|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Points of Contention

Go down 
+2
Fae Carver
Zoe
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Points of Contention Empty
PostSubject: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 08:21

As the Prodigals followed the Stranger to the altar where the girls and this so-called angel were being worshiped, Zoe took the opportunity to try and prevent any more fury-driven foolishness from the pack Ragabash. Zas and Eaton led the way and Rends pulled up the rear with Huling in tow. Zoe matched pace with Mocks the Night and tried to speak as calmly as possible despite her simmering frustration with her brother.

"Mocks the Night, your actions over the past few hours have been troubling to me and quite unlike you. You have been springing into action without the support of your pack and making - and almost making - rash irreversible decisions. The first incident I speak of is of course when you leapt from the Fischer's home revealing your true nature to almost the entire town, thus condemning all who remember what happened to their deaths per the Litany. You should have known that the mind-numbing effects of the Tonic would likely counteract the effects of the Delirium. And did you really think the five of us would be able to take on the entire town? You're lucky I was there to save your ass or you'd be a trophy on the lodge wall right now. What were you thinking?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 12:55

Mocks begins to darkly chuckle once Zoe finishes up her attack. It doesn't take long for the chuckle to turn into full out, head back mad cackling. He stops laughing and begins shaking his head as grabs his flask and downs the remaining liquor.

"Don't mean to laugh at you Zoe, but hearin' all the bullshit fly from your mouth was damn funny."

He scoffs and spits on the ground at her feet. He looks at her with his rage filled eyes. His words though angry are cold and collected.

"There was no way to know that the effects of the tonic could counter the delirium. There was a mob at the Fitch's doorsteps. Something had to be done. We could have run, but that would have meant leaving Mrs. Fitch to die. Far as I am concerned she is only damn innocent person in this town. Hell she has bedridden until we saved her. If not for the tonic the mob would have scattered, cept for a handful which we could have dealt with. The delirium is a tool to use same as our fang and claw."

He pauses and takes a few deep breaths glaring at Zoe.

"I am thankful for you saving me, but if you hadn't Rends would have. I tried to thank you before for saving me, and you said I didn't because it was your job. As a pack we all watch out for each other. We have all saved and all been saved. SO DON"T YOU GO RUBBING IT IN MY FACE YOU DID YOUR JOB AND SAVED ME!"

Mocks steps closer to Zoe and gets in her face.

"The whole town has got to die, but that ain't my fault. I tried to deal out justice to the one to blame and you stopped me. Huling has been putting wyrm shit in his tonic. The whole town has been drinking the tonic and are tainted now. He has forced our hands to destroy this God forsaken town. You will not blame me for this or so help me that will be the last breath you take."

He steps away from Zoe.
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 13:29

Rends the Gar steps forward and puts a firm hand on mocks shoulder. Now in his home from he is still coated in gore and looking grim as he steps up to his friend.

"Hold on buddy. Ain't no need to start tearing each other to bits yet."

He turns to zoe, cutting her off before she can reply to mocks.

"I could use some healing before we arrive. And you could do to remember who the bad guy is here. We already made a mess of things here. Blaming each other when we all at fault is only gonna get us killed."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 15:08

"Yes, of course, Rends, but I do not plan to antagonize him any further, simply to explain and even apologize a little."

She eyed Mocks curiously and a bit confused.

"If the whole town has to die, then that includes Mrs. Fitch, who you just said you believed to be innocent. If she is innocent, there could be others. And guilt does not require death, either. Yes, the town was being poisoned by Huling's tonic, but if you were a frail, sick human and a charismatic man came to you with a drink that promised healing, wouldn't you at least try it?"

She nodded to the flask in his hand. "Arguably you do exactly the same thing with that. poisoning your body and mind in an attempt to dull the pains of life."

She took a deep breath and sighed. "Perhaps blaming the damnation of the entire town on you was too harsh and undeserved, but Huling is not to blame either. The people had a choice and they took it, but if a whole town could be poisoned with a single drink, could not Gaia cleanse the whole town in a similar way? The destruction of an entire town is a very difficult Veil breech to mend."

Zoe shook her head. "I do not disagree that the Delirium is both a gift and a tool that allows us to use our forms without violating the Litany. My issue with your actions earlier is that your packmates cautioned you against your decision, and you acted anyway, effectively piercing the Veil for all five of us."

She looked over Rends' shoulder at Huling and snarled softly. "I don't like him any more than you do, but until we have everything settled here - the girls, this angel character, and the telegraphs - we need him alive. He knows this town better than anyone and it would be foolish to eliminate a potential source before we're through."

She nodded to Rends but still spoke to Mocks. "If it makes you feel any better, which it probably won't, I don't think he should've killed Patience either for the same reason, but there was nothing we could do to stop that."

She then closed her eyes and began her prayer to the Mother to request healing on behalf of her packmate, while Mocks considered her response.
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 15:46

Rends takes a deep refreshing breath as his flesh is reknitted. He nods 8 thanks to zoe before speaking. He pauses, seeming to think of something before turning around and knocking Huling out with one punch.

"I figure he don't need to hear this regardless what we say."

He slings the man over his shoulder as they move on.

"Look, we came here to do a job and we fucked it up royal. Ain't no two ways about it. Now we gotta kill the girls and hewling at least. The rest of the town is like I said earlier and tonight jest proves me right. Their girls and judge go missing and they'll string us up. Already tried once. We ain't gonna leave town with the telegraph like that. That's why they gotta die. This son of a bitch is dead in an hour either by our claws or by the girls so we ain't getting anything more from him. He knowingly poisoned the town. End of story."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 16:43

"Mrs. Fitch is innocent because she was bed ridden when we got here. Ever since giving birth we were told. She ain't had Huling's tonic, she ain't been well enough to do anything with the girls. That is why I had to fight the mob for her sake, that is why I stopped her execution. She is the only innocent one. Everyone who drank the tonic is tainted and has to die. All the others are likely at the temple with the girls. They got to die too."

Kefka spits on Huling.

"This bastard betrayed us. He can't be trusted. He will tell us whatever he thinks we want to here so he can keep his life. The girls betrayed us. We can't trust them either. We can search Huling's office and the lodge. His paperwork and official records will likely be more truthful than his words."

He pauses.

"I should have killed him in town. What if the girls are going to do something to him?Turn him into something? We don't know the extent of their powers. What if we are still playing into their hands? Had we left him alive and in town he could have sabotaged the machine, gathered another mob, destroyed his records and ran away. It is moot because he is with us now, but I had every logical reason to end his life."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 19:01

Hearing the conversation turn heated, Eaton slowed so that he was within speaking distance,

"Mrs. Fitch ain't innocent, at least not by your standards, Kefka. While you were busy playin' with your shadows she tried to blast Zas' head off. Even then, she saw her daughter as some meek little girl. Mrs Fitch was just as guilty as her husband."

He sighs, trying to control himself, "I was hopin' that maybe with Patience gone she mighta snapped outta it, but we weren't able to find that out. I do know that killin' Huling wasn't gonna fix anythin'."

He shoots a glance at Zas, before glaring at Mocks, "When the Philodox isn't gonna pass judgement, I say we agree with it."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 19:19

Mocks returns Eaton's glare.

"Even a Philadox can be wrong."

His glare disappears and is replaced by weakness as he speaks directly to Eaton.

"She was being a mother Eaton. Would you not do the same to anyone even threatening Elijah? Loving her child and wanting to protect her is not a crime. No matter what your child is...it is your duty as a parent to fight for them. She was too bedridden to move. So we know she ain't ever been to the temple to worship them. "

He pauses.

"Even if killing Huling don't fix anything...he has to die. He has seen too much, he has worked with the Wyrm, Hell...he was mind controlling an entire town for his own personal gain. He is rotten to the core and the world will thank us for cleaning up the trash.".
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 19:46

Eaton raised an eyebrow, “If ya disagree with his judgment, than do as I’ve done and take ‘im up on it. Though I dunno is this is his opinion but more that he remembered somethin’ important. Ya don’t wanna be the guy going around breakin’ promises.”

He let out a sigh, “She had your gun. Even if she was protectin’ her she was still fine with takin’ our things after welcomin’ us. Patience still had hold over ‘er either way. I ain’t calling for her to be burned as a witch but we still don’t know everythin’ yet.”

At the mention that Huling must die, he narrows his eyes, “That’s still breakin’ the promise. Even if we kill Huling, will the world thank us when somethin’ even nastier takes his place?”
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 20:10

"We may not know everything...but we do know Huling was working with the Wyrm. It's our job to kill him. If something nastier comes along...well we'll kill it too. That is our duty. Fight the Wyrm until we die."

He is silent for few beats while he thinks.

"We did make a promise...however Sam Houston is a kinfolk. He knows our culture. He will understand we had no choice. Litany above promises. After our trouble with Ford we agreed to never trust the wyrm or work with them in any way again. I was acting on the agreement we as a pack made. We know Huling is aligned with the wyrm. He should die by our hands. Not the hands of the witch brats."
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 20:13

"That ain't how it works, eaton. We kill the Wyrm where it dwells. Hewling is both Wyrm corrupted and he corrupted this town by extension through his direct actions."

Rends shakes his head in frustration at the galliard.

"Why do you think he's a victim here? He already confessed to using the lacrymae and consortin with spirits to control the town and we see the result of that. Hell for all we know the girls is a direct result of his influence here. He ain't the victim here! I thought you had more sense than that."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 20:27

Zoe held up a hand. "Just hold on a second, everyone. There is a big difference between destroying the Wyrm where it lies and destroying people foolish enough to willing or unwittingly getting in bed with the Wyrm. Certainly the people of this town were not told 'this tonic will fill your soul with the source of evil itself' before they drank it. I still do not believe that drinking the tonic is an act worthy of death at our hands. As far as Mrs. Fitch is concerned, maybe she was simply defending her daughter, but it is quite clear the girls have just as much a psychological hold over their followers as Huling does, so arguably no one in this town has any idea what they are doing except for Huling, the girls, and us."

She turned specifically to Kefka and smiled warmly. "Brother, I understand now that you had logical reasons for your acts, but if possible in the future we could avoid these frustrations if you share what you're thinking with us before you take action. That's my true issue with all of this."
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 20:46

Rends shakes his head at zoe.

"I spent weeks hunting down Cordova men after we defeated him. You think any of them had any idea what was really going on? How many skin rippers you reckon knew what they was getting into? Most servants of the Wyrm ain't got a clue. They still gotta die."

He shakes his head again.

"Yous right though. This whole goddammit mission shows we gotta make some changes. But now ain't the time. We can talk about that on the way home"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 20:54

Eaton's glare drifted away from Mocks and focused on the Arhoun, "He sold that tonic tryin' to help the townsfolk. You know the wyrm likes messin' up the best intentions. Now somethin' is up about him; I dunno too many plain men willin' to contact the spirits to fix stuff, but I don't want to kill 'im just yet if he ain't even the problem."

He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, "The Stranger already pointed out how's he's useful alive. Is destroyin' the wyrm as soon as we get our paws on it really the best way? If we tried to fight Ford those months ago, he could'a killed us then and there. And what about way back when with Penelope?"
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 21:00

"Penelope was a special case. And since you are so keen about siding with the Philadox, let me remind you Zas thought we should have killed Ford."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 21:08

"But Ford was a Black Spiral Dancer who knew exactly who he was in league with. Huling's dealings with the spirit realm could have started off innocent enough and then developed into the mess with the Lachrimae and the girls who he tried to control with that book, albeit in vain. I'm not saying Huling hasn't made any mistakes, but he is not on the same level as Cordova who was a Wyrm creature himself or Ford who is a willing conscious servant of the Wyrm."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 21:23

"How was Penelope so special? 'Cause we found out later she was redeemable? Followin' the strictest sense of the Litany woulda meant tearin' here apart right there. And Ford was drippin' with the Wyrm, but if tried to kill 'em right there, we'd all be dead."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 21:24

After realizing that he was now walking alone, the Prodigals Philodox stopped and turned to look back where the rest of his pack stood talking. He took a deep breath and headed back to join them.

As he approached, the last few heated words of the Galliard hung in the air. The Silent Strider shook his head long and slowly as he spoke, "We are called to destroy the Wyrm. As to the matter of when that occurs-there is more of a debate. There are many things about this town that are out of balance and that are unnatural. The Wyrm's influence here is unmistakable. To what extent each family has been touched by the Wyrm -is yet to be determined. Though all have been affected in some way."

Zas turns to look at Kefka and says, "I know you do not think keeping Huling alive is best. I agree that he is a grave threat. Yet Houston warned us that he was well connected. This town needs to be purged and cleansed-to cover our tracks, and having you tear Huling apart would not be easily explained by a fire to any people who come searching for what happened."

He sighs and looks to Rends, "I know there is a great risk in allowing him to live temporarily, but you told me that I needed to pick my target and go after it utterly. My target since we arrived here has been the girls. I intend to find out how connected they are to Huling to ensure all the Wyrm is killed. If Huling was already dead-we have no way of knowing the extent of the Wyrm's influence other than going by what they say. Their actions will speak louder than their words."

Zas then turns to the others, "That is why I stood opposed to letting Mocks destroy him completely. I have never said Huling was innocent. He must die one way or the other. However, the way he dies is more of my concern. When the time comes though-"

Zas then turns to look at Kefka, "I feel it right that you should be the one to kill him. I will only ask that you kill him in a way that doesn't cause any more suspicion or further break the veil."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 21:40

Kefka nods to Zas as he handles his Apache.

"Then riddled with bullets shall be his fate,lucky for me those are something I am never short of. Albeit that is unlucky for Huling."

Mocks then turns to Eaton.

"Penelope was special because she had not yet begun to walk the path of the black spiral. She was recently turned and her greatest crime had been attacking me. She was no more guilty than any of us when we first changed. That makes her a special case."

He turns back to Zas.

"I won't be much help dealing with the girls. I got a daughter of my own and it feels wrong. It makes me sick. I will focus on whatever the Angel is. I ain't ever been a man of religion so it shouldn't be a problem."

He chuckles slightly looking to Zoe.

"I will do my best to make my pack aware of my actions before I enact them in the future...I thank you for understanding."

Last edited by Kefka on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 16:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 21:57

Zoe nodded at Mocks. "Of course, brother. It's best we always try to understand one another instead of jumping to unfounded conclusions. Forgive me for doing so earlier?"
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptySun 19 Oct 2014, 22:16

Eaton opened his mouth to counter the Philodox, but seeing that his decision had been made, he changed his mind and said, "Well, guess that's what's gotta be done. Glad we got this little talk, though."

Wondering out loud, Eaton continued, "I'm actually pretty interested in this 'angel'. In the bible, they're messengers of God but still managed to scare those who saw 'em. If this one's like of o' those, who's it answerin' to?"
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 00:45

Zas turned to Eaton and his last voiced thought. The Silent Strider pondered the thought for a moment before speaking, "I spoke with missionary's growing up. They told me of angels being creatures of light who serve a creator. If the laughing stranger had to go out of his way to avoid this--creature, I think it can be assumed that this is a dangerous foe and for a being called to the light, this place is very dark. Regardless of what it is, if it stands against Gaia-the punishment for such a crime is clear."
Zas says looking to Rends with a firm and resolute gaze.
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 16:25

Mocks flashes a smile at Zoe.

"Of course sister."

The smile however is soon replaced by the same sour expression he wore earlier as his eyes settle on Eaton.

"If the angel is aligned with the girls, perhaps it is a fallen angel. Fortunately for us it don't matter either way he dies."

He pauses.

"Do we have a plan of action when we get to the temple? Obviously the girls and the angel have to dealt with but there maybe other villagers there. If we are lucky Mr. Fitch and the fetishes. As I stated earlier I won't be much help against the girls so I will have to focus on the Angel, or the townsfolk. If the girls are the main objective, 3 of y'all can take the girls out, and someone will take either the villagers or the angel. Which ever I am not fightin'."

Mocks looks to Rends.

"I'm jes spitballin' here. You got to call it for us. This is our last chance to not screw up again here. "

He looks around at his pack and spits.

"I tell ya. Once we leave this hellhole I ain't ever coming back."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 17:28

Zoe nodded enthusiastically. "I have no desire to ever set foot in this town again when all is said and done!"

Her face grew troubled as she released and exasperated sigh. "I agree that the girls and this angel-demon must be destroyed, but I still hate the idea of killing all of the villagers simply because they were being manipulated by these girls and by Huling's tonic."

Her head cocked to the side as her brothers saw an idea come to her mind. "It's a long shot, what with us being spirit-slayers and all, but perhaps we can bargain with some memory spirits to clear any trace of us - or at least us as werewolves - from the minds of the villagers."

She shrugged as she looked at her pack. "It's worth a shot, right?"
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention EmptyMon 20 Oct 2014, 17:44

Rends nods his head then thinks for a moment.

"Here's what I'm thinking. Mocks can take out the villagers and secure our fetishes while the rest of you engage the angel. Meanwhile I'll be sneaking around and take out the girls first thing. Once you settle your task, focus on the angel. I think it'll be to7ghest. Zoe, we need some kind of mental spirit. I want those girls to read your minds and like what they see. They gonna see the lacrymae kill me. That'll allow me to sneak in and get some payback."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Points of Contention   Points of Contention Empty

Back to top Go down

Points of Contention
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: