|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alive Once More

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Alive Once More Empty
PostSubject: Alive Once More   Alive Once More EmptySun 23 Nov 2014, 06:14

As Edmund Knock spoke, just before he resurrected the girl, Zoe eyed him curiously, wondering what he sensed was different about her. Once the girl rose again to life, Zoe's eyes snapped wide in wonder. She had heard of such things being done by men of God in her study of the Bible at school, but she had never seen it or heard of it happening recently. Zoe's thoughts ran rampant - was he of Gaia, of the Wyrm, of something else altogether; what was he going to do with the resurrected child; was she even still herself; did he return her spirit to her body or a different one? She took a single deep breath to still her mind before speaking.

"Truly you are a healer of the greatest kind if you can return life to one once dead. You told me that the people's faith in you and their hope for seeing something miraculous was unfounded, yet here I come to assist you in a burial and instead I witness a resurrection."

She eyed the freshly dug grave curiously. "Why waste our time digging a grave if you knew all along you were not going to bury her? Will you return her to her parents? I guess not since you told me to tell no one of what I saw here tonight."

A chill ran down her spine as they stood in the cool night air, but the temperature had nothing to do with her feeling of unease. She looked at the girl with worry and concern in her eyes.

"What are you planning to do with her?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

Alive Once More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alive Once More   Alive Once More EmptySun 23 Nov 2014, 15:35

Edmund Knock looked over his shoulder at Zoe, his stark features emphasized by the contrast between shadow and moonlight. "I am no healer or prophet, but perhaps their faith is not utterly groundless." He trailed off, gesturing hopelessly at the shallow grave with a hooked thumb. "I am not going to flaunt my unnatural faculties... they do not work with any degree of reliability." Then his features brightened somewhat, and he smiled, first at little Eula and then back at Zoe. "But they did this time, and I suppose that is all that matters." The young bedraggled preacher reached toward the girl. Eula looked at him with dark round eyes, wide with shock and confusion. "It is alright, my dear. You were sick, and had to rest for a little while."

The child looked back over her shoulder, curly hair whirling with the quickness of her movement. She stared out into the unlit woods for a moment, before turning back to Edmund and Zoe. Her hands fidgeted nervously but she did not say a word. Edmund smiled, his tired face seeming a little less weary as he addressed the risen girl.

"We must find your parents. They will be very glad to have you back, strong and brave as ever." He bent on one knee and extended a hand closer. "Don't be frightened. You are safe."  

Eula shook her head vigorously. 'No, we aren't.'

The wind rose, making the trees sigh and gasp as a guttural, distant yell of pure anguish tore out of the woods. A hulking wreck of a man, his face a blood-spattered mask bereft of ears or nose, came staggering out of the undergrowth barely a stone's throw away. Zoe realized with shock that it looked like the brutalized corpse they had found earlier in the evening, Elijah Martin's messily dispatched assailant. His head twisted toward them, and mean pig-like eyes rolled in their sockets as he made another low, throaty cry, throwing back his head. Brown, broken-toothed jaws gaped and a ragged stump of a tongue glistened in the moonlight. Thick, dark liquid ran down his chin in coursing channels.

Eula whimpered and crawled toward Knock who moved like lightening to scoop her up and run, headed at a dead sprint toward the remote barn.
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zoe

Zoe

Alive Once More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alive Once More   Alive Once More EmptySun 23 Nov 2014, 16:05

As the living corpse charged toward them, Zoe's first instinct was to take the creature on in Crinos and protect the preacher and the little girl, but she could already hear Zas scolding her for breaking the Veil in front of someone with abilities who already suspected she was different.

Instead she whirled her rifle around and fired two rapid shots into the creature and ran in the opposite direction from the barn, hoping to draw him away from the mortals and out of their sight.

"Get her to safety!" she yelled to Knock. "I'll try to buy you some time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alive Once More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alive Once More   Alive Once More Empty

Back to top Go down

Alive Once More
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: