|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Searching for Answers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

Searching for Answers Empty
PostSubject: Searching for Answers   Searching for Answers EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014, 20:25

As Rends went to find a wagon for the newly gained machine Kefka stayed behind in the lodge to see what he could find. With Huling's house, and the court house burned to rubble this was the only place left standing to find clues. He began searching for anything he could find. Going through desks, checking for loose floor boards, rapping his knuckles on the wall to see if there was a hidden panel somewhere. They had screwed up enough in this town. If there were answers still left in town Kefka was damn determined to find them. As he searched he felt a chilling yet familiar presence awake in his mind. Shadowfang. A presence he hadn't felt since meeting Penelope. It stayed quiet until Kefka stopped rooting around and sat down on a desk.

"If you got something to say Shadowfang, you can say it. I am all ears." he chuckles. "Couldn't ignore you if I tried."

Shadowfang sighed. "Your lack of respect is unfortunate. I could have stayed silent, but here I am to make you aware of what exactly it was that happened in this town. You should be grateful for my presence."

Kefka scoffs. "We will see how grateful I am after hearing what you have to say. The thing is...I know what happened here. We screwed up, big time. We let the Wyrm get away, almost lost our fetishes, we don't know how much damage control will be needed, and if I can't find anything in this lodge we won't have any clue on where those damn brats went."

There was a lengthy pause before Shadowfang spoke. "Yes. What you say is true. Those are all things that went wrong. Also the fact that you murdered someone instead of taking him captive and interrogating him. hmmm? Or how about taunting an enemy you know nothing about? How about when you broke the veil without a thought. You have acted a fool Kefka. Luckily you and your pack did recover the device. I imagine Red Oath will be pleased, if you leave out certain bits of the story."

Kefka stares straight ahead coldly. His teeth clenched, and lips drawn tight.

"Hah" Shadowfang laughed. "You are angry, that is good. You should be angry. At yourself. You have failed this pack."

Kefka jolts up off the desk. "Now wait a minute here, we all screwed up. It ain't all going on my head."

"Perhaps it should! Now shut up and listen boy! You aren't Adren yet I am still your Elder. I am trying to help you understand." He takes a breath. "Perhaps I misspoke earlier when I said you acted a fool. What I meant to say was you were acting like other Garou, thinking like other Garou. You must not let that happen."

With a confused look Kefka sits back down. "I'm listening. Please continue."

"You are Shadowlord. Embrace it. We aren't like other Garou. We are better. We do things differently. We lie, we deceive, we backstab. We fight only when we know we can win. Our battles are won before we strike with our claws. The others may look down on our tactics...but at the end of the day we are the reason the Garou society is alive." He pauses.
"You could have used Huling and the witches against each other, instead you fought them both head on and tried to take on the whole town. Cliath mistakes."

Kefka nodded slowly. "I understand... I guess I was trying too hard to do the right thing. I wanted to be brave and save the day."

"If that is what you want Kefka... find a new tribe. We are the shadows. We aren't thanked. We aren't praised. We aren't right. We are necessary." He pauses and whispers "Pride is ever the downfall of our family Kefka, break free. I beg of you."

With the presence gone Kefka slowly stands back up. He was quietly surprised to find himself in an empty street.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Answers   Searching for Answers EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 15:20

Kefka found himself staring at the Fitch house. At his feet lay the broken wreckage of the front door, and here and there in the dirt street were dark loathsome smears of clotted blood. The only window had been shattered by a stray minie ball, and now the early morning wind danced among the ragged curtains.  

Kefka walked into the unlit house- it was morning, but thanks to Grandfather Thunder, angry clouds hung low in the sky, threatening more rain. His eyes adjusting to the gloom, Kefka saw shards of glass had exploded inward, and now littered the front room of the cabin. The table had been upended, scattering bowls and cheap tin mugs. The werewolf realized he was not alone. A woman in her bedclothes, her hands wrapped in a tattered blue shawl, stood staring at him. It was Mrs. Fitch. She watched him without saying a word, her eyes dull and under-slung by dark circles. She reminded him of nothing so much as an exhausted animal.

"You've come back."  

Her voice was little more than a whisper, nearly lost in a sudden, eerie breeze that sang through the back door in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Answers   Searching for Answers EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 17:51

Kefka looked around the house before focusing on the now widowed Mr. Fitch. A grim expression begins to form on his face as he speaks to her.

"Guess we made quite a mess here..."

Kefka takes his hat off and hangs his head low.

"For what it's worth ma'am...I truly am sorry for your loss."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Answers   Searching for Answers EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 13:33

"You are sorry... for my loss?" the woman repeated the word as if it were in an alien language and bowed her head, her mouth twitching. "They are dead, then?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Answers   Searching for Answers EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 15:05

"Yes ma'am they are."

He paused

"It might be better if you left this place. It will help you forget... Do you have any family you can go to?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Answers   Searching for Answers EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014, 11:44

When Kefka told her that her husband and child were gone, Laura Fitch bowed her head and nodded. "Maybe it is for the best." Silence descended for several moments, the only sound the cool spring breeze moaning through a broken home.

There was the crunch of glass underfoot as the widow took a slow step toward Kefka.

"Jonathan thought that he and Huling would usher in a new age of enlightenment. I believed him, right up until Patience was conceived." The woman handed the Shadow Lord her wadded shawl, and inside Kefka found a pair of books. One was badly burned, and appeared to be written in French. The other was only singed, and was titled 'The Watchers of Enoch.' It appeared to be written in annotated English, with some hieroglyphics thrown in for good measure.

Mrs. Fitch drew back, and glanced back out towards the back door. It was almost as if she wanted to bolt, but some unexpressed urge made her stay and linger.
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Answers   Searching for Answers EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014, 16:34

Kefka nodded in thanks as he is handed the books.

"Thank you ma'am"

He hesitated seeing her glance at the back door.

"What happened here Mrs. Fitch?" Who burned the buildings down?"

He lets out a sigh as he looks at the books.

"If you don't want to answer that's fine. I understand if you need some time and space."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Answers   Searching for Answers Empty

Back to top Go down

Searching for Answers
Page 1 of 1