HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 What to do now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 670
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: What to do now?   Tue 09 Dec 2014, 21:09

Zas B'ul notes the strange group of shadowy creatures disappearing rapidly into the night. He then turns to look at the rest of the pack and says, "I truly doubt that they are working in our favor. Someone is going to know that Chief Bowles body has been disturbed."

He then looks at the chief's shrouded corpse and with a rising sense of defensive protectiveness says firmly, "We need to leave this place quickly....We must get the chief to safety. If my friend is to be trusted, these foul people may still want him for something. I don't intend to let them toy with the dead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 289
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Tue 09 Dec 2014, 21:49

Eaton blinked a few times, the vision he received moments earlier clearing his mind. Looking back to Zas he said, "I think ya speak for all of us. I can't think of a single story where messin' with the dead turned out alright."

Noticing that they brought the late Chief with them he asks, "Say, any of ya got an idea on how to hide a body?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Wed 10 Dec 2014, 12:01

Kefka spits to the side and looks up at moon, searching for answers. He shrugs his shoulders as he looks back towards his packmates.

"Hiding the body would be easy...if we had a wagon. We could get on the main road, and possibly get Papa Stagecoach to help get the wagon to Nacogdoches expediently. But we would have to go back to CrossRoads to find a wagon. Do we really want to leave this place so soon?"

He stops and takes a drink from his flask, holding his hand up to let the pack know he plans on explaining his question further.

"We ain't got any answers. We don't know what is happenin' here, where Douglas is, who is involved. They weren't at Douglas's house. They ain't here. If we leave they will be chasing us. If we stay they will come. We can set a trap. Leave one alive and kill him real slowly, while making him answer important questions of course."

He takes a deep breath.

"I'm jes sayin' I would meet the enemy on my terms, not chased down on theirs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 514
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 06:34

Zoe inhaled deeply through her nose as she considered the situation at hand.

"I agree that the safest place for Chief Bowl's body is in Nacogdoches, but if we don't want to miss the action here, we may need to settle for a secondary location in the meantime. You suggested having Papa help us expedite the wagon. Perhaps we could find a spirit to expertly conceal the body somewhere not too far from here while we handle whatever nonsense is sure to go down here."

She nodded briefly toward Eaton. "Besides, your vision made it clear that we were to protect the bodies - plural - here, which we cannot do if we're out trying to transport the one body that we deem most important. No offense, Zas."

A quick glance and nod toward Kefka indicated her agreement with his latter statement. "We certainly need to encounter Douglas and his Weeping Moon cronies on our terms instead of theirs. And for Gaia's sake and mine, hold onto your fetishes this time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 670
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 16:23

Zas listens as the others make their response and at a glance to the Ahroun who seemed to still be thinking, Zas says, "The last time we faced this wyrm cult we believed we had a good plan but things didn't turn out the way we hoped. We spread ourselves thin.

Rooting out and chasing down all the cultists will take manpower we don't have currently. I think hiding the Chiefs body is a good idea, we just need a safe space-perhaps we could bury him. By doing that we keep ourselves mobile and perhaps buy ourselves time for reinforcements to come from Nacogdoches...."

Zas strokes his chin as he says, "As we have come up empty for answers though, in both the physical world and the umbra, we have yet to venture to the dark umbra. I don't wish to go there but since this place is full of people that speak with the dead-visiting the dead directly may be more helpful and expedient. Then at least we could learn more of what we are facing. We never tried this in Zavala."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eaton

avatar

Posts : 289
Join date : 2013-10-28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 16:40

Eaton gave an uncomfortable rub on the back of his neck, "Maybe I should ask a different question: How do we hide a body from folk's already dead? I dunno how trustworthy the voices of the dead are, but they sure sounded eager to cause more problems. Even if we hide the bodies, who's to say more ghosts wouldn't show just to mess 'em up while we follow another lead?"

As Zas's mention of the dark umbra, he says, "How do ya make a ghost stay dead? I mean, that might be the answer: These guys up here ain't gonna be so tough if these freaks can't answer their calls."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rends the Gar

avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Sat 13 Dec 2014, 00:20

Rends scratches at his chin, mulling over the words of his packmates.

"I don't think we can jest leave the Chief out here. This whole area's tainted, and what if someone stumbles onto his body? Hell, we don't know who's tied up in this. We cain't take the risk of his body falling into the hands of them what would do him wrong."

He considers again, and an idea springs to mind.

"We know where there's a wagon we can get without runnin' into any townsfolk. The preacher had one. And we know where he is; at the church with them dead folks. We go pull his ass out of the fire and borrow his wagon, Papa gives us a boost back to town, and we'll be back here again to investigate more before lunch. We can also drop off Elijah at the bar or at the jail; keep him under guard until we can figure what to do with him long term. Then we won't have to babysit and can give this matter our whole attention."

He turns to Zas, then to Zoe.

"I don't like waitin' around fer them ghosts to show up and take us unawares. It ain't in me to set and wait to be attacked. My gut says to take the fight to them; we may even be able to get allies on the other side. I doubt they's able to wrangle all the spirits of the restless dead to they side and the Chief's people is gonna be mighty pissed about all this. Zas has his informant. I know he said he don't wanna come here, but what if he'd be fighting by our side? We can watch each other's backs and he may know more. But what will it mean to go into the Dark Umbra? What kinds of danger would be there? Would Zas friend maybe act as a guide for us? If we kill spirits there would they stay dead?"

He looks to his packmates, eyes intense but not reckless. They're not the eyes of a frenzied beast, but of a patient warrior; eager but cunning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 670
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Sat 13 Dec 2014, 08:46

At his packmates questions Zas takes a breath before saying, "As best as I can tell, Ghosts are a little like spirits in that you can beat them but you can't fully destroy them. All I've been able to do in fighting them before is temporarily weaken them. It seems you cannot kill the dead. I do know that they are hurt considerably by fire as Eaton and I saw during our fight with Cordova's forces, and they are hurt by our teeth and claws."

Zas then looks to Rends and says, "The greatest threat in the dark umbra is what is not there. There is no water, no food. It is a place not made for us. Many of our gifts don't work there and the spirits of the dead are not weak. However, Chief Bowles himself also spoke of things being there that were more powerful than Garou-I have no experience with them though, but I do consider the warning words of an Uktena elder greatly."

Zas then rubs his head, "I don't know how to reach Hanging Maw. He shows himself as he pleases. What I do know is that he did not know much of this place as he feared to go near it so he wouldn't be a good guide, but he may know how to help survive the rest of the dark umbra so seeking him out may still be wise. I also know that if we travel to Nacogdoches we can get more help to deal with this in any realm we find ourselves in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 514
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Sun 14 Dec 2014, 16:51

Zoe bit her lip then sighed deeply, not wanting to betray the trust of the Preacher, but also wanting her brothers to have all the relevant information before making a decision.

"Edmund Knock, the preacher, is not exactly a faith healer nor is he a sham. He asked me to keep this to myself, but I feel as if I should share now because we are planning to rescue him and may consider seeking his assistance."

She looked intentionally at each of her brothers before settling her gaze on Sylvester.

"The little girl that Ebony saw with him...she was raised back to life by him. He said that his abilities are not reliable and that he intended to return the girl to her family. Perhaps he has other ways of dealing with the dead that could assist us in this endeavor. Or perhaps he is another threat that needs dealing with."

She glanced down at the ground momentarily before returning her eyes to Rends. "I am sorry for keeping this information from you, but I wanted to retain the preacher's trust if possible, as he seemed harmless enough to begin with. I hope this does not cause us any undue trouble."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rends the Gar

avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2013-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Sun 14 Dec 2014, 17:42

Rends blinks but makes no other reaction.

"So we got a preacher what can raise the dead under attack from ghosts, and you didn't think that was worth mentioning earlier? You didn't think maybe that might make him a higher priority and someone worth savin' right away rather than waiting fer the ghosts to maybe kill em?"

Rends shakes his head, eyes angry.

"I don't give a Damn about keeping his trust but we can figure out why you apparently value it more than ours later. Let's get to the church."

He eyes the others, holding each of their gazes for a moment.

"Unless anyone else has something to share?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe

avatar

Posts : 514
Join date : 2013-09-02
Location : Nacogdoches, TX

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Sun 14 Dec 2014, 18:01

Zoe's eyes dropped to the ground and her posture displayed her regret for her initial decision to conceal this information from the pack.

"I see now that my reasoning for withholding such information was foolish and ill-informed. In the future I will give all information to you first, Rends, and take your advise on whether to share it with the entire group or not. Please forgive my lack of sound judgment in this matter."

She raised her gaze cautiously and looked around the group. "I do believe Knock could be a valuable ally and that helping him could prove beneficial to our cause, but what will we do with the Chief's body in the meantime?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Sun 14 Dec 2014, 18:43

Mocks looks up with a sly grin.
"Let's bring the Chief Bowl's body to the church. Maybe Knock can bring him back. We could experience whatever power he controls firsthand."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

avatar

Posts : 670
Join date : 2013-08-29
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   Sun 14 Dec 2014, 20:55

Zas looks to Zoe angrily but says nothing. After hearing Rends decision to travel to the church and Kefka's suggestion Zas says authoritatively, "We can bring Bowles body with us, but he is to remain untouched by this fake preacher. The chief has died. He is dead. The dead are supposed to stay dead. This preacher's ability is a clear violation of the veil. For all we know he could be responsible for what has happened here. We cannot allow him to continue to work his bad magic breaking the veil and..." Zas gives a stern look to Zoe, "We certainly cannot aid him."

Zas growls, "I didn't kill the Black Spiral we met the first moment I had and it ended horribly. I will not make the same mistake twice."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What to do now?   

Back to top Go down
 
What to do now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: