|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Behind the Shadows

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Behind the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Behind the Shadows   Behind the Shadows EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014, 15:42

As the pack gathered their belongings before making the trip to Cross Roads, Zas waited. He was ready. There was nothing he needed to get before they left town, there were no goodbyes to make. He simply awaited the groups return dwelling on his own thoughts.

Kefka was the first to meet back up with him. Zas nodded to him as he says, "Your mate and child are well taken care of friend. You truly seem to enjoy their company. Tell me, what is it that you like the most about them?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Behind the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Shadows   Behind the Shadows EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014, 15:59

Kefka nods back to Zas and smiles at the mention of his family.
"What I like most about them? That is a difficult question to answer in words. It would be much simpler for you to look into my heart and soul...but I shall do my best. I like Jasnah's future. She went have to deal with anything I did. She is surrounded by other Garou. She will have questions answered and have knowledge before her first change. She will be able to grow with Eaton's boy. Someone her age to discover the world with. Her future is bright Zas Bul. I could not want more for her."

He sits down.

"Harriet has many fine qualities I love. She owns a bar, for one."

He laughs and takes a swig from his flask.

"Her heart. Her compassion and love. She loves me unconditionally and our child."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Behind the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Shadows   Behind the Shadows EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014, 18:44

Zas nods at his companion and says, "I can only imagine what joy you must feel being around your family. Family is important."

Zas then looks out towards the open road and says, "Would you consider this pack a family? Your family?"

He turns back to face Mocks and says, "The reason I ask is because we all just saw our alpha fail at a challenge in his dealings with Poet Slayer. If we were a family in your mind, I am curious what role you as a beta would play. Would you comfort him as a mother? Would you protect him as a brother? I am curious as to what you feel your duties are now...and to some extent if you think your new role is a hindrance to your darker duties in service to this "family" or not."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Behind the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Shadows   Behind the Shadows EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014, 21:51

Kefka takes his coat off, folds it and tosses it on the ground. He rolls his sleeves up showing his tattoos to Zas.

"My family has grown significantly since coming here to Texas. I have found brothers, sisters, elders. I have found people willing to die to protect those they love, and one day I will call upon for the same strength and courage too die protecting you lot."

He fixes his sleeves as he sits on his coat staring at the ground.

"When Rends first challenged Poet Slayer, I was kind of hoping he would lose. I thought it would be a healthy dose of humility. Failure can often be a better teacher than success. We ought not be interferin' in the love life of Poet Slayer. We have enough enemies, enough problems on our plate. This is our haven, our one safe place where we are wanted... needed. If Poet Slayer lost the challenge and couldn't be with who he wanted...who is to say he wouldn't do something to Harriet or Jana in retribution?"

He pauses and spits to the side.

"Would he do anything? Probably not... but I would rather not have to be in a position where I have to consider that as an outcome."

He turns and looks at Zas.

"As I said that was before he became our Alpha. Since I can't be a good Beta and prevent him from getting involved in a foolish challenge, I shall simply have to make sure he learns from this experience. My duty as Beta is two-fold. With one eye I need to watch for attacks, threats, traps to protect him. With the other eye I need to watch Rends and make sure he is focused, and doing what is best for the pack as a whole. I must be his best friend, but I also must be his harshest critic."

He then takes a swig of his drink and looks away.

"I don't know about my darker duties. What I do in shadows I can hide from you, Zoe, and Eaton, but would it really be right to hide them from the Rends, my Alpha?"

He looks at Zas with uncertainty in his eyes.

"Not hypothetical...I need your wisdom Philadox. I need to be the best I can be for Rends. It would be a disservice to him if I was any less."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Behind the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Shadows   Behind the Shadows EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014, 23:13

Upon seeing Kefka's tattoo of all the fallen names-including chief bowl, his eyes begin to water. As Kefka explains that he considered them all to be family Zas formed his hand into a fist and beats his own chest once and then does it to Kefka's and says, "We are of one heart-Blood Brother. I hear your soul."

When he mentions Rends needing to learn from the experience, his eyebrows raise as he says, "I think you will find our Alpha to be a willing student. His heart and motives are pure. I spoke with him earlier-he has my blessing. Though he may be new to the role of Alpha-his spirit is ready and prepared."

As Mocks explains his perceived duties as beta, Zas grows quiet. When he finished, Snowy owl speaks, "The position of Alpha is demanding. Your duties of being his beta are almost more so. Your friendship with him will be undoubtedly raked through the coals. If you seek to be his harshest critic, be aware that you do run the risk of harming that relationship. Tread cautiously. You walk a narrow road."

When at last the Shadow Lord mentions his outside duties, Zas listens closely. Upon being asked to shed his wisdom on the situation, the philodox nods slowly several times mulling over the issue.

He says nothing for a few minutes, but continues to walk around the Ragabash deep in thought. Glancing up and seeing his awaiting pack mate, Zas stops walking as he says, "I am having trouble answering your dilemma for I find myself in one of my own. The answer to your question lies in my interpretation of the litany...the problem is-I'm not certain which tenet is most appropriate."

He pauses for a moment before continuing, "We are called to fight the Wyrm wherever it dwells, and in this your duties cause you to occasionally operate outside the light. The litany also states that you are not to suffer your people your sickness, which again in this context could be applied and supported as you continuing to act as you have-taking care of the vileness of the Wyrm as you are best suited to do it in the dark."

He takes a breath, "On the other hand the litany states that you are to respect the territory of another as well as submit to those of higher station, which if applied here would put Rends as needing to know of your shadow duties as he is in command and would likely claim your actions of fighting the Wyrm to belong under his territory."

Zas contemplates the decision for a moment more before saying, "My wisdom is this: When we agreed to your carrying on beyond my sight-we had no alpha. That has changed. In this instance then, I therefore feel that the litany says you must submit your actions to him as he is in higher station and furthermore, you must abide by his rule. Him being aware of dark threats that loom ahead of us can only serve to better the pack and strengthen his ability to rule as alpha."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Behind the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Shadows   Behind the Shadows EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014, 16:26

Kefka slowly nods as the philadox speaks.

"I understand. by submitting to him I become more than a weapon in the shadows. I will become a weapon in his steady hand. To lash out or sheathe as necessary. This will only make me better as a Beta, him better as an Alpha, and us all better as a pack."

Mocks takes another small swig and then looks to Zas and grins.

"I appreciate your input, I was thinking along the same lines."

He pauses, and chuckles

"It is always a good day when the Philadox agrees with you."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

Behind the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Shadows   Behind the Shadows EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014, 18:55

Zas smiles and says, "You are much more than a weapon friend."

At his last comment Zas angles his head to the side as he considers it. "I would hope that it is understood that I do not choose sides; rather that I follow the truth and guidance of the litany...but I am pleased you feel justified."

Zas then asks in a more serious tone, "Do you think Poet Slayer is a threat? I mean, if all it would take to make him possibly turn against your mate and the other kinfolk here is our interference in a goal of his...is he in your mind a danger to this pack?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Behind the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Shadows   Behind the Shadows Empty

Back to top Go down

Behind the Shadows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: