HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Close Calls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Close Calls   Sun 02 Nov 2014, 13:44

Zas nodded in recognition of both the packs award as well as their punishment. It seemed very appropriate to him after hearing the elders justifications. The announcement of the party that was to be held in their honor following the moot came as a bit of a surprise to the philodox, but he certainly would not object to it.

Before he could attend the festivities however, he knew he needed to do something. As the gathered garou began to disperse, Zas made his way to Ebony. Upon finding her he says in a even calm tone of voice, "You helped us considerably back in that terrible town. You have proven yourself many times since I have met you, but I have to be honest-the places we will be going in the future are not likely to be much better than where we've already been."

He takes a strained breath, "Many of us feared for your safety back in Zavala, especially when we lost contact with you. I'm not looking to make the same mistakes EVER again. I am willing to do whatever is necessary to keep from losing y-...contact with you."

Zas clears his throat, "Is there anything we can do to prevent this, that you know of?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Close Calls   Sun 02 Nov 2014, 17:18

The corax had watched the proceedings from a perch in a tall elm tree at the edge of the Caern, her sharp corvid eyes taking in the ritual with interest. When Zas approached she alighted on the ground, assuming her unusual human form in a rush of black feathers. She looked up at the Silent Strider with a gentle smirk on her pale features.

"I am glad to help, and I'm touched that you feel so... attached. Not sure that I understand what you mean about staying in contact. I hear what you are saying about dangerous places, but I can take care of myself."

"I have the nagging suspicion that I'm going to outlive all of you." Her face and tone betrayed no hint of sarcasm.

"I am not sure what you mean about keeping in contact... are you want codewords or birdcalls?" She glanced at him, her lips curing in an amused smile. "If I encounter a problem can only be fixed with more werewolves, I have an idea about where to look."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtarat.forumotion.com
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Close Calls   Sun 02 Nov 2014, 17:44

Zas forces an awkward, nervous, and uncomfortable smile on his face as Ebony responds.

A few moments after she replies, Zas says, "Bird calls may be more in line with what I'm trying to figure out...just something that allows for long distance communication should we--I mean the pack and you get separated. I know we can howl to get your attention and alert you to where we are, but I am not sure how you would be able to do the same."

Zas squints his eyes as he tries to formulate his thoughts better so he didn't sound like an idiot to no avail. "Maybe a certain call or screech or some other sound you could use to let me-I mean us... know you are in trouble."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Close Calls   Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:35

"I was kidding about the birdcalls." The pair started walking towards the road into the Nacogdoches.

"I didn't get along these last few years without learning how to take care of myself. I'm touched and all, but don't worry about me. Really. I'm going to be separated from you- that is just a fact. I can fly, you can't. You and the rest of the Prodigals like to tear things to calico ribbons, I don't. That's fine, though, 'cause I'm just not like you; I don't need a pack to work, and I can survive fine on my own.

The Corax girl's reddish eyes reflected the light of the sliver moon as she seemed to inspect Zas. "Why are you acting so... off? I vanished during your little scuffle in Bexar county and that wasn't a big deal." There was silence for a moment, and the two stopped, the pin-prick stars burning overhead. Ebony murmured "If it is because we got randy once or twice, I'm afraid you are gonna have to loosen up a little, Crowbait." Her sardonic grin threatened to become genuine rather than sarcastic.

Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Close Calls   Mon 03 Nov 2014, 14:23

Zas drops his gaze a moment before saying, "In San Antonio you were away from the majority of the bloodshed. You were more in charge of your situation. You were mobile, and free to set your own course. In Zavala...your wings were in a way tied."

The Silent Strider looks up, "You may not be garou, nor I corax- but...you and I are alike. I look forward to being on the move-traveling...it is freeing. I think you feel the same. The road though can be lonely and finding someone who will enjoy sharing the journey is rare. My pack travels to places for a purpose: to them the journey has meaning only when the road leads to a destination. Traveling with you does not feel like that..."

Zas scratches his cheek as he says, "I don't have much to most who look at me but I carry much others can't see. What I have is important to me. Losing you-... It would make my journey less meaningful- Randy-ness and all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Laughing Stranger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Close Calls   Tue 04 Nov 2014, 21:34

"My wings were anything but tied," Ebony said, her voice revealing more than her expression as she rolled her eyes. "I was the only one who didn't get caught up in that mess with the pint-sized witches. Don't act like I was the one in danger when you wingless wonders are the ones getting in trouble..."

The Corax stopped herself and bit her lip. "Eh, I don't need to tell you this. You know it already, so I'll shut up."

"I wouldn't worry too much about me dying, though. Really. I mean it. I don't plan on it happening, and even if it does, it isn't something you can do much about." Ebony gave him a squeeze around the shoulders and her voice took on a mischievous tone. "Besides, I think what this all means, practically speaking, is that we should just make the most of trails we got together. Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Owl?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Close Calls   Tue 04 Nov 2014, 22:10

Zas readied himself to give an objection but upon hearing her last few words takes a deep breath instead and smiles-his eyes betraying hidden carnal desires as he returns her gesture with a firm but pain free grip around her waist and says in a hushed tone full of chutzpah, "Yes...I agree Ms. Feathers."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Calls   

Back to top Go down

Close Calls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1