HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Perspectives

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 20:29

Snowy Owl lingered behind the rest of the pack as they made their way to Nacogdoches. He knew that he needed to fulfill the duty called upon him, but he was uncertain as to how best go about it. After seeking solace in his thoughts for some time, he approached Kefka and pulled him away from the others.

The trail dust stirred up from the loaded wagon ahead of them blew between the Ragabash and the Philodox as the Silent Strider weighed his words carefully before turning to the Shadowlord and beginning, "That was truly a wretched town. If we never return there...it will be too soon."

Zas B'ul then folds his hands together behind him as he walked, "I am curious about many things that happened there, and concerned about even more. I don't feel any of us performed at our best. Yet, I need to ask you about your opinion on something. Your auspice often sees things in a different light."

Zas waits for the dust to die down a little before twisting his head to gaze at Kefka and asking, "Do you think you broke the veil back there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 20:57

Kefka chuckled as he pulled his coat tight around him to block the dust from getting on his finer clothes. He shook his head and shrugs. His words come out slow.

"I tried to use the delirium as a weapon, it would have worked...maybe. With the tonic though their minds may be too drug riddled to remember anything. If they are none the wiser, the veil is still in tact, yes?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 21:33

Zas ponders the words quietly as they continue walking. "If none remember the event-yes, the veil would still be in tact. Seeing as how we did not go door to door and make inquiries as to whether or not that's the case though...how can we be certain?"

Zas rubs his chin, "Your plan to weaponize the delirium...would you do it again?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 21:46

Mocks' normally confident stance dwindles as Zas asks his questions. He slows a down a little and says nothing. He scoffs slightly before talking.

"No one bothered to ask me where I got those books from. They were given to me by Mrs. Fitch. She remembers everything, so no the veil was not in tact. I broke the veil for her in my Hispo form, Rends broke it as well in Crinos. You also broke the veil for her with your partial transformation Zas Bul if I remember right."

He gives a knowing look to Zas.

"And I have a good memory."

He walks in silence for a another minute.

"As a last resort and when outnumbered...you can bet your ass I would. Definitely won't be an opener though...too many uncertainties."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:00

Zas nods once to his friend and says, "You are correct on all counts. Rends the Gar, you and myself all broke the veil...hence why I have not brought down justice upon you. I cannot punish you and hold you to standards I myself broke. Like I said, none of us were at our best."

Zas then turns away, "Upon discovering that the widow ms. Fitch was still aware of all that happened...did you protect the veil?"

He waits a moment before also asking, "What is the delirium? How do you view it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:10

Mocks stares ahead as he answers.

"Of course I protected the veil. I would be a fool if I didn't."

He walks ahead a few more paces before turning and looking to Zas.

"The delirium is a tool. Same as tooth, claw, and fetish. It can be used effectively in the right situation, but is not always the best choice."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:28

Zas takes several long strides to be beside his pack mate as he says, "Forgive my questions brother-I'm just trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible. This situation grew out of hand very quickly."

The philodox then looked down to the ground as he spoke aloud, "I feel as though we differ in our understanding of the delirium. You seem to interpret it as being separate and distinct from the veil. Is this correct?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:32

Mocks slows his stride and chuckles.

"If you weren't asking questions Zas Bul I would accuse you of not being your philadoxy self."

He stops to ponder the question before answering and moving forward.

"I wouldn't say it is entirely separate. The main use of the delirium is to protect the veil."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Sun 02 Nov 2014, 22:43

The philodox offers a rare genuine smile as he says, "I see. You view the delirium as being an offensive weapon that is wasting its potential."

Zas takes a breath, "In our call to protect the veil, back in Zavala you felt it necessary to try and use the delirium as a first response, but now no longer see that as being worth the risks. Does that sound right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Mon 03 Nov 2014, 08:46

Mocks nodded slowly.

"You summed it up quite nicely."

He walks a few more paces...

"I am glad to be done with Zavala as well, even if we aren't done with those brats. Perhaps where they escaped to is nicer. A decent town with bar full of liquor to drink, cards to play, and beds to rest our heads."

He tosses his head back and laughs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Mon 03 Nov 2014, 13:54

Zas looks to his feet for a moment before saying, "I am glad you feel that using the delirium as a first move is not wise. I was not certain how you would choose to learn from this experience."

At mocks' mention of the girls new town, the Silent Strider says, "I think resting is one of the things that got us into so much trouble...no, wherever these girls and their accomplices are-Upon finding them, I will not find rest until they're dead and I crush their hearts in my hand."

Zas then looks to Kefka and says, "What do you intend to do differently the next time our paths cross with the girls and their ill?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Mon 03 Nov 2014, 15:33

Mocks looks playfully at his packmate.

"That's brutal Zas...Take it from a guy who has had his heart crushed."

He laughs and continues on.

"Differently? I plan to be the player not the piece. I will stomach and prepare myself to take their lives. They might not expect it, since I didn't have it in me in Zavala."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Mon 03 Nov 2014, 21:15

The philodox chuckled. "Yes. That's true. You would know the pain of heartbreak."

After the laughter dwindles he says, "What has changed that would empower you to overcome your lack of resolve to harm the girls? I'm truly interested...as you seemed quite certain that you would not be capable of such a task."

He pauses for a moment, "Was it perhaps the realization that they are not your daughter? Or perhaps the concern for your family's safety given how much the girls know about you and how they are now free to strike at any moment? What is it exactly that has caused you to see the need to change?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Mon 03 Nov 2014, 21:42

He nods in reverence to the Philadox.

"You are a perceptive one. I am very concerned for my family's safety now, and to a lesser degree the safety of the caern. The girls know all about Nacogdoches and we have no clue where they scattered."

He spits on the ground, and then smirks.

"I think we will all be damned before letting those girls escape again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Mon 03 Nov 2014, 22:03

Zas considers Kefka for a moment and then says, "When I first met the Spanish missionaries they spoke of damnation, and I have often heard others say it...but what does it mean to you when you say 'I will be damned if such a thing happens.'?"

The philodox then adds, "I agree that the girls deserve death and that they are a threat to our kind, yet your word seems a little out of place to me in my understanding of it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Mon 03 Nov 2014, 22:16

Kefka gives a grim look to his friend.

"It's an extreme expression of speech my friend. By saying "I'll be damned if I let them escape" I mean I would rather endure Hell then let them escape again. If you don't know what Hell is, let me say it another way. I would rather be cast into the lake of silver fire with Penelope for the rest of time then let the witches escape our claws once more."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    Mon 03 Nov 2014, 22:58

Zas nods in understanding and says, "I have always believed the last portion to be the most accurate."

He rubs his chin, "It is curious to me the difference between our cultures. You see, in my culture-a brave does not return if he has failed. If he should claim that he will destroy an enemy, all who hear it know that the enemy will be no more. For should a brave claim that an enemy is to be destroyed but the brave returns from his war in shameful failure-the man who returns is no longer a brave. He is no longer even a man recognized by the tribe. The only way a man can become a brave again is for him to fulfill his word as he once said he would do. There is no purpose for calling upon the wrath of the Gods should he fail for he is nothing without his word.

This is why when the Comanche first attacked my people, they lost. They had yet to learn what fighting an Apache meant. Furthermore they learned what it meant when a chieftain claimed how large his war party was-it was done to warn the Comanche forces how many of their own they would lose.

The white and Spanish culture seems to have no meaning in their words unless they risk facing the punishment of their God."

Zas turns to look at Mocks, "Do you know why the white man's words are hollow without the fear of their God? I am curious..."

As if a last minute thought occurs, "Obviously you and Rends have proved exceptions to this, but as for the majority of my experience-non garou or non kinfolk white men do not speak plain. I wish to know why."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives    

Back to top Go down

Perspectives
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1