|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Points of Contention

Go down 
+2
Fae Carver
Zoe
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Points of Contention - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 18:23

Zoe held up a hand to cut Rends off.

"Whoa! Hold on a second! It's one thing to manipulate the mortals and convince them we aren't what they thought we were, but the girls and the Angel are different beasts altogether. Mortals can't see the spirits manipulating them in the umbra, but our enemies exist in both realms and would be able to take the deceiving spirits head on. No spirit I've ever met would put itself at risk to help a pack of Garou, especially not ones who have been known to eat those of their kind. I can certainly ask, but I fully expect the spirit to laugh in my face if it even shows up at all."

Zoe gave Rends an apologetic look. "It was a good idea though."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 18:39

Zas takes a breath after hearing the ragabash speak and looked to mocks the night for a moment, then up to the faint light of the new moon and seemed to piece together the seemingly unprecedented bloodlust his packmate had and dismissed his own curiosity as to why he was sounding so aggressive.

He then turned to Rends and said, "I think it's a little hard to believe that you were killed but the rest of us made it without a scratch. Not to mention we need to learn what we can before things turn bloody. Attacking the girls and their "angel" as one unified force would likely be more potent. Using Huling as a tool to close the distance between us should also be helpful."

Zas then looks to Zoe and says, "All the help we can get is appreciated, but like usual time is against us. If an arrangement with some spirit can be made quickly-good. We don't have much to bargain with this time though, so I am not holding out much hope for spiritual aid."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 18:42

Mocks looks at Zoe and then Rends.

"Spirits might not be able to help, but I am sneaky enough with my gifts alone. I can sneak in be a Wildcard...steal the fetishes, kill the villagers, maybe stay hidden...play dead. Show myself when most opportune."

He trails off as he turns to look at Zoe with a sad look in his eyes.

"Zoe...I don't think we can save the villagers. What will they do with no tonic? They have been living off stuff for who knows how long. It may cause irreparable damage. What will they do with no leadership? Huling is the only support they know... If we don't kill them, we are throwing them to the wolves to die. They will try to survive, struggle, and fail. Killing them is a mercy."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 19:15

Zoe opened her mouth to object, but simply exhaled in exasperation. Her eyes were sad and her body language appeared defeated. "But, we don't know that. They could be fine after a week or so. Maybe Huling came in and took over. Surely leadership will step up. Or maybe some of the people will choose to move their families elsewhere. I just have to believe that at least a few people will be able to pull through once Huling and the girls' influence over them has been broken."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 19:20

Sensing Zoe's sadness Kefka scratches his head while slowly approaching her. He says nothing but envelops her in a tight hug.
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 20:06

Rends growls in frustration.

"Look, wes already at every disadvantage here. We need something to tip the scales and one of us jest sneaking around ain't enough. They can read minds. They'll know any plan we think up. That's why we need spirit help. Sure they can talk to the dead but mortals have a hard time with that stuff. Me dying makes perfect sense. Im always first in and always use my fetishes in every fight. Itd be natural for them to think that without them i got in 9ver my head in the heat of battle and they kn9w 8d d9 anything to protect yall. Maybe we jest need a different approach. Maybe wes playing smart when we should play clever."

He turns to the Laughing Stranger.

"Coyotes a tricky son of a bitch. You reckon you could help pull the wool over their eyes? I can give some gnosis if it'll help.
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 20:24

Kefka shakes his head.

"You want clever? Fine. If those girls is any kind of smart they will know you is the one who killed patience. If anyone of us would have died, it would be. Hell, I did die for a few seconds. What if I am using my gifts and sneaking around. Stranger here disguises himself as me and is sneaking around obvious like in a different area. They notice him and think we are all accounted for. That leaves me free to do as I wish and them none the wiser."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 20:27

Zoe released herself from Mocks' hug and nodded with interest.

"The Stranger certainly has the ability to disguise himself as Kefka and distract the girls while Mocks acts as a wild card. You're our leader in combat, Rends, and if things change at the last moment, as they certainly will, we need you front and center calling the shots."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 21:31

Mocks begins to pace talking at a rushed pace, but still out loud.

"No, no, no, no. I can't use gifts. They knew when I used a gift, they knew before I used a gift. I will have to sneak in on my merit. Not that I can't do it, it will just be trickier. What fun would it be if things weren't difficult. Yes, yes...I will be in Lupus. Stranger can take my hat, my vest, my coat, my boots, my flask, my Apache. He will have to look like me without using magic, otherwise they will know. He can dress as me, staying the shadows as much possible to hide his face. Yes...yes. He can think like me. Think about booze, Harriet, blowing their brains out, my daughter..."

He trails off and turns paces a few more times before snapping his fingers.

"That's it! They will be in our minds anyway. We can't keep them out, but we can choose what they see. Concentrate on our rage, concentrate on murdering them. When they try to read our minds that is what they will see. Themselves dying. Each of us thinking of new imaginative ways to end them."

He stops pacing and faces the group with a crazed grin.

"Let them see into our minds. We will show them the monsters we are."

He laughs boisterously.

"As for our gifts they will be sensing them, waiting for us to make our move so they can counter the gifts...What if you overloaded their senses. Activate every gift you can as fast as possible. They won't be able to figure out which gifts are the ones to watch out for. It is a double-edged sword, don't get me wrong...but it will be unexpected."

Kefka stands there breathing heavily looking at the pack as a whole, but locking eyes with Rends hoping for approval.

"It's crazy and clever. The chances of it working are slim...but when has that ever stopped us. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 22:12

"I dont like the stronger pretending to be you. They may be able to sniff that out an it puts our totem in direct danger. We can make mocks the dead one and the stranger can do something to cloud their minds or make 7 more believable."

He grins.

"I did kill patience. I reckon I can egg them on. Get em to d9 something stupid. Nice and mad like. Then we strike."

He nods to mocks.

"it's a good plan."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 22:43

Zas looked at his gathered packmate's with a stern glance and says, "This is your plan. To begin the fight by unleashing the full might of Gaia...using every tool we have at our disposal in the hopes that it's enough to destroy the girls...as quickly as possible; Holding nothing back in reserve should they have a surprise of their own..."

The Philodox's face develops a mischievous grin, "An older, wiser, more mature Garou would likely call this a fools mission. A death gamble. Fortunately, we are coyotes followers and I'm young enough, dumb enough, and plain crazy enough to try it."

Zas then adds, "We should at least wait until after they tell us where the other telegraph machine is, and allow them the opportunity to confess to the full extent of their crimes before we administer their executions, Justice must be served."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 23:47

Eaton's mind wondered after he asked his question. It thought back to when the rest of them were defending the Caern in the making, the wyrm conducting it's final assault to stop Gaia's children. That creature called itself an angel, denouncing it's service to the wyrm. Eaton still didn't know what exactly it was, but here the name was again. One he zoned back in he heard his packmates discussing their plans, prompting him to bring up,

"Er, we doin' alot of assumin'. I dunno what this temple is but unless you guys got a floor plan I'm missin' tryin' to plan on sneakin' doesn't make much sense to me. We've only seen Patience's powers and I ain't exactly excited to find out the others."

Thinking quickly, he adds, "Even though those brats can slip into the umbra we've used that to our advantage many times and it ain't failed us yet. Ya gotta know about this place before we can plan somethin'."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Stranger
Admin
The Laughing Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014, 00:53

The Laughing Stranger doffed his hat and ran a hand through his tangle of hair, white teeth glinting in the starlight as he grit his teeth. "I'll help however I can, but I was skirting that clearing in the woods for a reason; Wyrm's stink strong enough to choke on. I don't rightly know what these girls are, but it's gonna to take a much greater spirit than me to be able to hoodwink them all at once. They aren't just flesh and blood, there is something more to 'em, but what that might be, I don't know."

"What I do know is, all the righteous intent in the world just makes for a good epitaph, nothing more." He winked at Rends-the-Gar. "Y'all go blindly hurtling into that Gaia-forsaken mess and I might have to be sending out another batch of letters."
Back to top Go down
https://wtarat.forumotion.com
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014, 07:55

Mocks shakes his head in disgust.

"Dammit Eaton. Can't you agree with me for once?"

Kefka rubs his temples as he breathes deeply.

"First of all how do you expect us to go Umbra with Huling? He's a human. Tainted or not he will die in the Umbra. Second off the point of me sneaking around and them thinking I is dead is so I can get yer fetishes back, and explore the area. I can give you valuable information via Laughing Stranger, and be a wild card of y'all needs help fightin'."

He straightens his hat and spits.

"As soon as they see us it's a fight. Regardless that we brought Huling along as collateral we killed Patience. They will want retribution, and not just the blood of Huling who they wanted dead all along. If the Angel is their patron he also knows we killed Patience and we'll be lucky to reach the temple before he hunts us down. Whether we go Umbra, real world it's going to be a fight, so prepare for it."

He gives Eaton a cold stare before pulling out his Apache and putting against Huling's head.

"You want to go Umbra? Fine. But that means we can't bring Huling...so he would die here and now."

After a few moments Mocks holsters the Apache and sits on Huling's unconscious body.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014, 08:08

Zoe whistled loudly to gain the attention of all her packmates. Once she had their eyes, she shook her head and sighed.

"You boys and your absolutes. There is always a third option. Things are not always black and white. Having Huling along does not make the Umbra off limits. It just makes it off limits to Huling and whoever is dragging him along. Out here we could probably tie him to a tree and still find him there later. I doubt his cronies would find him all the way out here."

She nodded to the Stranger. "Either way, he's right. If we just charge in there without some more intel, it'll be suicide. The girls can travel in the Umbra, as can the Angel, but just like us, they are not consciously aware of both at the same time, so there may yet be benefits to checking things out in the Umbra before we charge in. I'm not opposed to Mocks sneaking around or even of the Stranger posing as him, but that will only gain us a little if he's not able to find the weapons. We are on their turf here, so this is going to be an uphill fight whether we approach in this realm or the other. I do like the idea of clouding our own minds with confusing thoughts so the girls cannot use that against us, but once we are seen, like Kefka said, it's a fight. At this point we may still be able to decide when and possibly where that fight happens...maybe."
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014, 10:38

Rends nods.

"Always good to kn9w what wes getting into. Speaking of that... where the hell is ebony?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014, 12:07

Rage flared in Eaton's eyes as he stared at Mocks, though it only lingered for a second,

"I never said take Huling into the umbra. We can use the place to scope out the area leavin' him behind as Zoe said. And what makes ya think our stuff is there? If it ain't, you'll be scouting for a mighty long time before ya realize they ain't there. Usin' Huling as our little chip with us stickin' together is our best bet, I think."

He chuckles to himself, "Who knows? Maybe that angel is listenin' on us right now, laughin' how clueless we are?"
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014, 15:49

"If we was gonna leave hewling on his own we may as well have left him at the lodge. Out here any number of things could happen to him. We need to keep one of us with him at all times."

Rends scratches at his chin as he thinks aloud.

"The fetishes will be there. Them girls almost for sure know what happened to patience, and with the town in a riot they'd hide someplace strong with their cult. I'd bet my best boots theys holed up in the temple and their daddies have our fetishes. At least the obvious weapon ones."

He stops, an idea striking him.

"Wait, why are we even fighting them? If theys holed up in the temple and we can scout out their exits in the umbra, why don't we jest burn the place and wait in ambush at the back door? Damn it we need more information before we can set plans! We need to find ebony before we make our move. Find out what she's seen and get her scouting more."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014, 17:14

Zas looks at the pack ahroun and says, "This temple is not a building. According to the stranger it is merely a clearing in the forest. Having Ebony nearby would be helpful though, her absence is growingly disconcerting."

Zas then looks to the others, "As far as what to do with Huling-he should come with me. I need to see what the girls will do when he is presented before them. As far as what the rest of us should do, we should divide to conquer our foes-I think Eaton and Zoe should be our defenders in the umbra, while Rends and I approach the girls in this world. We fight them in both places while Mocks searches for our fetishes and aids the group that needs it most."

Zas takes a breath, "It is possible that the girls will likely use our own fetishes against us if they have them. Having us split up makes us more dangerous and harder to fight. Yet, I don't think we as a pack should create a single plan. The less we each know, the less the girls can stumble upon. Each group should make its own plan. That is my suggestion."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014, 20:58

Zoe neither nodded nor shook her head, clearly still unsettled by their lack of information.

"Dividing the pack is always more dangerous than sticking together. It's likely that the girls, knowing our ability to travel in both realms, may have split their own group in order to keep an eye out for us in both places. Whether that means we should take out half their group with all our forces or split our own to match their likely procedure, I don't know."

Nodding to Zas, she continued. "He's right though. Whatever we do, we need to decide it more or less on the fly so that they cannot hear our thoughts and plan accordingly."

She sighed and grimaced. "I do not like the idea of them using our fetishes against us. If we're lucky - very lucky - the spirits inside will be unwilling to cooperate with them and they will be no better than normal weapons of their kind. But if they can coerce ghosts into giving up information, I fear for what they may do to our spirits and weapons if they refuse to cooperate."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Points of Contention
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: