|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Yellow Faced Truth

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

The Yellow Faced Truth Empty
PostSubject: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 01:19

Kefka was the first to finish eating his meal. With his mind racing, his stomach just wasn't up to the task. He walks the perimeter to make sure there would be no unwanted company as his pack finishes their meal. He shifts back into homid and picks a stringy piece of red flesh out of his teeth. He flings it on the ground and wipes his hand on his pants as he pulls out the book and begins to pace. He brings the book up to his mouth as he gathers his thoughts. Eventually he stands solid and tall and faces the pack. He clears his throat and gestures to the book before speaking.

"As you all know we took this book from the school. I had trouble sleeping so I decided to pick through it and see what I found. I brought my findings to Rends and we decided it was too dangerous to discuss at the Finch's house. So here we are... away from those damn mind readin' brats. There won't be a better time than right now."

He pauses and holds the book up.

"This is a mockery of the Bible. Different chapters by different authors. In one of the chapters I found a charter. I'm just going to read it aloud to you all."

"We gather from the moon's lucent bounty
A host of harvested boons:
The Absent Moon offers wisdom and insight both forgotten and unknown.
The Horned Moon offers the spirit ways and the paths of apportation.
The Balance Moon offers judgment and the triumph of intellect over emotion.
The Nascent Moon offers silver-tongued grace.
And the Harvest Moon offers strength and prowess.
These we pledge to use for the betterment of men.
These we pledge to use against those who occlude our goals.
These we pledge to use as the stars hang low in the sky and the coarse howls of devils are heard from the hills.
A brotherhood we are, for only by standing united against our opposition can we hope to attain prominence."

"Obviously there are striking resemblances to the auspices of our society. It isn't clear if they each have their own specialty as we do, or perhaps the phase of the moon changes the powers for the group as a whole. Either way, they are more dangerous than we had considered, and possibly more similar to us than I would ever like to admit."

He pauses as he turns the pages through the book.

"Ah, yes here we go. A scribbling in the margin. It says

"If one is to join our enlightened Society, one must know and subscribe to certain unassailable principles. I look forward to your progress."

It is signed "The Malvosin" Perhaps that is someone's name, or it could be a title... That person could be someone in this town, our states away...what we have stumbled into here may be bigger than we could have possibly foreseen."

He pauses again as he furiously flips through the book. His eyes widen when he finds the page.

"I just have one last part to read and then I'll shut up. My mind is made up on what to do, and if I know you guys, like I think I do...well you will reach the same conclusion as me."

With a grim expression Kefka looks each member of his pack in the eyes before glancing down at the book.

"These are the words spoken unto the gathered enlightened of Zavala, by the Guardian of the Black Stairway, Samael, our guide and benefactor."

"FOR BEHOLD, THE TIME IS NOT FAR DISTANT, THAT WITH POWER,
THE WEEPING MOON, THE UNTHINKING WANTON MOTHER,
WHO REIGNETH AND WATCHES US EVEN UNTO THE HELL THAT IS TO BE ENDURED,
SHALL COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AMONG THE CHILDREN OF MEN,
AND HER AVATARS, HER OFFSPRING WILL WEAR A TABERNACLE OF CLAY,
WILL TEAR FREE OF THEIR WOMB OF SPIRIT AND GO FORTH AMONGST MEN,
WORKING MIGHTY MIRACLES:
THE GIFT OF PROPHESY AND THE POWER OVER DISEASE IS GIVEN.
LIKEWISE POWER OVER THE SPIRITS OF THE AIR AND OF THE EARTH AND THOSE
UNDER THE EARTH ARE GIVEN UNTO THEM.

THE LITTLE ONES WILL LEAD YOU, AND I WILL GUIDE YOU,
UNTO THE VERY ENDING OF THE WORLD-AND BEYOND."

Kefka then closes the book as he sits down indian style facing the pack. He rests his elbows on his knees and interlocks his fingers resting his head in his hands as he awaits a response from his pack.
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 01:44

Zas, wearing lupus form, bares his teeth, but his tail swishes back and forth eagerly, his fanged maw still dripping blood.
"I have heard all that is needed to render judgement. They have given us their Litany. They have sealed their fates. "

The philodox then shifts into homid form and says, "The girls are not of this world. They are spawned of the Wyrm. That was made clear. Their wish is to see Huling dead. They seek to lead. I do not follow their commands. I choose my own path. They must be destroyed. I feel there are several ways to do this. I will hear first from you all to determine the best means of doing this."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 06:13

Zoe slowly shifted into Homid, her green eyes dark with anger, her mouth a vicious scowl, and her spots of missing hair adding to her foul appearance.

"That is disgusting," she spat out.

"These twisted creatures believe Luna to be their mother and to have gifted them with auspices and abilities as she has us?  Despicable!"

She growled softly, glanced down at the ground, and then back up at Kefka. "They surely do not gain their power from Luna, but they do have power, much power, so we must be ever vigilant as we dispose of them fully. We will not allow 'the little ones' to lead this corrupted society anywhere but back into the Hell from whence it sprang."

Zoe sighed as her visage became more contemplative.  "The question is: how do we get the jump on a group of prophetesses who also have power over the spirits?"
Back to top Go down
Rends the Gar

Rends the Gar

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 11:19

Rends is busy chewing on a femur and liking out the marrow but he growls in agreement.

"Theys dangerous. We can't let em live. But it's more than that."

He cracks the bone with a powerful chomp.

"The towns folk ain't jest gonna let strangers walk off after their judge and all their kids die after such a hard winter. Even if we somehow make it look like an accident we'll have a lynch mob on us before we can even find the other half of the telegraph."

He looks each of his packmates in the eye.

"We gotta kill em all. The whole town."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 12:53

Zas nods to Rends and says, "I feel you are right. The town must be destroyed. Yet, taking them all on at the same time would not be beneficial to our cause."

Zas rubbed his chin, "These girls are blatantly violating the veil. Their use of powers is a rabid act of defiance to the Gaia given order of things. The Black Stairway combined with this list of auspices sound too close to the Black Spirals. It could very well be this is a variation of their own dark Litany. They must be eliminated as a top priority. The rest of the town is an after thought aside from Huling and his servants. They too should be destroyed but after the girls."
Back to top Go down
Eaton

Eaton

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 18:49

Eaton licked at the bones discarded by the rest of his pack, his ears perked up indicating his was listening. Once he had determined the remains were picked clean and Kefka had finished speaking, he turned back into his homid form and said, "I dunno if I'm so quick to wanna destroy everythin'. I mean, that's what Garou do best but like everythin' we dealt with so far, we've come across this for a reason."

He stood back up and gestured back towards the direction he thought the town was in, "This entire brotherhood or what have you might be in Zavala, but if it ain't we're losin' our way of findin' out what all of this is about. Already I'm havin' a problem with what's written here. If Huling was indoctrinating 'em with it, why does he wanna take them away? Patience and all sound like those children in it's prophecy."

He turns back towards the pack, "Which also mentioned the apocalypse."
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 19:03

Zoe shook her head. "I don't think trashing the whole town is wise either. It's possible Huling wants to get rid of the girls because he bit off more than he could chew when he summoned, created, or welcomed them to Zavala. Perhaps he simply doesn't like the idea of them leading instead of him. I agree with you all that these girls are a threat to be eliminated. They suggested that Huling's pets made him harder to take down. What if the girls' presence is weakening him? Taking them out could make it harder to remove him. And like Rends said, removing the girls and Huling - the town's most prominent residents - would result in an uproar from the town for sure."
Back to top Go down
Fae Carver

Fae Carver

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 19:16

Kefka stands up lazily and begins fidgeting with his Apache.

"Huling is bad news. Them girls is bad news. Huling gave them that book to try and teach them his ways. So obviously he created or summoned them. Make no doubt...Huling and those girls is tied together. They ain't listening and followin' the rules so he is sending them away. Perhaps to another sect where who might have different training methods. If those girls is in the prophecy we can't let them leave. We's got to end them here, along with Huling. We need to act fast and get the telegraph machine and get out."

He pauses.

"Hell maybe after taking care of Huling the town can come to their senses... On the other hand if we take Huling out, the town doesn't get their tonic and might end up destroying themselves. That would save us the trouble and might be fun to watch. You think that shop owner could take the school teach in a fight."

He laughs a dark laugh.

"This whole land here is tainted. You told us that much Zoe if we take the Lachrymae out and the Wyrm is still as palpable more things must die by our claws."
Back to top Go down
Zas B'ul

Zas B'ul

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 20:29

Zas looked back and forth between Eaton and Zoe listening to their thoughts. He then spoke, "I think I see your points. We do not know to what extent the relationship between Huling and the girls goes. We do know however that there is a relationship between them and furthermore that as Kefka has reminded us, the town reeks of the Wyrm. These things alone warrant both the town and these groups utter annihilation. The litany is abundantly clear on this."

The philodox then turns to Leperfriend and says, "The hunt does not end with Huling's death. In San Augustine we learned from Sam Houston that others of Huling's ilk congregate there in the local lodge. We can pursue that trail."

Zas then turns to look at Hears the Song and says, "Rends the Gar and you are both correct. Attacking these Wyrm creatures all at once, in sight of the townspeople is asking for our doom. We must fight smart. Perhaps we could split the children up and kill them individually under the guise of protecting them from the men Huling called. Whatever we do, it must be done quickly. Time is not on our side."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Yellow Faced Truth   The Yellow Faced Truth Empty

Back to top Go down

The Yellow Faced Truth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
| :: Rage Across Texas Forums :: Tales of Renown-
Jump to: