HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Mentors Memoriam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: The Mentors Memoriam   Fri 16 Jan 2015, 21:54

Zas having finished the ritual looked to Scents-The-Lies with a bittersweet face that the older philodox could at once clearly see pride, sorrow, contentment, peace, pain and a whole host of other emotions now written plainly. Zas said nothing as he gazed at his Wendigo mentor for several moments, but eventually the silence was broken as he says while leaving the center of the clearing, "I truly hope I did not overstep my bounds by performing that ritual. I'm sure there are others who would have liked to have had the honor and perhaps laid the Chief to rest the Uktena way...."

He pauses, "I feel very strange about this. I am at peace knowing that he is no longer at risk for undergoing any dark rites and can be one with Gaia, but at the same time I feel restless knowing that my first true success in working to unite the Pure with the Wyrmbringers has ended like this. Do you understand?"

Zas then mulls over the thoughts in his head before saying, "The wyrm seems to truly have its claws everywhere...even in death. How do you stave off the great sadness that can afflict all Garou? Our enemy is all around us and some would even say inside us; how do you face such a foe?"

Zas then looks up at the night sky and says, as he draws a deep breath, "Forgive me, I've not seen you for some time and without asking how you are I hound you with my own troubles."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors Memoriam   Sat 17 Jan 2015, 01:54

"I am well, glad to see the White Owl as winter ends. Our village is well provided for, our Caern is quiet but strong, and we have drawn little interest from foes and warmongers. I would worry little about Direspirit and Keeper-of-Ten-Thousand-Woes. You are an outsider, but one who can be trusted, a close friend of the Pure." The white-headed Garou smiled, his sharp old teeth hidden behind cold dry lips.    

"The Uktena may in time enact their own rites, black and strange, but if they do they will not be for you or I to see." Scents-the-Lies sat creakily down, and looked up at Zas with those icy eyes.  

"Do not lose heart, White Owl. Know that facing the great enemy is our purpose, the reason we walk the earth. The Wyrm's coils wrap around the very pillars of creation, and yet, still we fight. It is instinct, and more than instinct, a calling handed down from Gaia and echoed by all the good spirits. We see and smell the wounds caused by our enemies, but my claws and teeth are sharp, and your arm is strong. Luna's righteous anger burns in your belly. You ask how to face the Wyrm. I ask you this: how could we not?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors Memoriam   Sat 17 Jan 2015, 08:15

Zas considers the question and sighs. He then turns to face the Wendigo and says, "We can't neglect our purpose. Doing so is a disgrace to Gaia. It just seems like a great task..."

The younger philodox then turns to keep walking. He then says, "You spoke once of maintaining the peace within a pack being of the upmost importance. What though, I ask you, do I do in an instance where keeping the peace potentially causes me to fail at being a philodox?"

He stops walking and turns to face his teacher and explains, "Our pack uncovered a mortal cult of Grandfather Serpent. They used technology that allowed them instant communication with distant places-as well as with the restless dead. My theurge being from the Iron Riders, saw such an item and sought to turn it into a tool despite the fact that we don't know who all has access to this and where else the device is connected to. I felt that such a device needed to be destroyed for everywhere it has been, left behind is a deep crimson river of blood. Surely such a thing is of the wyrm.

We had a heated disagreement over what to do with the item and in the end, it was given to the Iron Rider elders to be used for further purposes. Am I wrong to be deeply grieved by the Iron Rider's being so enamored with the weaver that they ignore obvious threats of the Serpent?

How do I make peace with my packmate whilst also remaining true to the litany?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors Memoriam   Sat 17 Jan 2015, 18:30

"Men who walk with Grandfather Serpent... that is ill news indeed." Scents-the-Lies growled as cold eyes flashed suddenly with heated intensity. "The Uktena, though cautious, almost paranoid in their secrecy, have gone to great pains to see that no such evil medicine is learned among the Caddo. You must do the same among your pale-skin neighbors, and swiftly- lest your homes and sacred places be lost!"

"Now, tell me: have the Wyrm-slaves been left to their own devices? Has the tainted artifact sullied the Caern?" The old Wendigo sat still, but he reminded Zas of the distant mountains in winter- ready to burst forth in a murderous avalanche at a moment's notice. "Tell me of how the Iron Riders have failed."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors Memoriam   Sat 17 Jan 2015, 19:51

Zas grimaces as he says, "My pack has killed all of the men that possessed control of the chieftains body, but we were unable to destroy all of the others that possessed the device. The ones who possessed the device were in a different area and had powers that we had not encountered before-powers over our minds, our dreams, as well as being able to read our thoughts, speak to and control the dead and the ability to speak to the spirits. They also knew of our kind before seeing us change skins, as if they could see beyond our homid shape. We killed two of the witches-who were dressed in skins of little girls, but three escaped. The cult seems to be small in number but has been in two locations not close to one another. We also know they have texts that teach them dark rituals requiring the bodies of the dead and seem to be making strides towards freeing something or opening portals to foul spaces which leave tunnels in the umbra that lead to nowhere.

Zas then draws a breath as he says, "The device itself was spiritually cleansed, but I don't believe it has been on the sacred ground of the Caern as we know that there is another unknown being with access to likely a similar device that can commune with the device in possession of the Iron riders. We know little of the other mystery individual aside from their being capable of greatly harming the weaver spirit that dwelled within the device, from a great distance.

The Iron Rider leaders are treading cautiously with the device, more so than my packmate maybe would have, though I would say doing so at all is risky. Then again, I don't fully understand their ways of thinking. As far as the Litany is concerned though, to my knowledge, the tribe has not violated any of the tenets of the litany-otherwise I would have been quick to tell you...but intense scrutiny of their actions in the coming days is highly needed. I am not privy to all the tribe's rulings given my rank, but based on what little I know they remain in compliance with the litany if only just barely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors Memoriam   Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:04

Zas draws a breath as he says, "Before Chief Bowles made his trip to the battlefield, he claimed that I was adopted as one of the horned serpent. Does that not mean I am of the pure?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors Memoriam   Tue 20 Jan 2015, 02:29

Scents-the-Lies listened in silence as Zas recounted the doings of the Prodigals, folding his knobby brown hands. Zas thought they looked more like twisted oak roots than human fingers.

"The Laws of the Garou were not broken; you as a Philodox know this. Yet still the Iron Riders play with fire. It is in their nature. I have traded words with few of their kind yet even I know this is truth. They have played with fire since the first moonrise. It is what the children of Cockroach have always done, though it may burn them." The Wendigo's eyes were hooded, dimming the intensity of his glance.

"Is such action wise? Perhaps not. But it is their way, skirting what is right and proper in favor of living under the nose of man, like their totem before them." The Elder paused, sitting silently under the moon, and just as Zas was wondering if he had fallen asleep, Scents-the-Lies murmured:

"The Uktena are not so different. Though they are my brothers and sisters, those who dance before the Horned Serpent are guarded, secretive. They tell me little, and even after many winters among them I do not know of their rites performed in darkness. Some of their ways are hidden, others are strange. Yet still I live under authority of Direspirit, and abide here in peace. Their methods are alien and perhaps, some would say unwise."

"I realize that is their way. I understand why they are greedy for secrets of the mind. Do you see how the Iron Riders are not so different?"

When Zas asked about his status among the Pure Ones, the old Wendigo gave his pupil a wry grin. "The Pure tribes of Garou strode Turtle Island since the days of the ancestors. You are not of Younger Brother as I, nor are you of Elder Brother, though the spirits have thanked you generously for your service. You are of Owl, in name and totem, yet you are no Wyrmbringer. You are a friend of the Pure."

Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors Memoriam   Tue 20 Jan 2015, 18:00

Zas tilts his head and leans against a nearby tree as he listens. The younger philodox's mind though initiall  distracted by his own internal thoughts, pushed them aside to learn from his teacher.

As the Wendigo began discussing the Iron Riders and their methods, Zas sighed as the older Garou voiced shared thoughts aloud. Zas then speaks almost more to himself than to Scents the Lies, "The litany talks about not suffering the ill, but yet says nothing about suffering the foolish. Even still, I suppose since Hears the Song is apart of her tribe I may have been too quick to speak as I did."

Zas upon hearing his mentor begin to compare the two tribes straightens up as he says, "You claimed when last we spoke that white skin men and wolves were similar-and now you say the Uktena are..." Zas then silences himself as the older philodox finished his explanation."

When several moments had gone by Zas spoke in answer to the Wendigo's question, "I see that the two tribes share a passion for discovering knowledge, albeit perhaps without showing wisdom in their pursuits."
The silent strider purses his fingers to his lips as he asks, "I wonder if in that commonality there is perhaps some way to build a bridge to unite the two tribes..."

Zas then listens to his mentor explain where Zas fit, and says nothing for a few moments letting it sink in. Zas then speaks with a voice of concern, "It would seem then that since I am of neither the pure or the Wyrmbringers that Gaia intended for me to act as the one to try to unite them."
He pauses briefly as he says, "What must I do for you to see me as Snowy Owl? When we first met you claimed I had not been tasted by Great Wendigo, but that in time I might come into my name. Do you know how I may accomplish such a feat? Do I require further wisdom or is there some rite that would have you see me? I ask not out of a feeling of insult but rather a desire to be truly known by you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors Memoriam   

Back to top Go down

The Mentors Memoriam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1