands up to leave.

"You are always welcome in my house and my company."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Harriets   Breakfast at Harriets Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakfast at Harriets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: